PDA

View Full Version : The Aria de Mezzo Carattere

Necronopticous
09-11-2004, 04:29 AM
I heard an opera house put this on in real life before, anyone have any info? I would sell my soul for a recording of it, or even better a video of it. They should put on I Want To Be Your Canary also, that would be so awesome.

Big D
09-14-2004, 06:55 AM
That opera doesn't even have a complete plot, from what we see in the game anyway. They'd have to complete the story and score before it could be produced.

There are plenty of live recordings of arranged versions of the Aria, but the opera itself has never been performed, to my knowledge.

crono_logical
09-14-2004, 04:11 PM
If you look on the front site in the mp3 section for the FF6 Grande Finale Album, you should find one version of Aria de Mezzo Carattere there with a real singer doing the vocals of Maria's section of the song :p

I've also got a recording of the Tokyo Orchestra performing the scenes we see in the game, from the overture, through Maria's part where you pick the vocals, up to and including the wedding and fight with Ultros, all sung in Japanese. This track weighs in over 30 MB though, and is over 23 minutes long. Maybe I'll ask BoB about uploading it to this server too so everyone can grab it :p

Necronopticous
09-14-2004, 06:55 PM
Well, I have the orchestrated track with a real lady singing Maria's part, however, I heard that some opera house actually put the whole opera on as a feature. I'm not sure if they made up the rest of the opera, or if it's written somewhere. Who knows, maybe I was just lied to. Either way I think it would be cool.

You know I always wondered when I played Final Fantasy VI... How does Celes pull off an opera voice? I mean people go to school for years to learn how to project your voice like that. I always wondered if she actually did it, or if the audience could tell she was inexperienced. It would be cute to hear a recording of a girl singing it in a not-so-opera voice.

Also, I'm DYING to hear english vocals on this song, I love the english lyrics, grrr.

Zifnab
09-14-2004, 06:58 PM
...up to and including the wedding and fight with Ultros, all sung in Japanese. This track weighs in over 30 MB though, and is over 23 minutes long. Maybe I'll ask BoB about uploading it to this server too so everyone can grab it :p
Why do I think of bad cosplay at the thought of an acted Ultros? :erm:

I for one would like to download that movie.

crono_logical
09-14-2004, 10:16 PM
Why do I think of bad cosplay at the thought of an acted Ultros?

I for one would like to download that movie.Shame it's only the MP3 I have :p

Also, I'm DYING to hear english vocals on this song, I love the english lyrics, grrr.I don't have any copy of it with it sung in English :p

Necronopticous
09-15-2004, 01:43 AM
I'm good with the japanese =P

If there is any way you could put it up, that would be great, or if you could transfer it to me any other way, I'm open to suggestions, and I'm on broadband. Let me know!

crono_logical
09-17-2004, 07:35 PM
http://www.eyesonff.com/files/ftp.cgi?dir=Misc_Soundtracks/FF6_Dream_Oath

I'll get Cid to add that folder to the list of downloads when I can be bothered to email him, but that link should work for now :monster:

Necronopticous
09-17-2004, 09:57 PM
Thanks a ton! I'll download it when I get home tonight!

Zifnab
09-17-2004, 10:15 PM
http://www.eyesonff.com/files/ftp.cgi?dir=Misc_Soundtracks/FF6_Dream_Oath

I'll get Cid to add that folder to the list of downloads when I can be bothered to email him, but that link should work for now :monster:
Just downloaded it. I don't know if it's my download or my computer, but it makes some weird noises while it's playing, like static and blips. But otherwise it's pretty decent. :D