PDA

View Full Version : The Seanian Empire

Shlup
09-11-2004, 08:54 AM
Remember when Ashley went to EA Game's Community Day in San Francisco about a month ago? And then we said we were making a fan page for it? Because EA gives free goods?

Well Sean is officially building an empire. Eyesonff.com is hosting the site, and for a few hours the address was lotr.eyesonff.com, but then Sean decided to buy www.the3rdage.com, so now it has it's own domain.

We've been working on it for quite a few hours today and have a bit of content up, but, as witnessed by the sucess of Eyeson, we need a real staff to get the site to be sucessful.

So if you'd like to get in on the groud floor of this, I suggest you do so now. We need to have the site pretty solidly done by Thursday so it can go up on the EA Games official website.

If you'd like to be a part of this (and, in essence, Eyeson) visit www.the3rdage.com, think of something that should go on the site that isn't there, then submit it somehow to me (I'd say me or TheAbominatrix, but she lives on dial-up, the poor thing).

We've also stared (about 15 minutes ago) setting up a message board for the site at www.the3rdage.com/forums, so if you want to be a part of the staff or just be cool, go sign up for it.

Uhm, what else was I gonna say...? Maybe that was it. Whatever.

Support the Seanian empire and do something and be cool like me. <3

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's for "The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age" game. :p

Leeza
09-11-2004, 09:16 AM
I tried to register and I'm still a Guest. :(

Shlup
09-11-2004, 09:24 AM
Did you log in after registering?

I should make it so guests can't post... I forgot.

Leeza
09-11-2004, 09:27 AM
Okay, I'm registered now. :)

Shlup
09-11-2004, 09:51 AM
Yay! Now you're officially cooler than any other EoFF member. :cookie:

TheAbominatrix
09-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Everyone who likes me should join. And everyone who doesnt like me should join. That just about covers it.

Peegee
09-11-2004, 10:13 AM
typos all over your post, shlup.

Miriel
09-11-2004, 10:31 AM
I registered :) But the main page isn't showing up properly for me, am I supposed to be seeing the "Welcome to Fusion News 3.6.1 posted by FusionPHP Team" thingy?

Shlup
09-11-2004, 10:44 AM
I registered :) But the main page isn't showing up properly for me, am I supposed to be seeing the "Welcome to Fusion News 3.6.1 posted by FusionPHP Team" thingy?
Yeah, I just put that up. I'm editing the script right now, though I wont be able to edit the actual post until I get EoFF's new FTP info.

And shaddap, PG. It's the middle of the damn night.

Levian
09-11-2004, 11:36 AM
Uhm, what else was I gonna say...? Maybe that was it. Whatever.

Maybe what the site is all about? I didn't know it was a lotr place until I registered at the forum. Nice place. :freak:

Ki Ki
09-11-2004, 11:44 AM
If I register. Can I be a mod??

But I'll register anyway. 'Cause I like Shlup & Abominatrix. Yes I do.

Shlup
09-11-2004, 11:55 AM
If I register. Can I be a mod??

But I'll register anyway. 'Cause I like Shlup & Abominatrix. Yes I do.
If you want to be on the site staff you can be a forum mod. ^_^

Ki Ki
09-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Could I?? Can I then? I joined already. So how do I become a mod?

Loony BoB
09-11-2004, 12:06 PM
Hmm. *ponders donating his spare vB licence*

EDIT: Although it so should have been eyesonlotr.com ;)

Shlup
09-11-2004, 12:29 PM
Hmm. *ponders donating his spare vB licence*
Don't those things cost a decent chunk of money? You're so weird, Daniel.

I'm fine with the phpBB though, so only donate it if you really want to 'cause I wouldn't want you to find a better use for it later and have given it to ungrateful me.

Then again, Ashley might really want it. I dunno.

Is vB really that much better than phpBB? I've only been using the later for like... a few minutes.

EDIT: Although it so should have been eyesonlotr.com ;)
That will be phase 3 of the Seanian Empire.

Erdrick Holmes
09-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Are there admin spots open?

EDIT: Why are the forums using phpbb? I'm good at using that but IPB is much better.

Miriel
09-11-2004, 12:48 PM
Yeah, Invisionboard is the next best thing to vbulletin, and it's free which is a plus. Phpbb just has very ugly smilies.

Loony BoB
09-11-2004, 01:08 PM
From what I've been told, phpBB is better if you know php really well because it's far more customisable. Invision is better if you aren't very techy and just want a half decent Admin CP. vB is better than both by a long way, though.

And yeah, they cost, but I'm not doing anything with my spare right now - I have three, Daryl uses one for The Basement and I use one for Aiyon. tGA's vB is Raistlin's.

As for "Is it really that much better?" I believe the answer would be "Yes" but it all depends on how much you intend on working with it. Any board is okay if you just want somewhere to post at, but if you want all the extras then vB is far superior. Also it's a lot easier to get help for from the people we know because most of us use vB and not phpBB and therefore can offer more advice.

EDIT: Glad to see there's a 'phase 3' or something. I've talked to a few people about such an eyeson empire before. It'd kick arse. Also, the only 'stipulation' of using a vB of mine is that I get to be an admin, but that also means you can feel free to get me to do whatever you might need. :p

Silmaril
09-11-2004, 03:01 PM
I registered! Yay for me. Mainly coz i like you guys.

Shoeberto
09-11-2004, 03:58 PM
Said the URL couldn't be found :(

Cid
09-11-2004, 04:04 PM
Welp, I can get you IVB too if you want.

Shlup
09-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Could I?? Can I then? I joined already. So how do I become a mod?
If you want to be a mod you have to be a part of the site staff. To do that, go to the site and think of something that should be added. Make it up in some form or another, and submit it. If I put it up, I'll mod you and you can help out in the staff forum.
Are there admin spots open?

EDIT: Why are the forums using phpbb? I'm good at using that but IPB is much better.
I guess if you work as hard as Ashley and I are then you deserve an admin spot. We already have me, Ashley, Sean, and if we change to vB we'll have BoB as an admin. You'd have to work on the site several hours a day to earn that one though.

I've used IPB, vB, and phpBB now. So far I like phpBB second best, vB best, and IPB least, though it's still nice.

From what I've been told, phpBB is better if you know php really well because it's far more customisable. Invision is better if you aren't very techy and just want a half decent Admin CP. vB is better than both by a long way, though.

And yeah, they cost, but I'm not doing anything with my spare right now - I have three, Daryl uses one for The Basement and I use one for Aiyon. tGA's vB is Raistlin's.

As for "Is it really that much better?" I believe the answer would be "Yes" but it all depends on how much you intend on working with it. Any board is okay if you just want somewhere to post at, but if you want all the extras then vB is far superior. Also it's a lot easier to get help for from the people we know because most of us use vB and not phpBB and therefore can offer more advice.

EDIT: Glad to see there's a 'phase 3' or something. I've talked to a few people about such an eyeson empire before. It'd kick arse. Also, the only 'stipulation' of using a vB of mine is that I get to be an admin, but that also means you can feel free to get me to do whatever you might need. :p
If we used your vB you would be an admin? Yay! That makes me defenitly want it.

I registered! Yay for me. Mainly coz i like you guys.
:<3:

Said the URL couldn't be found :(
www.the3rdage.com ?

Welp, I can get you IVB too if you want.
Nah, phpBB or vB are better.