PDA

View Full Version : Anime Music--Especially FFU's ending!

XxSephirothxX
09-12-2004, 03:30 AM
There's some awesome anime music out there...namely the incredible soundtracks that accompany Cowboy Bebop and FLCL. But there's one song I've heard that completely blew me away. It's pure speed, adrenaline, and good feeling...that song is VIVID! It's the ending song for Final Fantasy Unlimited, and it is AWESOME! Anyone who's interesting in listening to this incredible song should try this link: Best Anime Closing song EVER! (http://www.jaccinc.com/anime/audio/ffu/ffu%20-%20Vivid.mp3)

edczxcvbnm
09-12-2004, 08:46 AM
I tried to listen to it but it was just horrible. I couldn't stand it at all.

<a href="http://www.jaccinc.com/anime/audio/dothack%20-%20sign/Hack%20Sign%20-%20OST%20-%2010%20-%20Aura.mp3">HACK//SIGN - AURA</a>

That song isn't as fast paced but its really awesome none the less. Thats not an ending song but just a normal song played during the show.

This is the 1st opening song to Full Metal Alchemist. Its pretty cool and fast paced. The file is a bit big because I could only find a video format for it. <a href="http://www.chalita.net/FMA/FMA-1st-Opening.wmv">FMA - Opening 1</a>

HIK248
09-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Azaer I am afraid I will agree with edcxcvbnm,that song sucks,I stopped before the end in order to preserve my sanity :p

As for me I like too many anime songs to name here but in general I worship Kajiura Yuki (Noir,hack//sign,hack//liminality and now Xenosaga episode 2),but i also love most of Kano Yoko's creations(GITS:SAC,Cowboy bebop,Escaflowne and many others).

My favorite opening song at the time is probably one of Kano Yoko's creations Inner Universe from GITS:SAC,Cruel Angel's Thesis from Evangelion beeing senond in line,I don't know any sites where you can find them but if you try any good p2p you 'll get them easily

Trumpet Thief
09-12-2004, 05:46 PM
chaos: Personally, I enjoyed themusic done by Two-Mix in the opening of Gundam Wing, and some of the other themes done by them. Same goes with Gundam SEED. I never got a chance to watch FF Unlimited though.

Albedo: *laughs maniacally*

Armisael
09-12-2004, 05:57 PM
All the music of Neon Genesis Evangelion rock. :D

Lon611
09-12-2004, 07:05 PM
Azaer I am afraid I will agree with edcxcvbnm,that song sucks,I stopped before the end in order to preserve my sanity :p

it makes me feel like im at a japanese rodeo (not a gr8 thing). or like i wanna fill my ears with tiny balloons, then expand them in my ears. :eek:

sorry Azar. i thot it was gr8 before they started singing, lol.

8bit
09-17-2004, 01:36 PM
Tenchi Muyo's "Addicted To Love", "The Loney Moon" and the theme song to the movie "The Castle Of Cagliostro" sung by Bobby. :)

Heartless
09-17-2004, 01:36 PM

Mo-Nercy
09-17-2004, 02:13 PM
Komm Susser Tod. :D

Heartless
09-17-2004, 02:19 PM
Komm Susser Tod. :D
what does this mean?

Mo-Nercy
09-17-2004, 02:47 PM
That's the theme song of End of Evangelion. It means Come, sweet death. But I don't think anyone calls it that. It's a really nice piece. One of my favourites.

TheAbominatrix
09-17-2004, 04:04 PM
Sailormoon has a lot of great songs, they're all pretty poppy and have a younger audience appeal. My favorites are Sailor Star Song (the theme song for the last season), Rashiku Ikimashou (one of the third season ending songs) and Ai no Senshi (second season battle song). The Sailormoon musicals (also known as Sera Myu) have some awesome stuff, particularily Traditional the Grace and Galaxia Gorgeous.

Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion have some kickin music too. Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (Ronin Warriors) also has an awesome soundtrack. FLCL's just rocks (I love the Pillows), and the theme song for Azumanga Daioh is awesome and very funny. Devil Hunter Yohko has a great opening/ending theme and a lot of awesome image songs.

Anyone ever listen to Animetal or Parapara? Animetal and Animetal Lady does awesome rock remixes of anime themes (mostly older series). My faves are Moonlight Densetsu (Sailormoon) and Dare Da (Gatchaman). Parapara is more of a dance remix deal, they do an awesome cover of Stardust Eyes (Yoroiden Samurai Troopers).

Whew. I guess that listening to anime music for 10 years gives me a lot to talk about.

Heartless
09-17-2004, 05:49 PM
That's the theme song of End of Evangelion. It means Come, sweet death. But I don't think anyone calls it that. It's a really nice piece. One of my favourites.
Oh yeah you're right..cool piece really..

Zifnab
09-17-2004, 09:58 PM
I don't really listen to anime music much. I like to be able to learn the lyrics of a song, so when it's in Japanese I have to make up words in my head. Songs I like are Evangelion's Cruel Angel's Thesis and the Gundam Wing's Just Communication tracks.

The Captain
09-17-2004, 11:05 PM
Cowboy Bebop is tops for me because of its jazz induced feel and almost sort of folkzy, flimsy backbeats that can fill nearly every episode so perfectly without ever overwhelming it.

Take care all.

DMKA
09-18-2004, 01:13 AM
Sailor Moon(original Japanese version) has some awesome music. FLCL and Cowboy Bebop are two of the best anime soundtracks ever, I would have to agree. InuYasha has some awesome background music with a very old time traditional Japanese feel, and the intro and ending songs are awesome as well. My favorite would have to be Grip! by Every Little Thing, which is the 4th intro song. Sango's Theme is my favorite background piece. I also love the intro songs to Sayuki, Super Gals, , Outlaw Star, and Sakura Wars. And the most beautiful ending song ever would have to be Melfina's Song from Outlaw Star(next to Yoko Kanno's Blue anyway...

Yes, I am an otaku...sue me.

StarlightAngel
09-18-2004, 03:47 AM
I like Cruel Angel's Thesis (Evangelion)
Key of the Twilight (.Hack//SIGN)
Hemisphere (RahXephon)
Obsession (.Hack//SIGN)
Yasashi Yeoake (sp?) (.Hack//SIGN)
Aura- evil ver and awakening. (.Hack//SIGN)
The World (.Hack//SIGN)
Fake Wings- normal ver, bitter sweet ver, and make decision ver. (.Hack//SIGN)
and if games count,
Suteki Da Ne (FFX)
Simple and Clean (KH)
Beyond the Bounds (Zone of the Enders2)
Kiss me Sunlights (Zone of the Enders1)
Horteka Stomp- Leon Heart of the Flame (Skies of Arcadia)
Starry Heavens (Tales of Symphonia)
and the Last Battle (Xenosaga)

BTW: I've watched FFU and I HATED that song. No offence to you or anything but...

DMKA
09-18-2004, 04:15 AM
BTW: I've watched FFU and I DIDN'T LIKE that song. No offence to you or anything but...
Yeah its not very nice... :(

nik0tine
09-21-2004, 11:48 PM
What the hell is FFU? I've never heard of that one before...

Baloki
09-22-2004, 01:01 AM
I would listen but I would need 3 floppy discs and to start up the other computer and thats not gonna happen tonight/thismorning

Xander
09-22-2004, 07:37 PM
I like a few anime songs. The ones I like/have are:

- The beginning theme and end theme of Onegai Teacher.

- Denwa Shite Darling, and Kiss Kiss Kiss from Ah My Goddess' Mini Goddess series, I think.

- Ai No Tenshi from Perfect Blue.

Annnd some songs from Tenchi. Oh and I have a few from Inuyasha although I haven't even seen the anime yet.

krissy
09-23-2004, 06:50 AM
macross plus

XxSephirothxX
09-24-2004, 01:17 AM
Come on, you have to at least like the dancing chocobos! (It's the ending theme to Final Fantasy Unlimited) :crying2: Truly, the lyrics aren't great...I didn't even like the song at first, but somehow it grabbed me and I'm addicted! But honestly it doesn't hold a candle to Bebop or FLCL. Blue, Want It All Back, Little Busters, and Crazy Sunshine are....well, AWESOME!

krissy
09-25-2004, 02:16 AM
samurai champloo

Ancient Goddess
09-25-2004, 02:28 AM
My favorite anime soundtrack would have to be Hellsing's soundtrack. It's a bit dark and a little bit strange, but it's an aquired taste...I got both OSTs for one song and I still have yet to find it.

macross plus

samurai champloo

Yep, those are awesome soundtracks too.

Trumpet Thief
09-25-2004, 02:40 AM
chaos: Oh come now! Two-Mix tops them all!

Rubedo: I want to see FFU though...

StarlightAngel
09-26-2004, 05:15 PM
I've seen it. The main characters are kids named Ai and Yu. (Say that outloud and it sounds wierd) The two are looking for their parents in wonderland and they can't fight at all. there is only really one character that fights, and his style of fighting gets really boring after a while. But that's my opinion after watching the first DVD. I have to admit that the dancing chocobos were amusing for the first five seconds or so.

Ancient Goddess
09-26-2004, 10:56 PM
there is only really one character that fights, and his style of fighting gets really boring after a while.

Yeah, I stopped watching it after the 4 episode, but Kaze didn't really cut it for me. I mean I heard that he used his dead wife to make the bullets for his gun., and the way he went off announcing his attack.....I couldn't understand why his opponents would just stand there through the half-an-hour it took for him to load his gun.

I think what ultimately did it for me was the fact that the kept sounds from the FF games series in it. The victory theme and the chocobo theme? Okay...we get the fact that this is a Final Fantasy project.

black orb
09-27-2004, 02:36 AM
>>> I always liked Heart of Sword (http://www.ffenv.com/random/Heartofsword.mp3) from Rurouni kenshin..