PDA

View Full Version : ARK!!!!! Odin!!!!!

louby_4eva
09-11-2004, 09:56 PM
hi, can anyone tell me where Ark is?? Ive got all the eidolons, well excluding Odin, but I'll get to that in a min. I remeber fighting Ark, in that place, but now its all blocked off by a weird plant root thing and I cant get in, anyway, how do I get Ark?? its confused me for a long while, Ive beat every boss excluding Ozma........but he's just REALLY hard, and I have no idea how to get it. Now, Odin, I got Odin at the auction but dtupidly I gave him Beatrix, believing it would remove when I stopped playing as her..........no such luck........and I've never played as Beatrix since so I cant get the dark matter back, so, is it eva sold at the auction again, because I neva had time to learn it. And yes I know im stupid.

Optium
09-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Dagger can learn Ark from Pumice (not Pumice Piece). To get a Pumice
you can synth one in Hades' Synth Shop in Memoria using 2 Pumice
Pieces and 50,000 gil. You can get one Pumice Piece by defeating Ark,
and another you can mug from...*gulp*...Ozma. I'm not sure if there's
another way, I thought I heard of one recently, but I can't remember. For
your sake I hope there is, I have yet to fight Ozma but from what I've
heard he's pretty rough.

.opt

Takara
09-12-2004, 04:45 AM
You can also get a pumice piece from one of the Chocobo Paradise's treasures, if I recall well.

As for the Dark Matter, I think there is only one in game, so it looks like you are out of luck for this playthrough. :(

Optium
09-12-2004, 06:05 AM
Oh I think you can mug Dark Matter from Ozma as well. :\

.opt

Takara
09-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Well, by cheese, you're right! :o I just checked my game save and went poking Ozma with sharpies to test it out, and I managed to steal a pumice piece and a dark matter from him.

And since I didn't prepare my party adequately, he whomped my ass, but that's another story. :laughing:

Mo-Nercy
09-13-2004, 01:01 PM
I believe that Ozma is vulnerable to Thievery. Unlike other superbosses, he doesn't really have that much HP. Instead he just has a tonne of defense, but like I said, I think Thievery does get through.

Of course you would have needed to steal a crapload of stuff for it to have any major effect. xD

BottledJustice
09-17-2004, 08:18 AM
I was also thinking that you could get a pumice piece from a Non-boss location. Ah well...

I seem to recall getting Dark Matter at the Auction House in Treno. Maybe I'm just really freakin' tired. (currently 3:20 AM here)

What I didn't realize is that you can get a moonstone from the mountain path on the outer continent. I was expecting to get an elixir or something from that statue, and he gave me a moonstone. There are only about 4 in the game, and the one for the fight is almost imposssible to get.

black orb
09-30-2004, 03:46 AM
>>> The easiest way to get Ark is fighting Ozma, just beat Ozma and you`ll get a brand new pumice.

Ouch!
10-05-2004, 04:56 PM
You can get another pumice piece or two from the chocobo side-quest. I know there are three in the game.

CloudZidaneFusion
11-02-2004, 03:22 PM
How hard can ozma be? just train to level 60 or so and go in, with the bandit ability on Zidane so stealing is easier, Then, After getting the Pumice Piece, Kick his ass! He isnt that strong. Also, What the hell are you thinking, equiping a non-main character with a item? Expecially one that there is only 2 or so of in the entire game? Just be more carefull with your items next time.