PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming

StarlightAngel
09-12-2004, 01:57 AM
Are there any cool/favorite/scary dreams that you remember? one of my favorites was that I was in school, when I saw a friend from elswhere. I then put two and two together and figured it to be a dream. To test it, I thought of flying and I floated off the ground. I spent the rest of that dream flying around everywhere. It was fun. :D

Logan
09-12-2004, 02:03 AM
Out of my more recent dreams, I think my favorite would be the one where I had this baby, and it fell in my pants and when I took it out it had turned into a turkey sandwich, and I kept looking in the sandwich for the baby's head, but it was just lettuce and turkey. So then I threw it away.

Lon611
09-12-2004, 02:08 AM
i don't dream very much. if i do, its rare, and only lasts about a couple seconds. everything happens really fast and in a blur. also, my mind, for some reason, replays the cool/scary/emotionally parts at the end over and over till i wake up, while i try 2 decipher my dream "in dream". maybe my mind's broken. :p

StarlightAngel
09-12-2004, 02:15 AM
One time I remember blinking while in bed and when I opened my eyes it was morning. It was about 9:00 to 10:00 PM when I closed my eyes and 6:00 AM when I opened my eyes.

Lon611
09-12-2004, 02:19 AM
that happend 2 me once. i turned my head to see my clock, it was 10:30. i looked back literally a second later, it's 2:45!then i started to hallucinate and i saw the stars moving freakishly fast, and then the meaning of life presented itself and everything made sense. but once the stars stopped moving, i lost it. DAMNIT!!!

SomethingBig
09-12-2004, 02:35 AM
i don't dream very much. if i do, its rare, and only lasts about a couple seconds.
You dream every time you go to sleep. It's just that you can only remember very few, like most people.

I remember having a dream about doing something great, then a girl fell in love with me and right when that love was about to climax, my father woke me up. :mad2:

Giga Guess
09-12-2004, 03:07 AM
When I remember my dreams, they are :love::love::love::love:ed up! Not like psycho, bleeding walls type stuff...just, wierd. Like dreams within dreams within dreams....I've had a 5 in one once, or something like that...SERIOUSLY!

kikimm
09-12-2004, 03:13 AM
Strange. *cough*. :p

Whenever I dream, it's ALWAYS something I thought about, or I saw earlier that day, but really messed up. Like, I was watching the episode of Friends where all the girls dress up in wedding dresses because they're lonely; then in my dream, there were commercials with wedding dresses, wedding dresses everywhere...heh.

After I saw Lord of the Rings, I dreamed Legolas, Aragorn, and Frodo were all running the two-mile at my school with me. *shrug* What can is say?

:D

Lon611
09-12-2004, 03:38 AM
You dream every time you go to sleep. It's just that you can only remember very few, like most people.

hmm. interesting. but to me, it's just a theory. you only dream when you're half-awake, ie daydreaming. i think daydreaming is often confused with having an imagination, but the two are different to me. thus, after i wake up from a dream, my mind is usually concious because it never really went into a deep sleep. think of your mind as a cpu, and your screen saver is a dream.

Polyonymous
09-12-2004, 03:51 AM
i like your theory Lon611, though i believe you have dreams whenver you sleep but you can only remember the ones that you have when you are half awake and half asleep... or more asleep than awake but still concious. i remember i had a really cool dream a couple days ago but i dont remember it.

Lon611
09-12-2004, 04:13 AM
i remember the scariest dream i ever had;i had it when i was like 7. i was being chased across a wooden bridge by a half-elephant-half-cat creature.the next dream i had was that the creature actually captured me and put me in a cage with a talking monkey. *sighs* the good ol dayz...

nik0tine
09-12-2004, 08:35 AM
My dreams are like a zany acid trip.

Trumpet Thief
09-12-2004, 04:17 PM
chaos: I always get scary dreams, that's why I despise going to sleep. It's rare for me to have a good dream. Let's see, I remember quite a lot of them...

Rubedo: One was where I went to sleep in my bedroom, and in my dream, go over to the curtains in my room, then suddenly, a see a figure. I try running, and turning on the lights, but the lights aren't working. The door is gone too. Racking up all my courage, I proceed to the window again. The beast comes and kills me. The next one is where I dream that I am asleep thinking about the world being attacked, in danger etc. and I look out the window and it happens. Then I feel myself getting possesed, and in my dream, I start laughing maniacally until I wake up.

Trowa: More of them definetly. It seems like a normal school day in my dream, but then, I end up in this room suddenly. Once again, the lights won't turn on. Things suddenly pop up from everywhere, and I keep living my death over and over. Another one is where I was outside at night, and everything didn't feel like a dream, but like real life. I hear voices speaking really loud, and in this scary language, and they won't stop. I try playing a song in my head, and turning it up loud, but the song gets affected, and turns into a bunch of scary things. Then everyone that I know walks around me, looking more like zombies than real people. They keep chanting, and I don't know what they mean. They form a circle around me, then, one of them is holding my head. I woke up right at that event.

chaos: I hate scary dreams of mine, they come way too excessively. I still have more to tell though. Toronto is being attacked, and some guy on the news seems to be crying, saying stuff about the apocalypse and how everyone is going to die. Smoke comes into the house, and we close the windows. Me and my family hide in a single room. The last thing I remember is seeing all of my family destroyed in front of me, and then I wake up. The one I just told was the one that felt the scariest out of them all...

Giga Guess
09-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Heh. Last night I dreamt I was naked, save for my blanket, and I went around town (Which one, I don't remember...) washing windows. Thing is, no one noticed I was naked, except myself. It wasn't scary, or anything, just....wierd.

Denmark
09-12-2004, 09:23 PM
Out of my more recent dreams, I think my favorite would be the one where I had this baby, and it fell in my pants and when I took it out it had turned into a turkey sandwich, and I kept looking in the sandwich for the baby's head, but it was just lettuce and turkey. So then I threw it away.

you didn't eat it? :O!

I don't usually have dreams that I can remember. :\ I do have these weird hallucination type things. Those are nights that I don't sleep very well. I keep seeing people and stuff.

Jebus
09-12-2004, 09:30 PM
I had a dream once when I was 7 or 8. I was in this walking mech thing, like from the mechwarrior game, and everything around me was completely destroyed. Buildings leveled, the ground was burnt, and the sky was like it was in the Matrix after the war, I believe the term scorched was used. Then I walked around in the mech for awhile, when I realized I was the only person there.

That dream still freaks me out. It leans heavily to the idea that I did it. It really makes me glad that I don't believe in prophecy.

Armisael
09-12-2004, 09:42 PM
One of my favorites dreams was when i saw my school ruined from a fire and another when i got together with a guy which i really had a bad crush on him. :D Worst dream i had was when i was in prison..don't remember why though.

StarlightAngel
09-12-2004, 10:16 PM
One time when I was about... 4 or 5, My mom tucked me in as usual, and I fell asleep, and dreamt that my mom tucked me in and I fell asleep and dreamt that my mom tucked me in and I fell asleep and dreamt that my mom tucked me in and I fell asleep and dreamt that my mom tucked me in and I fell asleep and dreamt that my mom tucked me in and I fell asleep and I have no clue where it ended.

Another time I dreamt that I was in this metal room, and there was this guy with a gun and a large knife. He stabbed another guy before shooting him and cut me on the back of my neck. I fell and I couldn't do anything but I could still see him killing others. I found a gun and ended up shooting the guy when I could finally move again. It was scary... :( I killed someone in a dream... :shame: :(

Aurey
09-12-2004, 10:24 PM
I had a dream where Jason from the Friday the thirteenth movies started killing all my friends that aren't really my friends. I woke up after he stabbed me.

I also had a dream during the summer but I can't remeber what it was about. Whatever it was, though, it made me wake up crying.

Lon611
09-12-2004, 10:37 PM
has ne1 actually woken up from a dream screaming like they show in the movies?even when i wake up from a scary dream, im usually just freaked out and try 2 figure out what's going on.

StarlightAngel
09-12-2004, 10:59 PM
I've never woken up screaming... I have woken up sneezing tho. :riiight: When I wake up after having a dream that I remember, I sometimes am so disoriented that I think that I need to fall asleep again to do whatever in my dream.

Giga Guess
09-12-2004, 11:26 PM
I woken up wheezing and gasping before. *shudder* Those dreams where you're suffocating...I *HATE* those.

StarlightAngel
09-12-2004, 11:31 PM
When I wake up with sleep paralisis, My face is stuffed in the pillow and I can't breathe or move. It's scary... :(

Giga Guess
09-12-2004, 11:37 PM
I wish it was that easy. I just seem to....forget to breathe. THAT's scary. Not to say yours is a trifling matter, but...on the other hand, perhaps we ARE one in the same...

Rye
09-12-2004, 11:42 PM
I've had a lot of dreams lately where I'm singing, but I have a voice of a famous singer (usually Christina Aguilera) and everyone is like "Omg you sound so good" and I'm all happy, then I wake up and I'm all dissapointed. :/

StarlightAngel
09-12-2004, 11:46 PM
...sometimes I forget to breathe. Then when I remember or notice, I just start breathing again. It's not really a big deal. I usually notice before I have to start gasping for breath. I don't freak out about it either.