PDA

View Full Version : fav/worst ANIME

aeris2001x2
09-13-2004, 04:58 AM
cant remember if i did a topic like this a while back, but yeah, what r your favs/worst Animes? (to counter act the non Anime based topic of Animated films recently posted). post as many or little as u want.

14- macross- do you remember love?
13- princess monokoke
12- Urotsukidoji 1+2
11- X -the movie
10-Patlabour 2
9- Akira
8- Ghost in the Shell
7- Ghost in the shell: Stand Alone Complex
6- Perfect Blue
5- Samarui X(Kenshin) Trust/Betrayal
4- Macross Plus (Movie version only)
3- Gunbuster (check out my sig)
2- Cowboy Bebop
1- Neon Genesis Evangelion(check out my avatar)

worst (all below rank as utter crap)
23- Bubblegum crisis: tokoyo 2040
22- Macross II
21- Riding beam
20-megazone 23
19- appleseed (great manga, crap anime)
18- dirty pair flash
17- violence jack
16- Streetfighter Alpha
15- Big O
14- Vampire Wars
13- Doomed Megalopolis
12- Takegami
11- Dragonball GT
10- Digimon(after first children)
9- Pokemon(after richie part)
8- Tokoyo Revelation
7- Beyblade
6- Makuyu Senju
5- Herioc Legend of Arislan
4- Adventure Kid
3- Shuten Doji
2- Odin
1- New Gall Force

Erdrick Holmes
09-13-2004, 06:42 AM
I don't realy watch mu chanime but I can name of as much as I can.

Best:
Street Fighter II Victory
Street Fighter II
Street Fighter Alpha
Fatal Fury: the Motion Picture
.hack
Cowboy Bebop
Inuyasha
Sailor moon (Yes I'm a male Sailor Moon fan, wanna fight about it?)
Gundam Wing
Vampire Hunter D
Worst

Dragonball series
Pokemon
Digimon
Dual Master
Hell any anime you can see on Cartoon network before 10 o clock
Z Gundam

That's all I can think of.

Polaris
09-13-2004, 01:14 PM
best:

sailor moon
kenchin
Lost Universe
Chin-Chann (if this is anime)
Yugi-oh
Ghost in the shell
Shaman King
Pokemon
I love you (Think is the way that this cartoon is call)
Azuki

The Worst:

Pokemon (the latest)
Digimon (the lastest)
Dragon Ball

d20{fx}
09-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Best:
Inuyasha
Flame of Recca
GTO(or is this a manga?)
Gundam(too lazy to specify)
Naruto
Saint Seiya

Worst:
Bubblegum Crisis
Chobits(just wrong in my mind)
Angel Sanctuary(Again wrong)
Gundam(again too lazy)

:mog: :mog: :mog:

DMKA
09-13-2004, 03:47 PM
Hell yeah! Same here. :D

Best:
10. Gravitation
9. Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040
8. Street Fighter II: The Movie
7. Adolescence of Utena
6. Cowboy Bebop
5. Sailor Moon(All Series)
4. InuYasha
3. Akira
2. Serial Experiments Lain
1. Excel Saga

Worst:
10. Gundam Wing
9. Gundam Seed
8. Mobile Suit Gundamn
7. Gundam: 8th MS Team
6. Kikader
5. Cyborg 009
4. Beyblade
3. Big O
2. Shaman King
1. Monster Rancher

Agent Proto
09-13-2004, 04:38 PM
I haven't seen many anime, but I'll make a list of what I enjoyed.

Best
Azumanga Daioh
Comic Party
Excel Saga
Trigun
Love Hina
Tenchi Muyo
Armitage III

Worst
DragonBall Z/GT
Gundam SD
Yu-Gi-Oh
Sailor Moon (dubbed)
Digimon
Wild ARMs TV (if you liked the games, you may want to check it out, but it's really disappointing)

um... yeah, I think that's about it.

Imperia
09-13-2004, 05:03 PM
Best:

10.) Dragon Ball Series
9.) Noir
8.) Rurouni Kenshin
7.) Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
6.) Wolf's Rain
5.) Inu-Yasha
4.) Outlaw Star
3.) Cowboy Bebop
2.) Tenchi Muyo!
1.) Sailor Moon :)

Worst:

I don't have a top ten on that, but I would say G Gundam (man, that show was WAY too hyper!).

aeris2001x2
09-13-2004, 05:22 PM

i would be too, except the dub is terrible. good show though, Venus is Hott
:love: .

i,ve updated my list. i hope to compile an ultimate anime list at sum point, ranking every anime i seen (which is quite alot, though being UK and broke many animes u would expect me 2 have seen i have not yet).

Armisael
09-13-2004, 05:36 PM
BEST

Neon Genesis Evangelion-my favorite-
SamuraiX
Cardcaptor Sakura
Scryed
Sailor Moon
Trigun
Fruits Basket

WORST

Dragonball GT
Digimon
Pokemon

edczxcvbnm
09-13-2004, 05:52 PM
This is in no specific order.

Best
.HACK//SIGN
Full Metal Alchemist
Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal
Dragonball
Kiki's Delivery Service
Saiyuki

Worst
Last Exile
Dragonball GT
Gundam 0079
Gundam Z
Escaflowne
Chrno Crusade
Metropolis
Ninja Scroll
Full Metal Panic!
Akira
Vampire Hunter D
Sailor Moon

aeris2001x2
09-13-2004, 05:57 PM
remember worst would mean UTER CRAP. are all those in your worst utter crap edczxcvbnm?

edczxcvbnm
09-13-2004, 06:09 PM
Okay. Then I reluctantly remove Chrno Crusade and DBZ. Everything else stays.

HIK248
09-13-2004, 08:45 PM
The Best
10 Hellsing
9 Excel Saga
8 Cowboy Bebop
7 Love Hina
6 .hack//sign
5 Full Metal Panic+FMP?Fumoffu
4 Berserk
3 GITS:Stand Alone Complex
2 FLCL
1 Neon Genesis Evangelion

Worst

Star Ocean EX
Ayashi no Ceres
DBZ
.hack//dusk(legend of the twilight bracelet)
Digimon
Pokemon

XxSephirothxX
09-13-2004, 09:05 PM
Best

Cowboy Bebop (The Master)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Princess Mononoke
Gundam (0079 movies especially, cause the english dub sucks)
Excel Saga
Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X (Some of it)
Trigun
FLCL

Worst :crying: (Make your eyes bleed)
Samurai Showdown
Sin
Vampire Hunter D
Crying Freeman
Steel Angel Kurumi
(Bad, unless you're a tike: Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z/Gt, Pokemon, Digimon, Beyblade[is this even considered anime], and every other show from FoxKids.)

louby_4eva
09-13-2004, 09:22 PM
my fave anime is probably............dunno, there are a few, cardcaptors, sailor moon and fushigi yugi, oh and maybe the first series of pokemon, although unfortunately, living in england, we got the sailor moon tht......well........sucked, it was more 4 10 yr olds, same with cardcaptors but rocked nonetheless. My least fave anime is Yu-Gi-Oh, I used to like it but not so much anymore.

Trumpet Thief
09-14-2004, 12:19 AM
chaos: Favorite:

GUNDAM WING
GUNDAM SEED
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM
Azumanga Daioh

Rubedo: WORST:

Sailor Moon

Trowa: We can't remember too many...

Optium
09-14-2004, 12:56 AM
edczxcvbnm, you're ****ed up dude :p

Best:
1. Bebop
2. Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
3. Trigun
4. Excel Saga
5. Rurouni Kenshin (friend of mine has the 12 disc set...it's nuts)
6. Princess Mononoke
7. Evangelion (though I couldn't watch the last 2 eps, luckily I had the
movie and I could finish it off. I did fast foreward and see the end of
the last ep though..."Congratulations!" I nearly died laughing)
8. Ranma 1/2
9. Inuyasha
10. Ninja Scroll - my first anime

I haven't watched enough of any bad anime to dislike any really. :\

.opt

aeris2001x2
09-14-2004, 02:41 AM
wow there are ALOT of Excel Saga lovers. to me its boarderline crap, what am i missing?

and oh, i,m UK, so tell me, Trigun is not as good as Bebop right? some friends say it destroys Bebop, yet i seen a few episodes and it was great, but hardly Bebop.

i remember a time when ALL anime was golden. but as u mature u see how terrible it can be, espiclary if u have been in the business as long as i have (then again, i,ve been a fan only about 6 years).

Agent Proto
09-14-2004, 02:49 AM
Excel Saga is a parady. It mocks a bunch of other anime, and each episode has a theme of sorts, all except for the first one. Though, it is weird and hard to understand if you don't understand the many references to older anime and japanese customs. If you have the DVDs, you can choose an option to help you understand the many references in Excel Saga.

Erdrick Holmes
09-14-2004, 02:51 AM
oohohohohoh, FLCL.

aeris2001x2
09-14-2004, 03:00 AM
Excel Saga is a parady. It mocks a bunch of other anime, and each episode has a theme of sorts, all except for the first one. Though, it is weird and hard to understand if you don't understand the many references to older anime and japanese customs. If you have the DVDs, you can choose an option to help you understand the many references in Excel Saga.

Yeah i get a few references even in the terrible dub. however i have seen other parodys that have been much better in my opinion.

i think my biggest gripe was the story seemed to stand still awhile. it really began to bore me. highlights though were the dating game, the Dog episode and the recap episode.

i was Shocked to learn that Bebop director Watanabe is behind Excel Saga. i always wondered why that guy(who ii later learned is Watanabe's alter ego) looked like Spike.

Agent Proto
09-14-2004, 03:04 AM
Have you decided to stop watching Excel Saga? You should continue watching it, it gets tad better later on.

aeris2001x2
09-14-2004, 03:12 AM
yeah i have i guess. i think the last ep i watched was 15. Excel VA changed and is more annoying. of course thats ADV FILMS fault, but nothing annoys me more then chsnging VA's.

Municipal Forces Daitenjan, ep 18, is on 2night. any good?

Agent Proto
09-14-2004, 03:29 AM
That one mocks the Power Rangers. Should be good. The next one doesn't feature Excel very much, so you should watch that too.

edczxcvbnm
09-14-2004, 03:32 AM
Bad pun time!

Excel Saga Episode 4: System Failure
Summary: One day while working on some spread sheets Ralph has encountered a system error and had not saved his work for the day. Can he find a way out without having to redo all his hard work?

Lon611
09-14-2004, 04:05 AM
well, im not really an anime fan,let alone kno the difference between anime/japanimatin/al those other "names" but i loved pokemon (the first season), digimon (the first two seasons), dragonball Z (all the sagas), and gundam wing endless waltz :D

aeris2001x2
09-14-2004, 05:56 AM
wow, an episode of Excel Saga i liked! the listing must have been inaccurate though. it was the Anime/American Animation piss take! a class parody i must say. if only the whole seris had been as good as this episode.

Optium
09-14-2004, 11:44 AM
I watched Trigun before I watched Bebop and when I watched Bebop I
only saw half of the episodes (never saw any of the Vicious episodes) and
I thought Trigun was better. Then I saw the entire series.

The moral here is, watch the entire series before you make a judgement,
I still like Bebop better, but Trigun is DAMN close.

.opt

SomethingBig
09-14-2004, 08:56 PM
I watched Trigun before I watched Bebop and when I watched Bebop I
only saw half of the episodes (never saw any of the Vicious episodes) and
I thought Trigun was better. Then I saw the entire series.

The moral here is, watch the entire series before you make a judgement,
I still like Bebop better, but Trigun is DAMN close.

.opt
Yeah, the Real Folk Blues episodes(the last two) totally change your viewpoint on CB.

Favorite: I'm stuck between Cowboy Bebop and Kikaider.
Worst: I was going to say DBZ, but I just remembered how godawful Witch Hunter Robin was.

The Gunblader
09-14-2004, 10:08 PM
Best:
Inu-yasha
Samurai X (both Betrayel and Reflection, also Rurouni Kenshin)
Trigun
The whole Gundam sereies
Record of Lodoss War
.Hack
Escaflowne
Cowboy Bebop
Evangelion
Hellsing
Princess Mononoke
worst:
Pokemon

Heartless
09-15-2004, 02:26 PM
BEST

Neon Genesis Evangelion-my favorite-
SamuraiX
Cardcaptor Sakura
Scryed
Sailor Moon
Trigun
Fruits Basket

WORST

Dragonball GT
Digimon
Pokemon
Same..

aeris2001x2
09-15-2004, 02:33 PM
hmm, the Excel Saga power ranger piss take was pretty decent. and the Pegdro saga is reaching a nail biting conclusion.

i definily enjoy the seris more when the 3 geeks are in it :cool:

still hardly going to reach classic status. i,m currently re-watching old Animes i have and ranking them accordingly.

Female Ryuichi
09-18-2004, 01:55 PM
Best:
Cowboy Bebop
Gravitation (Tho too damn short! ;_; )
Card Captor Sakura
.Hack//SIGN
Fruit baskets
Prince Of Tennis

Worst:
Fushigi Yuugi
Most anime for little ones
3rd arc of Rurouni Kenshin

Ancient Goddess
09-18-2004, 03:37 PM
My List:

Favorites:

--Naruto (why else would my avatar be of Itachi?)
--Chrno Crusade
--Full Metal Alchemist
--Gungrave
--Scryed
--Cowboy Bebop
--Scrapped Princess
--Hellsing
--Fruit Baskets
--Rurouni Kenshin
--Wolf's Rain (Japanese version...the English one doesn't cut it for me)
--Escaflowne
--Trigun
--Inuyasha (although it's plummeting on my list now)
--Fatal Fury (the movie...the series sucks)
--Kanon

Things classified as anime, but should be catagorized as bad Saturday cartoons:

--Pokemon
--Yugi-oh!
--Some anime I can't believe I wasted a morning watching with some kid fighting with spirits....I think it was called Shaman King or something.

Peegee
09-19-2004, 12:39 AM
Pokemon/Digimon did suffer plot-wise after richie/first season, imo.

But my fav anime will always be DBZ. As for worse, I don't think such things exist, because I never actually watch it to the end hah. Probably some early space anime with crap art? *shrug*

Baloki
09-19-2004, 12:58 AM
I answered this but IE blew up, so here goes again :D

2 of my favs, an anime and anime film, seem not to have been mentioned and I consider them classics, theres the comedy antics of Martian Successor Nadesico and the horrific psychological thriller known as Perfect Blue, if you get a chance do watch them, although with Nadesico you may find the movie of the series a bit disappointing as they do a great build up but forget to do a middle and skip to the end :(

With the Evangelion, I've never seen the whole series (missed out the first 8 episodes when they showed it on Sci-Fi) however I've ordered the whole set on DVD so that'll be good.

Worst anime? Probably DBZ, I'm walming to it a bit, but its not all that funny and there seems to be no real story just people throwing balls of energy at each other, oh well...

Edit: Oh and Nadesico is a series and then also a movie based on it called the Prince of Darkness :D

Optium
09-19-2004, 01:02 AM
If you're getting Eva, be sure to get the movie with it. The movie is the
way the last 2 episodes were supposed to be done. They ran out of
money and had to make them, and they're terrible. The movie is awesome
though.

.opt

aeris2001x2
09-19-2004, 01:08 AM
If you're getting Eva, be sure to get the movie with it. The movie is the
way the last 2 episodes were supposed to be done. They ran out of
money and had to make them, and they're terrible. The movie is awesome
though.

.opt

actually the last 2 episodes were intended that way. and they are not crap...they are the philosophical conclusion to the seris.

the last 2 episodes imho occur at the same time as the movie EOE. however EOE is the physical reality, while the last 2 episodes occur on a spirtual level, possibly within the minds of Shinji and Asuka etc. this IS the human instrmentality project. however the main difference is the last 2 eps have a good ending, where EOE everyone dies and Shinji is tricked by the 17th Angel (who is an avatar of God) into restarting the world instead of doing the best thing and destroying it. thats my interpretation anyway. they are both fabulous ends.

Armisael
09-19-2004, 01:20 AM
Series ending is alternate universe which Shinji has created in his mind..however it isn't clear in the episodes ending if he accepts the Instrumentality or not...in the movie he doesn't accept it,he accepts the real worls where the one hurts and love another..he decided to stay in the real world..now is question how Asuka survives,maybe she had the will as Yui said...and about the last line on the movie "kimochu warui"...no comment
And the two endings has their own meaning and greatness..Anno knew what he did very well...

aeris2001x2
09-19-2004, 01:29 AM
however i,d argue he went 4 a depressing end with EOE. the last 2 eps were too happy, and Gunbuster was a joyous end. the last 2 eps of eva were the same conclusion as EOE- accepting the real world where one hurts and love another)as beatrix put it..he decided to stay in the real world. however in the ep this is shown as a good thing via the *congratulations*. in the film his breakdown and crying, followed by Asuka's *pathetic* show it as his weakness, giving into the pressure of God, despite his power to end reality. in the end, he still failed. his weakness is all consuming.

the beauty of EVA is its multiple interpretations. i,m a pessimist, so go firgue :rolleyes2 .

Armisael
09-19-2004, 01:38 AM
You know aeris2001x2 you seem to have a good view on Eva,i want to ask you why do you believe Shinji struggles Asuka in the end?

aeris2001x2
09-19-2004, 01:55 AM
i,m not sure exactly,she is the new Eve, the symbol of new birth. but he beliefs he made the wrong choice so trys to kill her. without her they could not start the human race once more. however he can not bare himself to do it, he fails again. whether this is through compassion when Asuka touches him as if to say stop i,m not sure. but Asuka still scolds him.

thats not the common interpretation, many Eva fanssee it as him hanging on to his obsessive weakness to be alone, but stopping and embracing the real world. others see it as him attempting revenage 4 the suffering the sexual tention caused, but then realising his feelings 4 her and crying of happiness. more still see it as him trying 2 get revenage 4 her not helping him during his nervous breakdown in the start of EOFF, but realising it was his own fault and he has to stand on his own feet. maybe its all at once? ]

LOL, Evangelion is just so glorious :greenking

Starcrest
09-19-2004, 09:10 PM
tis true, it is glorious lol

well my fav'd b Trigun

worst EVER-digimon

aeris2001x2
09-21-2004, 06:31 PM
the ilustrious Trigun...still not avaliable in the UK :cry:. I want Vash the Stampede!

Armisael
09-21-2004, 07:14 PM
Trigun is great too but not like Eva...i'm still wondering how Anno created this to be so perfect....

aeris2001x2
09-21-2004, 07:23 PM
largely to evangelion's prototype...Gunbuster! oh he had also gone through a very depressing time in his life. he channeled all his energy(both positive and negative) into eva. thus, the masterpiece was born :angel: .

Optium
09-21-2004, 09:30 PM
Ah, thanks for the explanation. I didn't really see the last 2 eps. I watched
half of the 2nd to last one and I wanted to finish it if only for bragging
rights but I could not stand another minute of it. :[

.opt

HIK248
09-22-2004, 12:19 PM
Trigun is great too but not like Eva...i'm still wondering how Anno created this to be so perfect....

With more crack than would kill an elephant i guess :D :D :D :D

BTW have you noticed that in Death the quartetis supposed to happen 18 months after Kaworu's death wich would mean,if we believe that the end in EOE is considered canon by the movies,that not only Shinji and Asuka returned to physcal form but Touji and many others,even Rei.I guess Anno-san and Gainax made a liitle mistake there,or not :mog:

Armisael
09-23-2004, 12:43 PM
Unfortunately i have not seen Death and Rebirth... :shame: but isn't just a resume of all the series episodes?

HIK248
09-23-2004, 07:44 PM
Death is the synopsis of episodes 1-24,Rebirth has the first 25 minutes of Air(episode 25 in EOE).Hers os a link for a full episode guide,including the movies.
http://www.lwhy.clara.net/nge/
You see the synopsis is portrayed in Death while we see Shinji,Asuka Rei and Touji practice for a quartet in a highschool in Tokyo 2.First shinji appears for practice as the synopsis says,right after you see him kill Kaworu,while it says 18 monhts later in practice room in xxxx highscholl in Tokyo 2 and statrs playing Bach.

Armisael
09-24-2004, 11:03 PM
Yeah that's what i was thinking..thanks HIK248..

Starcrest
09-25-2004, 12:35 AM
though i've only seen like half an episode, i'd agree with you HIK248, and that is ALOT, ALOT, of crack. lmao :D alot of things that appear seem to b like that now adays