PDA

View Full Version : GC Lacking?

Thunday Man
09-13-2004, 06:01 AM
Hrmmm, is it just me or does GC seem lacking recently? I know EoFF gets alot of hits a day because i see 30-40 people on all the time at any given part of the day, so we should be a pretty active place. GC is usually the most active part of the forums too. Kinda disapointing that there isnt much activity here. I mean with the numbers this place gets we should have alot of new threads a day (10-20 I'd say) and some days we get 1-5 new threads. Half the threads too are Nooby welcome threads also. Those can get boring fast, even though I like when new people join.

We need some fresh meat! I urge you all to get some crazy juices flowing and spark this place up! Make some new threads, and spice up GC. It will be a funner environment and we will all enjoy alot more.

Good things will happen if we do.

Such as...

http://img88.exs.cx/img88/1151/piratecat.gif

PIRATE CATS!

Zell's Fists of Fury
09-13-2004, 06:32 AM
Okay.

escobert
09-13-2004, 06:42 AM
yeahya

Dr Unne
09-13-2004, 04:36 PM
I don't really read this forum any longer, except every once in a while to make sure it isn't total anarchy. Nothing good has come from this forum in many long months. e.g. the two posts before mine.

krissy
09-13-2004, 04:48 PM
let's not get crazy here
don't want a fist fight ok

i picked no

GrimmReaper
09-13-2004, 05:02 PM
it lacks me. i just kinda lurk around at random times. yes.

Psychotic
09-13-2004, 06:21 PM
I don't like cats. Can they be robot lesbian lumberjack pirates instead?

gokufusionss1
09-13-2004, 06:46 PM
yes, people are becoming tremendiously boring

wakka wakka

Cz
09-13-2004, 08:08 PM
Leaflet.

In answer to the question, I agree, but then the internet always gets dull after extended periods of use. Take a fortnight's break, then it'll be fresh and new.

ZeZipster
09-13-2004, 08:11 PM
I don't like cats.

:cry:

Psychotic
09-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Except for ones on Prozac. And asprin. :catsmile:

That reminds me. This stoner I used to sit next to back in the good or bad ol' days of school once told me all about how he and a friend got a kitten stoned, and then dropped it in a pond accidentally(They got it out afterwards). I was like "...O...K"

Anyway, back to the topic at hand :erm:

Denmark
09-13-2004, 09:01 PM
I don't like cats. Can they be robot lesbian lumberjack pirates instead?

YES

and as to the topic at hand, you know it's because of threads like this that GC r teh sux.

SeeDRankLou
09-13-2004, 09:48 PM
LOL.....oh I need to not work so much. The title of this thread, "GC Lacking" made me think of DNA, made up of dATP, dTTP, dGTP, and dCTP, and for a second I thought you were talking about DNA having mostly dATP and dTTP. Only for a second.

Anyway, I think General Chat comes and goes depending on th weather. Seriously though, the seasons are changing, the sun is staying out less and less, people are retaining less and less Vitamin D from the sunlight, and people or seemingly a bit more bland than normal. When people get adjusted to this, people will become more interesting again and the world will be a better place. I will do my best to counterbalance this, and every TAKE YOUR VITAMINS AND LIVE A LITTLE.

Ichy
09-13-2004, 11:32 PM
MEEEEOOWWAAAARRRGGGHHH!

Kami
09-13-2004, 11:43 PM
Aaaaaaand your point? Look does it really matter if the forums is boring or not?

kikimm
09-13-2004, 11:52 PM
In answer to the question, I agree, but then the internet always gets dull after extended periods of use. Take a fortnight's break, then it'll be fresh and new.

See, I TRY to do this, but it never works out. My "real" life gets boring way too fast, way too often, so i end up here. :shame: No matter how hard I try, I can't leave for very long. Sucks for you....

:D

Giga Guess
09-14-2004, 12:06 AM
Thing is? Our spam patol, bless them, is doing their jobs a little too diligently. We need more "no real point, just have fun" topics.

kikimm
09-14-2004, 01:46 AM
Thing is? Our spam patol, bless them, is doing their jobs a little too diligently. We need more "no real point, just have fun" topics.

I second that.

:D

Del Murder
09-14-2004, 01:56 AM
GC used to be my favorite board but it has lost its spot. Trends change, that's all, and I'm just not too fond of the current ones. Too much goofiness can be bad, especially without a good amount of innovation.

Shoeberto
09-14-2004, 02:41 AM
Internet!

Trumpet Thief
09-14-2004, 02:44 AM
chaos: Yeah. I don't find the threads as fun, other things that people have said etc.

Rubedo: Then again, GC isn't the only section in which that has been happening...

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally*

Trowa: *Sits and stares and sits and stares and sits and stares*

Thunday Man
09-14-2004, 04:40 AM
YES

and as to the topic at hand, you know it's because of threads like this that GC r teh sux.

Yes, because i checked the last 240 threads posted and you didnt make any of them. Your helping alot.

chionos
09-14-2004, 04:44 AM
this always happens peeps. soon there will be a change/upheaval. many will fall, never to rise again.

-N-
09-14-2004, 07:03 AM
GC is always lacking. Duh.

Meat Puppet
09-15-2004, 03:30 AM
No.

Loony BoB
09-15-2004, 01:30 PM
I'm sort of in the middle right now... I can't pick either without arguing against my decision. It's mainly because there are so many people posting crap or overly-simple-yet-extremely-unwitty posts and, as mentioned earlier, a lack of innovation. Or even tradition, actually - it's been a long time since we did some of those traditional things that oldbies complain about happening too often or sucking or something.

I also think it's due to me not being around that much lately which isn't my fault, it's the fault of my job which is keeping me way too busy at the moment. I look forward to mass-posting at EoFF again. Soon!

The only way to be successful is to have new things introduced, traditions kept and changes made all while being steady, stable and continuous enough to not lose the actual body. You need to think of EoFF as a human, because in it's own way, it has a personality, it has a style, it has an image, it has it's internals... you could say we are the blood and the microorganisms that keep it alive and we need to make sure we do just that. *nods* We are all the personality and the blood of the place, the forum staff are the antibodies (or whatever), the site staff are the people who dress the place up and give it an image, the coding behind both site and forums make up the internals... you know, I have no real idea in my mind where I'm going with this, but it's pretty cool, I tell ya.

Rusty
09-15-2004, 04:11 PM
Did you just think of all that then? I never though about the internet with microorganisims....:)

But yes I do agree, the GC is lacking.