PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X NSGIENC challenge. (This whole thread may contain spoilers)

Necronopticous
09-13-2004, 05:26 PM
HALT!!

Thar' be an update

The NSGIENC challenege is impossible to finish.
NSGIENC: (N)o (S)phere (G)rid, (I)nitial (E)quipment, (N)o (C)ustomization.

Well, yesterday I started my NSGIE challenge, that's No Sphere Grid / Initial Equipment for those who don't know. So far I've been having alot of fun, I'm at the Shoopuff part and I decided to spend a couple hours at the end of the night to grab Wakka's attack reels, as I thought they'd be a big help... They actually didn't do too well, I lost horribly on the underwater boss the Extractor. Depth charge is baaad news for people with starting stats. Anyway, I'll let you all know as I progress, and as always I encourage anyone to give it a shot with me. I haven't had too much trouble until now =P

Biggest challenge so far was getting the Attack Reels with the original Besaid Aurochs team, man do they suck. Especially against the Al Bhed Psyche's goalie, 18 catch, that early!

EDIT:: I realized I've actually been playing an NSGIENC game, which includes no customization to equipment. The way I see it, if you can customize your equipment, you might as well not even play an initial equipment game... Now let's see if I can actually DO it.

Halenite
09-13-2004, 05:28 PM
I've stuck with the original Besaid Aurochs for the entire game (and I'm ready to enter Sin) and I haven't had any trouble winning any games yet. I've only lost one game since I started.

Trying a NSGIE game is asking for Seymour or Lady Yunalesca to murder you when you face them.

Necronopticous
09-13-2004, 05:30 PM
Yeah, I'm scared! I got whipped by the stupid Extractor! Oh well, I know it's possible to beat the game like this, and I have confidence in my stubborn ability to try a boss 50,000 times before I give in.

Halenite
09-13-2004, 05:38 PM
lol, good luck, just make sure you pump up your aeons with the spheres you will never use then, and let them fight.

Necronopticous
09-13-2004, 08:56 PM
I took a look at the FAQ on this challenge on gameFAQs and this guy cheats like crazy, he added all these dumb rules where you can occasionally modify your weapons, etc. I think he just got lazy, I plan on doing this challenge with no "shortcuts".

Ultima Shadow
09-13-2004, 09:01 PM
You can still power up your aeons and became a god with yunas summon command.

Maybe you should do it without aeon powering too?

Halenite
09-13-2004, 09:59 PM
That would make it next to impossible then.

Aeons grow in two ways.

1. They grow as Yuna does.
2. They grow as a result of sphere power-ups when you recieve the Aeon's Soul.

Ultima Shadow
09-13-2004, 10:16 PM
2. They grow as a result of sphere power-ups when you recieve the Aeon's Soul.
Yea. That's what you shouldn't use. If you do, they can be almigthy while your characters are still weak.

Necronopticous
09-14-2004, 04:05 AM
I heard they also grow just from getting into random battles.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-14-2004, 07:08 AM
How does one defeat Yu Yevon with initial stats and equipment?

Ultima Shadow
09-14-2004, 02:34 PM
How does one defeat Yu Yevon with initial stats and equipment?
Waits until his mp is used up i guess...

Halenite
09-14-2004, 05:52 PM
Notice the first way Aeons grow.

As Yuna does. If Yuna doesn't get any stronger, neither will her Aeons.

Necronopticous
09-14-2004, 07:00 PM
Notice the first way Aeons grow.

As Yuna does. If Yuna doesn't get any stronger, neither will her Aeons.

BUZZZZ That's incorrect. I have been testing some things on my game, after a certain amount of random battles the aeons grow. Even if you run from every one of them. It takes a few maybe 10-20 before you see a change, but then all of their hp will increase along with other stats. Give it a try, I have tested and confimed it.

Kilika
09-14-2004, 07:20 PM
dude its not impossible. if anyone could do it its Ultima Shaddow.....ohh i get a chill everytime i hear that name

Halenite
09-15-2004, 05:08 PM
Oh, I guess it is.

Ultima Shadow
09-15-2004, 06:31 PM
dude its not impossible. if anyone could do it its Ultima Shaddow.....ohh i get a chill everytime i hear that name
lol, I'll try it someday. But first I have to try out his FFVI challange...

Necronopticous
09-15-2004, 09:11 PM
I'm progressing fairly well, my biggest pain yet has been getting ambushed and destroyed after killing a boss that took forever to beat, etc.

I am at Spherimorph, and tediouly had to beat him... Took like 30-40 minutes, then I was walking to the travel agency to save it... And got attacked, ambushed, and killed.

Also, since I am staying true to my original intent and not CHEATING, I'm not even learning Flee with Tidus, even though that gameFAQs guide guy did (what a cheater!) I'm just manually escaping with everyone from every fight, and since you acn easily fail, this is dangerous. I constantly die just because of bad luck. This is a frustrating challenge to say the least.

As for progress, I went to bed last night after beating spherimorph and dying on a group of ambushing enemies, so I'll have to re-do that part. That's where I currently am.

square_is_the_best
09-16-2004, 01:04 AM
By no sphere grid you mean not at all or just abilities? I might try this but I'm not really the patient type.

Necronopticous
09-16-2004, 04:16 AM
I mean not at all, you can never move or activate any node, you might as well not even go to the sphere grid option in the menu the entire game =P

EDIT:: I just beat Seymour and Anima... Finally... All I have to say is... Damn this challenge is hard. I'm waiting until I can start mixing my way to victory with Trio of 9999 And Quartet of 9... Hopefully it will lighten up at that note, because if the bosses get much more difficult, I'm actually not sure if they will be possible NSGIENC anymore...

As usual, I'll let you all know. I'm still going!

Necronopticous
09-21-2004, 06:53 PM
Bikinel Desert was the biggest pain in the ass I have ever heard of... In other news, I'm now at "home". I can't believe I've made it this far, haha.

Ultima Shadow
09-21-2004, 07:00 PM
Bikinel Desert was the biggest pain in the ass I have ever heard of... In other news, I'm now at "home". I can't believe I've made it this far, haha.
What made the desert all that bad? And what was the hardest battle so far?

Necronopticous
09-21-2004, 07:08 PM
The hardest boss so far was DEFINATELY Seymour/Anima/Seymour in the temple where you get Shiva. But the most frusterating and toughest thing about this game is getting killed by random encounters. If you get ambushed at this point of the game, you might as well restart, everything kills you in one hit, and they wipe you out before you have a chance to run. Since it's initial equipment + no customization + no sphere grid, you can't have first strike, you can't have flee, and you can very easily fail escaping manually. Bikanel Desert was so bad because it's a free run to the next save point, with 5-6 encounters along the way, all of which could easily be an ambush and wipe you out. Big long areas are the worst, I'm dreading Mt. Gagazet for my life... And inside Sin? Forget it...

I will be very surprised if I come out of this challenge on top. I'll say that much, but I'll push and push until I know it's impossible, if it is. As far as I know, it hasn't been done yet. There is no guides on it at least.

Ultima Shadow
09-21-2004, 07:12 PM
lol. Now I REALLY want to try it out. Soo... none have done this before? Cool. :cool:

But I HAVE to do the FFVI challange first. :shame: I must hurry!!! :greenie:

aeris2001x2
09-21-2004, 07:17 PM
do u think its possible to beat bosses like...

Dark Bahamat, Dark Anima, Dark Yojimbo, Dark Magus Sisters and Penance in a NSGIENC game, WITHOUT ZANMATO? :eek:

EDIT-on gamefaqs there are guides 4 beating the game this way. so it IS possible...it just makes the ffVI no level challenge seem a cakewalk...

Necronopticous
09-21-2004, 07:41 PM
I don't know about those bosses, I have the U.S. release so I've never even faced them normally, but in response to your statement, there is actually NO guides on gamefaqs for this challenge, I am doing a NSGIENC That's No Sphere Grid, Initial Equipment, No Customization. There is a NSGIE guide and a NSG... etc. guide But none combining these elements. For instance, the NSGIE guide takes advantage of weapon customization where this challenge does not allow it. In this challenge you should never even visit the sphere grid or weapon customization windows EVER, you should have no need to. So, now you can see, reclaiming my bragging :) This has never been done before, or at least I can find no record of it...

Ultima Shadow
09-21-2004, 08:14 PM
Necronopticous is right. There's no combination of Initial Equipment and no Customization in gamesfaqs. And just to add one extra level of difficultness, I'll try it without using Overdrives as well. :D

Oh, and by the way Necronopticous... you posted your last post twice. Delete one of them.

Necronopticous
09-21-2004, 08:59 PM
I'm fairly sure, okay maybe I'm positive that it would be impossible with no overdrives. From what I've seen so far, it would be impossible to beat a few parts if you took out mixing, aeons, or overdrives with NSGIENC. If you decide to try this, tell me how it goes, but like I said. I'm pretty sure it would be just impossible.

Ultima Shadow
09-21-2004, 09:26 PM
Well, I'll try it out as far as I can get. If it turns out to BE impossible, then I'll play the rest of the game with Overdrives.

Necronopticous
09-21-2004, 09:28 PM
I have a feeling you'll be okay until the Extractor. I don't see anyone making it past that NSGIENCNO.

Ultima Shadow
09-21-2004, 09:34 PM
We shall see... ;) NSGIENCNO lol. :p

Well, I'll start this as soon as I'm done with FFVI.

Necronopticous
09-21-2004, 09:41 PM
Oooh man, Seymour and his two guado goons without Stone Breath OR mix? LOL good look on that one. I just realized Mix would be illegal in an NSGIENCNO game also, now I know it's impossible, without being able to do Trio of 9999 or Quartet of 9 later in the game there would just be no way to deal any real damage, you sure you even wanna attempt this? I'm not trying to back you outta it but this would be like taking away items in FFVI low level game.

Oh yeah, and earlier Aeris mentioned that this made FFVI lowlevel look like cakewalk, NO WAY! Haha FFVI lowlevel was tougher than bad steak! So far they have been about equally as challenging, although I have gotten slightly more frusterated with this challenge as compared to the FFVI lowlevel one...

Ultima Shadow
09-21-2004, 09:46 PM
Hey, like I said... I'll try it as far as I can get. If it turns out... very bad, then I'll use overdrives again.

Necronopticous
09-21-2004, 09:49 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm doing as far as the no customization thing goes, if there comes a time that I ABSOLUTELY must use customization for some reason, I will. Although at this point I really don't see that happening, seems like everyone who did the NSGIE challenge just wanted to avoid the frusterations of dying from ambush. Who knows though, I keep dreading running into a boss that's gonna always get first hit and do an area attack, so I'll have to add first strike to someone, I'm really hoping this doesn't happen, and I can't really think of any time it does, so I'm feeling good about it. This is the first time I took on a challenge without having read about someone else who did it first.

Ultima Shadow
09-21-2004, 10:00 PM
Most of the challanges I've done so far was made by myself but I've done some that others come up with as well. Like level 1 party against Ozma in FF9.

However, my worst battles so far would be Omega and Ultima Weapon in FFVIII without junctioning (only allowed to junction abilities. Draw, magic, GF, item etc.) And with only the first weapons and no drawable GFs. Oh, and ofcourse, no card refining soo... no 100 heros or something. Took me alot of hours. :rolleyes2

Necronopticous
09-21-2004, 10:46 PM
Damn, sounds insane.

I'm personally more interested in challenges I can show people the end result of. I loved the FFVI low level challenge because I can physically show people my file at the end of the game, with all my low levels. Also this game will let me show people at the end of the game, with all my first equips, and no sphere grid used.

I'm just a sucker for showing off my Square accomplishments to friends, hell I recorded my epic battle with Seymour/Anima/Seymour on VHS so I could show people, hahaha, also so I could watch it myself.

The Triumphant Hero
09-22-2004, 01:04 AM
I have another, slightly less challenging idea for a challenge- create the best weapon in the game without final weapons... on one rikku weapon, flexible arm or something, I added poisonstrike, blindstrike, silencestrike, and deathstrike...

Necronopticous
09-22-2004, 01:49 AM
Hmm, without break damage limit at least, I don't think that's a very good weapon =(

The Ultimate weapons are pretty much the best ones you can get since they have natural ability that you can't put on a weapon otherwise, like how you do crazy strong hits when you have high (or low with some people) hp.

In a different playthrough, I did however make ultimate armors for everyone, I can post my stats for them if you're interested but not in this thread, it's off topic.

Anyway, creating the best custom stuff isn't really a challenge itself, it's more like part of a perfect game challenge... But it's a very good idea. I actually did try to make better weapons than the ultimate weapons, but after I finished them, I figured out they were all crap compared to the sheer power of the Ultimate weapons. It's best to stick to those. =P

Necronopticous
09-23-2004, 09:39 AM
Bad news, it looks like I may have reached a part where NSGIENC has become impossible. This is the Assault on Bevelle sequence. I can beat Evrae no problem, but the battles that follow seem to be impossible without the first strike ability. I will keep cracking at it to make sure there is absolutely no way I can win, but from the looks of it, NSGIENC just became impossible. I'll keep you guys posted.

Ultima Shadow
09-23-2004, 02:05 PM
Everyone dies before you get a turn? Even if you use the characters with the highest defense and HP?

Necronopticous
09-23-2004, 10:38 PM
The first battle starts, I use all of my most HP people, the first battle you fight 2 gunners and 1 flamethrower. If the gunners HAPPEN to attack Auron of the hits and don't score a critical hit, then it's possible to win this battle, I pull out Rikku, use a chocobo feather on herself, use a hi-potion on Auron and then use a smoke bomb, now the gunners will miss because of blind but the flamethrower will kill all but Auron so I have him attack twice and kill the flamethrower, now I'm at about 100 hp or less on Auron so I have to hope the gunners continue to miss him (Even though they're blind they still screw me up sometimes) Then I raise rikku and use another smoke bomb with her. After 10 trys I beat this first battle once. Then I gained some hope... I healed up and went into the next battle. This one has 2 flamethrowers and a heavy robot, the flamers kill everyone except Auron survives with about 100 hp, from here I can't possibly think of something that will stop this group of enemies. When I get home I think I'll try to use stone breath with Kimahri, but then I think the heavy robot will just take me out, I don't think stone works on Machina...Not sure.... Like I said, this is pretty much my last resort. Rikku and Wakka's overdrives are used up from Evrae and everyone else's overdrive is kinda useless without mix-mods. Even if I do beat this group, there is like 3 more groups and I can't see passing all of them, it seems physically impossible.

I should also note that each time I die on this part I have to watch about 10-15 minutes of unskippable FMV and cutscene so it's VERY frusterating to have to retry this part knowing that it seems to be impossible to pass.

Ultima Shadow
09-23-2004, 10:47 PM
Hmmm... is it possible to get farplane winds at this time of the game? I think you could steal 1 from Anima but I'm not sure and 1 is not enough. What about confusion and sleep attacks?

Yea, I know those won't work on the robot but if you could use it on the other guys before they slaughter you...

Necronopticous
09-23-2004, 10:53 PM
Hmmmm, I just thought of something that I'm going to try when I get home... I'm starting to think I might be able to pull this off now that I think of this...

If I can use Aurons overdrive to eject the flamethrower from the battle I can use the weak shooters to my advantage and have them power up Rikku, Wakka, and Auron's overdrives again. This way, during the battle 2 I can have my 100 hp auron pull in rikku and use a strong mix like sunburst to win this battle. I'm not sure what's next but maybe I can pull it off now that I think of this... Well we'll just have to see! Man, maybe I should write a guide for this challenge if I complete it, no one else has written one yet =P

Ultima Shadow
09-23-2004, 10:59 PM
That's a great idea! Good luck. :) Never give up. ;) Don't forget to also fill Aurons overdrive again if you would encounter that kind of battle again.

Yea, write it! Then you can feel you've done the Ultimate FFX challange.

Necronopticous
09-24-2004, 06:23 AM
V SAIDIKVDSHVDSHCJDSGVCJJVBkcgbaih lcsahjklc ghdsvcghdsBCdsa hcklhklhcH FLHDSFLSAH

I JUST BEAT IT!

Oh my good lord, beating this thing is like trying to flip a coin 100 times and have it land on heads every time. This requires EXTREME LUCK, for it to work you have to have numerous things go exactly right in every circumstance in every battle. At every turn there is something that can go wrong and ruin the entire attempt. This took me about 8 straight hours of trying, not for the impatient.

BUT NOW I'M PAST THAT PART! I WILL BEAT THIS CHALLENGE, I HAVE TO!

Ultima Shadow
09-24-2004, 06:58 AM
I knew it would be possible! ;) 8 hours? Well, that's crazy... but to tell the truth it took me atleast 10 hours to beat the monster arena in FFVII enough times to get omnislach in my no materia, solo character and initial equipment challange. So **** frustrating since you had to get good things on the reels all the time to survive.

Where are you currently?

Necronopticous
09-24-2004, 07:10 AM
I'm so sick of the game after that frusterating 8 hours, but I'm at the save point after the wedding scene, right about to do Bevelle's cloister of trials and grab Bahamut.

The best thing is... I got so bored about 4 hours into trying, I decided to start video taping my attempts on a blank VHS tape, so I actually have my victory recorded. Can't wait to show that to my TOTALLY apathetic friends.

I think I'm going to video-tape all my boss encounters from here on, so I can go back and view them all if I decide to write a guide on this challenge. There are plenty of guides out there to get you through a game similar to this one, so if I DO end up writing a guide, it will be short. Most likely just boss strategies for NSGIENC, no point in writing everything 20 other people have already written... Bosses are the only thing that's really different anyway, that and event sequence encounters and stuff... We'll see, hell I still want to write the guide on making ultimate characters in FFVI. You're gonna have to help me out with that one once you finish the low-level game and we both have mutable characters =P

Ultima Shadow
09-24-2004, 07:19 AM
Okay. :) Hmmm... maybe I should video-tape my challanges as well... I really want to see my epic battle against Omega Weapon without all the junctioning and stuff again. :cool:

But then I must beat him this way AGAIN!!! :eek: Oh, well...

Don't be too frustrated just because of 8 hours of atempts. :p

Oh, and don't worry. I'll help you out with the guide.

Necronopticous
09-24-2004, 07:22 AM
Hey, do you have AIM? If not you should grab it and make an account. My name on AIM is MezzoCarrattere. I'd love to talk about Final Fantasy challenges, etc. I'm on now if you wanna log on.

Ultima Shadow
09-24-2004, 07:27 AM
Nope, I only have MSN. (I hate those uggly msn smiles ) :mad:

But I'll see if I can get my hands on AIM too. There's also something called PM here at EoFF. :cool:

Necronopticous
09-24-2004, 07:32 AM
AIM is much quicker than Private Messages will ever be.

It only takes a few seconds to grab and set up, http://www.aim.com

I look forward to seeing a message pop up from you!

Ultima Shadow
09-24-2004, 07:41 AM
Ok, I'm on my way downloading. But I can't chat for long right now because I have to go in 5 min... :rolleyes2

Kilika
09-24-2004, 10:28 AM
lol. Now I REALLY want to try it out. Soo... none have done this before? Cool. :cool:

But I HAVE to do the FFVI challange first. :shame: I must hurry!!! :greenie:

Whats the FFVI Challenge? Beat the game blindfolded while smelling stinky socks and eating peanut butter? Lol jk. seriously...what is it?

Ultima Shadow
09-24-2004, 05:34 PM
Check out the FFVI forum. Anyway, it's to beat the game without leveling.

Necronopticous
09-24-2004, 05:52 PM
I think I may be stuck again... I got to Seymour on the Bevelle Highbridge, he kills two characters right off the bat, no matter what. I can't think of a way to beat him after this. I tried everything I could think of. Best I've done is

>>Puppet drains hp from everyone putting them yellow
>>Seymour uses multi-blizzara, kills 2 people
>>Swap member for Rikku
>>Use Chocobo feather
>>Mix sunburst
>>Seymour takes 19998 damage + 4000 (He has 36000 to begin with, so he still has 12002 after this)
>>Seymour kills Rikku

I tried using mega phoenixes, and everything else I thought would work, but he just pounds me, there doesn't seem to be a way to beat him, but I'll try until I know it's impossible, as usual.

Whats the FFVI Challenge? Beat the game blindfolded while smelling stinky socks and eating peanut butter? Lol jk. seriously...what is it?

I've gotta try that one!

Ultima Shadow
09-24-2004, 06:03 PM
What about if you have yuna as the surviving person and then summon aeons. If you somehow make sure that when they'r killed, Yuna get her turn before Seymour does and then you switch to Rihhu and sunburst him. Don't know if that could help since I haven't tried it out yet.

I've gotta try that one!
I'm not going to try the "smelling stinky socks" part. :barf:

Necronopticous
09-24-2004, 06:18 PM
I can't get Yuna to ever have a turn before Seymour after doing an Aeon overdrive, already tried this, that was my first idea.

Ultima Shadow
09-24-2004, 06:28 PM
Oh... yea... Seymour can dissmiss aeons. Forgot that part. Hmmm... I have no idea how this would work but it's just a crazy idea...

Anyway: Rikku survives, Rikku haste herself, Rikku switch to Yuna, Yuna summon aeon, aeon does NOT use overdrive, aeon uses a worthless move that recovers quickly, Seymour kills aeon, Yuna switch back to Rikku who "hopefully" can get 2 moves before Seymour because of haste. Maybe if you use a megapheonix first and then Sunburst... if Seymour is slow enough.

Necronopticous
09-24-2004, 07:49 PM
I'm at work now, I'll think about ways I can beat him, but just so you know, the battle starts with Tidus, Kimahri, and Yuna regardless of how you set it up beforehand... I'm wondering how this is gonna work, I got a few plans to try, I'm sure I'll think of more, it's gonna take days of failure to make me give up at this, I'm too far to just call it quits.

For sure, I think the only way I can possibly win is if I somehow get Rikku to have 2 turns in a row. Don't know how I'm gonna pull that one off, but I think if I can do that I might have a chance of coming out of this.

Ultima Shadow
09-24-2004, 07:57 PM
I'm sure there is a way.

Necronopticous
09-25-2004, 02:40 AM
HOLY $#%$#@^%@# I JUST BEAT HIM!!!!!!! Oh man, you have to get so lucky to beat this guy it's ridiculous. Here is the _only_ way this guy is going down.

>>Mortibody uses blizzard on all
>>Seymour kills 2 members with multi-blizzara (Yuna must survive)
>>Yuna switches to Rikku
>>Rikku uses chocobo feather
>>Rikku uses mega-phoenix
>>Mortibody uses thunder on all (Everyone must survive)
>>Seymour kills 2 members with multi-thundara (Rikku must survive)
>>Rikku uses mega-phoenix
>>Rikku switches to Yuna
>>Yuna summons Bahamut
>>Bahamut overdrives {8500-9000 damage}
>>Mortibody absorbs from Seymour {4000 damage}
>>Seymour banishes Bahamut
>>Mortibody uses shattering claw (Everyone must survive)
>>Seymour uses Break (Kimahri must be petrified)
>>Tidus switches to Rikku
>>Rikku mixes Sunburst {19998 damage}
>>Mortibody absorbs from Seymour {3000 damage}
>>Yuna summons Shiva
>>Shiva overdrives {OVERKILL}

The amount of luck involved in this battle is about as crazy as the wedding scene, the battle has to go EXACTLY like that, you can see how many places it can go horribly wrong, everything has to go perfect, this has got to be like a 1 in 100 chance.

aeris2001x2
09-25-2004, 02:47 AM
see, i told u the ffVI challenge would be a cakewalk in comparison :p ...

Congratulations by the way :D

Think u will beat Seymour flux? :tongue:

EDIT- Actually u will have Yojimbo by then :cool:

Necronopticous
09-25-2004, 03:23 AM
The thing is, the Final Fantasy VI Low Level challenge was sort of based on skill, the ability to prepare perfectly and pull of crazy wins through good planning and thinking of good strategies. This challenge is based on persistence and luck. I think I've discovered why this challenge has never been done before. The wedding and bevelle highbridge Seymour were... Well, lets just say, they could almost be considered impossible.

Hmmm... I'm not sure what I should do, I was reading through some regular No Sphere Grid guides on GameFAQs and I just found out when I get to Sanctuary Keeper the challenge will become impossible. Why? Because he has initiative every time, and he opens the battle with photon wings, every time. This means, big damage, incapable of missing, on all party members. No one can survive it with base stats. It's discouraging that I put so much time into this and now I realize there is going to be a part I will not be able to pass. I'm not sure whether to make an initiative weapon just for this one battle, or just to full on call it quits. I'm not too into the idea of making an initiative weapon, because it breaks the rules. Well, I guess we all know why no one has completed the NSGIENC game...It's impossible.

Ultima Shadow
09-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Atleast it's possible. And I'm sure the whole challange is. :)

Necronopticous
09-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Nope, not possible, this is what I referred to earlier in the thread, somewhere where first strike will be necessary. Without it there is no way to survive, I'll never even get one turn no matter how many times I fight him.

Ultima Shadow
09-25-2004, 07:00 PM
****!!! Which battle?

Necronopticous
09-26-2004, 12:23 AM
Hmmm... I'm not sure what I should do, I was reading through some regular No Sphere Grid guides on GameFAQs and I just found out when I get to Sanctuary Keeper the challenge will become impossible. Why? Because he has initiative every time, and he opens the battle with photon wings, every time. This means, big damage, incapable of missing, on all party members. No one can survive it with base stats. It's discouraging that I put so much time into this and now I realize there is going to be a part I will not be able to pass. I'm not sure whether to make an initiative weapon just for this one battle, or just to full on call it quits. I'm not too into the idea of making an initiative weapon, because it breaks the rules. Well, I guess we all know why no one has completed the NSGIENC game...It's impossible.

Ultima Shadow
09-26-2004, 12:34 AM
D-A-M-N... (I didn't check out the edited stuff.)
...:eep:
...What about a challange where you only cuztomise 1 weapon trough the whole game? :)

NSGIE1C

Necronopticous
09-26-2004, 01:38 AM
Well, as far as I'm concerned I'm going to get to the part where I fight Sanctuary Keeper, then I'll make sure he's impossible, if so, I'll save and call that my finished game.

I've beaten the parts that were thought to be impossible, (wedding + seymour on bevelle highbridge), so I've made a mark.

Ultima Shadow
09-26-2004, 01:52 AM
It's so sad... :cry:

Will you complete the challange with custimation when you've reached that part?

Necronopticous
09-26-2004, 02:27 AM
I don't know... Seems so easy.

Lon611
09-26-2004, 03:20 AM
i have the strategy guide by brady and in the bestiary and the actual guide it never mentions that sanctuary keeper has initiative. in fact, i don't remember him attacking first....then again, why would i remember something like that :rolleyes2

keep your hopes up

super sayin Tidus
09-27-2004, 12:51 AM
well this is the first time i have ever joined a forum and every posted and well necronopticous well Congratz for making it as far as u are and u have inspierd me to give it a shot but dont give up am certain the sanctuary keeper doesnt get the initiative well i think anyway but good luck with the rest of your NSGIENC challange

square_is_the_best
09-27-2004, 02:06 AM
How bout this rule...

If a fight is TRULY impossible, you are allowed ONE (1) customization. After that fight you must switch to a vanilla (no customization, no auto-abilities) weapon.

Necronopticous
09-27-2004, 02:14 AM
I thought about that, but I'd get heat for it. I wouldn't be able to write a guide saying I completed a NSGIENC game if I had to cheat even once.

Lon611
09-27-2004, 04:21 AM
i still doubt that sanctuary keeper is impossible. i watched a vid of this guy on a NSG game defeat Braska's Final Aeon in like literally a minute (I WAS AMAZED!) i kno he could equip stuff, but it didn't seem like it made that much of a difference.... ;)

Necronopticous
09-27-2004, 04:41 AM
Excerpt from Dustman and Xharas' 'No Sphere Grid Challenge' guide (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_nsg.txt): "Without First Strike, this boss would kill your party instantly with its
Photon Wing. With First Strike, this boss is so easy."

As always, I'm going to test it myself before I declare officially that it's impossible. I've already proved wrong hundreds of people that swore the wedding would be impossible on NSGIENC as well as the Seymour on the Bevelle Highbridge. I'm pretty pessimistic after reading that quote, but I will progress, today I beat defender X and Biran and Yenke, so I'm on my way to Santuary Keeper now, keep dying in random ambushes. I'll keep you all posted.

Ultima Shadow
09-27-2004, 06:49 AM
I guess Seymour flux could be pretty tough... but it shouldn't be a too big deal.

I want you reply soon... and tell me that you actually beated the keeper. :tongue:

Kilika
09-27-2004, 07:56 AM
Keep doing the impossible bro keep doin it! You should get a frickin award for this accomplishment, for getting as far as you've gotten? One question though, does it ever tempt you to see how much better you're characters would be if you used your 99 s.lv?

Necronopticous
09-27-2004, 08:07 AM
I actually don't even have 99 sphere levels with anyone, the most I have is 59 with Yuna, I think Rikku only has like 19 or something, most battles I run from because there isn't really a point to beating them. Some battles I will summon and beat, however, if running fails and I'm scared of losing to a random encounter. All the other sphere levels are mainly from bosses.

It was so interesting fighting Biran and Yenke as Kimahri. Since their stats are based on his, they were pathetic weaklings. They were doing like 60 damage per hit, I was able to use lancet the entire time and kill them with it while maintaining near-full to full HP. One of the most enjoyable experiences in the whole challenge, second only to the victories over the portions of the game people said I wouldn't be able to do, muahahaha.

Anyway, I tried for 2 hours to progress into Mt. Gagazet tonight, I got endlessly mauled by random encounters. This is the first point in the game where I get killed by random encounters without even getting a turn even when it's not an ambush. Every single encounter I have to hope for misses, hope for certain attacks to hit Auron since he has higher HP, and hope for monsters not to kill Rikku, because she gets turns quicker due to agility. Playing the game at this point is just obnoxious because it's solely luck and persistence. There is no skill involved to reaching a new area anymore, only for boss battles, the only way you can progress to the next save sphere is with luck that you'll get pre-emptive encounters, they'll miss you, or you won't fail while escaping. I'm done for tonight, I'll try making it into Gagazet again tomarrow after I get home from my classes.

P.S. I can't even imagine what it would be like inside sin... Frusterates me just thinking about it.

aeris2001x2
09-27-2004, 05:22 PM
keep it up man. let us know how Seymour Flux is...

Necronopticous
09-27-2004, 09:03 PM
I tried for 2 hours to progress into Mt. Gagazet

The running total is now 4 hours, I just can't make it to the next save point without getting slaughtered by a random battle. Tough stuff, worthy of mention. I'll keep tallying up the hours I waste trying to escape the clutches of evil nidhoggs and grenades, and god DAMN that machina trio!

Kilika
09-28-2004, 06:17 PM
BOOOO! *Breaks copy of FFX!*

Man i really want you to do this! Isn't there any way? There must be.

Necronopticous
09-28-2004, 06:18 PM
We will find out soon enough, I hope.

Necronopticous
09-29-2004, 06:42 AM
Ahhh, updates, wonderful updates. So here is the current situation. I relentlessly tried and tried and I FINALLY made it across to the next save point, there is no way to do it rather than to just get lucky. The time I did it I got about 4 pre-emptive battles, no ambushes, and I fought lots of groups that aren't too dangerous. A few times I just got lucky, had one chance to escape, and made it. It's gotta be like 15 to 20 battles you have to manage to get lucky in, in a row. But I finally did, and so, I got to Seymour Flux... The verdict......

PUSHOVER!!!

I beat him my very first try, it seems like I did get lucky, however he wasn't too bad. The battle went like this

>>Seymour uses lance of atrophy. Kimahri dies
>>Tidus switches for Rikku
>>Rikku uses Chocobo Feather on herself
>>Mortibody uses full life on Rikku (Uh, he might as well have skipped his turn)
>>Auron switches for Wakka
>>Wakka fakeswaps (Gives him a turn under Rikku's)
>>Rikku mixes Trio of 9999
>>Wakka uses attack reels (If you get lucky, he'll go down right here, for me, too many of the hits got the mortibody, so he didn't go down)
>>Seymour casts protect on himself
>>Seymour casts reflect on himself
>>Seymour uses flare on himself reflects to Wakka
>>Rikku uses Fire Gem, he's gone.

So, I went back and saved it, and now I'm posting! I'm gonna call it a night for the game. But as always, I'll keep you updated when I progress.

Ultima Shadow
09-29-2004, 06:53 AM
Cool. :cool:

Soon it's time for the Keeper!!! :eek:

Necronopticous
09-29-2004, 10:04 PM
The next part is just as big a pain as the part I just did, it's gonna take some more persistence on my part. Random battles are the hardest thing in this challenge, in my opinion. Well... Okay... So they haven't compared to the wedding / bevelle highbridge Seymour yet... But beside those things, random battles are just insane to try to go for a long distance without getting killed. I'm at the part before Sanctuary Keeper where you have to swim around in the Gagazet mountain caves and do those damn trials, like throwing wakka's ball at the spinning oyster looking thing, long sprawling areas with no save for a long time, so much death ensues. I'm hoping to reach Sanctuary Keeper tonight, but that just depends on my luck.

Ultima Shadow
09-30-2004, 06:47 AM
Holy crap. Sounds frustrating. C'mon. I want to know if the keeper is possible or not. :eek:

Necronopticous
09-30-2004, 07:29 AM
Haha, give me some time, I'm taking a break now that I've discovered the gem that is Katamari Damacy, I'm addicted. Must... Get... 300m katamari... and roll over.... skyscraper buildings...

super sayin Tidus
09-30-2004, 11:14 PM
well am at mi'hem road at rin and well the g/f was getting a bit annoyed so i had to put it down the nigth but so far NSGIE is a succsess

Necronopticous
09-30-2004, 11:20 PM
Someone who does Final Fantasy challenges AND has a girlfriend, you're a rare case my friend, a rare case indeed.

Necronopticous
10-01-2004, 07:27 AM
Well, I come with odd news... I suppose it's good news, but it just so happens to also be ridiculously horrible news at the same time. Once again, my challenge has proved numerous people dead wrong. If anyone writes, or tells you Sanctuary Keeper is impossible on NSGIENC, they're MISTAKEN! Sanctuary Keeper is indeed possible, but almost by the lowest means you could consider possible possible. I would guess that it is a 1 in 5,000 chance you'll win, and that's even being nice on the odds. So here is the low down for all of you just dying to hear.

Sanctuary Keeper DOES in fact ALWAYS strike first, they were no doubt right about this, I don't know if he has initiative or just higher speed than any of your characters, but I played him 30 times or so, and he always went first, without fail...

Sanctuary Keeper ALSO ALWAYS uses Photon Wings as his first attack, no matter what. Both of these things were correct, they happen every single time, without fail...

So... How is this possible you might be asking? WELL I'll tell you.

Auron's base HP is 1030, and guess what. At base stats, with initial equipment and no customization, Photon Wings OCCASIONALLY only does 1000-1030 damage, leaving Auron with 10 or 20 HP every now and then. SO! Every few tries, I end up with one guy, with roughly 1 to 30 hit points who now gets a turn! Sound too good to be true? Well, don't worry.. It is... Photon Wings doesn't JUST do damage. It also infects you with almost every status effect in the game, so you'll either sleep through your turn, or you'll be confused and waste your turn and then get slaughtered. but GUESS WHAT, if you're lucky enough to have made it this far, you MIGHT randomly not get sleep OR confuse. In this rare, rare, rare, rare, rare case, you'll see the menu pop up, and you'll have yourself a turn!

Don't get too excited, you've FAR from won. This is the only way I can see the battle being won, note the EXTREME luck involved.

>>Enter battle with Kimahri, Wakka, and Auron
>>Sanctuary Keeper uses Photon Wings
>>Auron takes less than 1030 damage and does not recieve sleep or confuse status
>>Auron switched to Rikku
>>Rikku uses chocobo feather on herself
>>Sanctuary Keeper physically attacks Rikku (must miss*)
>>Rikku uses phoenix down on Wakka
>>Sanctuary Keeper uses physical attack (must miss*)
>>Sanctuary Keeper uses Mana Blast
>>If Wakka is alive, uses attack reels (OVERKILL)
>>If Rikku is alive, uses fire/water gem (OVERKILL)

*=This method is theoretically possible, therefore meaning, contrary to popular belief, this battle is NOT impossible to win, just very, very, very, very, very improbable. Rikku and Wakka have an evasion stat of 5 which basically means they have ALMOST no chance of being missed, but again, it IS possible, just an extremely rare occurance. Sanctuary Keeper must miss twice in a row in this battle, the odds of that must be outrageous, but with enough persistence, it will eventually happen...Hopefully.

So there you have it. This challenge can go beyond this point, how long it takes me to actually get there, god only knows. I don't expect to beat this guy in the near future, the luck required for this is insane.

Ultima Shadow
10-01-2004, 01:48 PM
HA! I KNEW IT WAS POSSIBLE!!! :) *insane laugh* :laugh:

Ok, well... I have just 1 question. I forgot where you can get the stuff for trio of 9999 this early...

Necronopticous
10-01-2004, 04:04 PM
You can do Trio of 9999 from the time you pass Home in Bikanel Desert because you find a Level 4 Key Sphere there which can be used with an Underdog's Secret, which you get 99 of from Rin when you meet him on the airship.

After that, at the Calm Lands you can race chocobos at the temple for 30 Wings to Discovery, which can be mixed for Trio of 9999. At this point in the game there is plenty of possibilities.

Necronopticous
10-01-2004, 06:28 PM
I've been thinking about new strategies at work, there may be a way to beat him without having him miss twice, but only once rather. I'm not sure if it will work, but this is my idea.

>>Enter battle with Tidus, Wakka, and Auron
>>Auron takes less than 1030 damage and does not recieve sleep or confuse status
>>Auron switched to Rikku
>>Rikku uses chocobo feather on herself
>>Sanctuary Keeper physically attacks Rikku (must miss*)
>>Rikku uses phoenix down on Tidus
>>Sanctuary Keeper uses physical attack (can not hit Rikku)
>>If Tidus is alive, fakeswitches
>>If Wakka is alive, fakeswitches
>>If Tidus is alive, uses slice and dice (OVERKILL)
>>If Wakka is alive, uses attack reels (OVERKILL)

I don't know if this will work because I'm not sure how the turn order would work if Rikku used 2 phoenix downs, I'll just have to try until I find out. The one thing I have concluded is that the first strategy would be better to replace Wakka with Tidus, wakka does more damage, but it's unnecessary because Tidus will do enough damage to kill Sanctuary Keeper anyway. Tidus also has better agility and evasion making your chances a little better. I would say Lulu because of her incredible evasion, but she's got such bad agility it would surely screw things up.

If only I had a mega phoenix... I had to use both of them to beat Seymour on the highbridge, if I had a mega-phoenix this portion of the challenge would be a good deal easier.

Ultima Shadow
10-01-2004, 10:28 PM
Hmmm... isn't there any way at all to get a mega pheonix? Well, atleast it IS possible.
There's no way you'r going to back off now, right?

Necronopticous
10-01-2004, 11:52 PM
Yeah, I'm convinced I can beat it without a mega-phoenix, although... I wonder if you can win mega-phoenix from Blitzball... I don't think you can, but that would be cool.

Ultima Shadow
10-02-2004, 12:04 AM
I checked it out and YES IT IS!!! LEAGUE, second place prizes:

-------------------------------------------
ITEMS ABILITIES
---------------- ---------------
"Mega Phoenix"
Elixir
Mega Potion
X-Potion
Phoenix Down*2
Remedy*2
Ether

Found this on gamefaqs.

Necronopticous
10-02-2004, 12:07 AM
Nice, maybe I'll spend some time getting this.

Thanks for checking!

Ultima Shadow
10-02-2004, 12:09 AM
Better spending some time on that than spending countless hours on getting slayed by the boss. :p

Necronopticous
10-02-2004, 12:11 AM
Ahhh! You can't play Blitzball on Mt. Gagazett, looks like I'll have to do it without Mega-Phoenix. If I had known I would have gotten it before I came up. Oh well, I think I can do it without mega-phoenix.

super sayin Tidus
10-03-2004, 12:47 PM
if the worst come to the worseurur would u conside nipping down to the calm land too play blitz to get ur mega-phoniex?

Necronopticous
10-03-2004, 07:15 PM
No, it took FAR too long to make it past those sprawling areas, and I got lucky once. Not doing it again.

Ultima Shadow
10-03-2004, 07:28 PM
C'mon!! I'm counting on you dude!!! :)

Man, I guess it'll be hard to find a harder challange than this one...:greenie:

Necronopticous
10-03-2004, 08:54 PM
Sanctuary Keeper is officially DEAD! And I video taped his snuff for PROOF! Now I have the Wedding, Seymour on the highbridge, and Sanctuary Keeper ALL on tape, three things people deemed impossible, BWAHAHAHAHA I love proving people wrong.

super sayin Tidus
10-03-2004, 09:17 PM
Awsome your some guy jst how did you do it?

Necronopticous
10-03-2004, 10:02 PM
I did it just like I said I would earlier, the only change is that instead of relying on two misses, I brought Tidus and Wakka back to life, that way you only have to hope he doesn't kill Rikku, if he kills Wakka or Tidus, you win, because you can Trio of 9999 and then finish him.

My battle today went like this:

>>Enter Tidus, Auron, and Wakka
>>Auron lives and evades sleep and confuse status
>>Auron switches to Rikku
>>Rikku uses chocobo feather
>>Sanctuary Keeper physically attacks Rikku (misses)
>>Rikku uses phoenix down on Tidus
>>Sanctuary keeper uses physical attack on Tidus (dead)
>>Rikku mixes trio of 9999
>>Sanctuary Keeper uses Mana Breath on Rikku (dead)
>>Wakka uses Attack Reels (Overkill)

Ultima Shadow
10-03-2004, 10:17 PM
See? I told you it wasn't impossible! Whatever happens... this challange is NOT impossible! I AM SURE!!!

Ok, what's next? Hmmm... Yunalesca! :hyper:

But I got the feeling that she could be pretty easy...

Necronopticous
10-03-2004, 10:30 PM
Spectral Keeper was next, I killed him 2nd try, only failed the first time because I forget to recharge overdrives. I'm on Yunalesca now, she's pretty hard, but I don't think she'll be nearly as hard as the other battles. I made it to the third form my 2nd try, but got killed, trying again now...

Ugh I hope I don't die again, there is tons of dialogue I have to sit through every time I fail.

Ultima Shadow
10-03-2004, 10:34 PM
Well, the first form is pretty weak right? Trio> kill her, second form... just hit for 9999 until she's about to die> summon aeon> kill her> aeon dies>kill her.

Well, I don't know since I've never tried her this way but...

Necronopticous
10-03-2004, 10:42 PM
Battle goes like this:

>>Enter Rikku, Wakka, Tidus
>>Yunalesca attacks {about 300 damage}
>>Rikku uses Chocobo Feather on self
>>Tidus uses hi-potion on damaged person
>>Yunalesca uses Absorb {about 300 damage}
>>Wakka uses hi-potion on damaged person
>>Rikku uses Chocobo Feather on Tidus
>>Tidus fakeswitches
>>Wakka fakeswitches
>>Rikku uses Chocobo feather on Wakka
>>Yunalesca attacks {about 300 damage}
>>Wakka uses hi-potion on damaged person
>>Rikku mixes trio of 9999
>>Tidus uses Slice And Dice (Dead)

>>Yunalesca uses Hellbiter
>>Yunalesca uses Regen (like poison)
>>Rikku uses fire-gem (Dead)

>>Yunalesca uses mega-death (no-effect)
>>Wakka uses Attack Reels (Overkill)

This is how I'm hoping to beat her, I just gotta make sure her attacks hit certain people and not others. So far things have just gone wrong. grrr..

Ultima Shadow
10-03-2004, 10:51 PM
lol, it feels like it was ages since I played this game. Don't remember a shit! I really have to hurry up with my FFVI challange.:p

Necronopticous
10-03-2004, 11:07 PM
Lady Yunalesca in the bag!

super sayin Tidus
10-03-2004, 11:50 PM
Didn't take you long to get through Zanarkand

super sayin Tidus
10-04-2004, 01:07 AM
Hey guys ave gave the NSGIENC challange a go and am doing swell am just about to venture the lenghty highroad of Djose. Also i have not sufferd the despare of the lenghty G-A-M-E....O-V-E-R so am doing grand and u got kick the hell out of braskas final aeon Necronopticous in the word of Yuna "Go, Fight on!"

Necronopticous
10-04-2004, 01:43 AM
Zanarkand wasn't too bad. Or maybe I just got lucky... Anyway, all that's left now is Sin, I already went and picked up Anima, beat Geosgaeno first try! I am quitting for today, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to do some major item collecting before I take on Sin. I wonder if it's possible to make it through sin and beat Seymour + Braska's Final Aeon?

Ultima Shadow
10-04-2004, 06:58 AM
Sin shouldn't be a problem. If I remember coorectly (which I doubt i do) Sin isn't attacking at all until it reach you and use Mega Gravion.

Necronopticous
10-04-2004, 08:25 AM
I'm more worried about getting through sin walking I mean. I remember the sorrow lake inside of Sin being really long and obnoxious, I wonder if it will be possible to cross with base stats + first weapons.

super sayin Tidus
10-04-2004, 06:59 PM
It will be like Gagazet. In a nut Shell take hours upon hours

Ultima Shadow
10-04-2004, 09:03 PM
Oh, yea... I almost forgot... *blames my bad memory* :p

Yea... I DO remember that there's some scary monster combinations in there...
Atleast there's a savepoint before Seymour... right?

Necronopticous
10-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Yeah, there is one right before him, the problem is making it that far. Wish me luck!

Ultima Shadow
10-04-2004, 09:38 PM
If you just ignore all the treasures and stuff on the way... then I think it's a shorter way to go than in Gagazet... isn't it?

Necronopticous
10-04-2004, 09:47 PM
Possibly, but it might have a higher ratio of mob groups that can slay me without fail, without me getting a turn. For instance, in Zanarkand there is the mob group with the kicking robots, every group that contained them would kill me without fail whether they ambushed me or not, because they all had higher agility than me and used moves that could kill me in one shot, no matter what. The only hopes of surviving were happening to get pre-emptive strikes against them, or just manage to make it through without encountering even one group of them. Zanarkand wasn't really that much space, so I could luckily make it 6-7 battles without encountering them. But in Sin, I may have 60% of mob groups capable of killing me without me even getting a turn. This would make a 10 battle run nearly statistically impossible. We'll just have to see how it works out and hope for the best I guess.

super sayin Tidus
10-04-2004, 09:56 PM
i just suffer my first gameover in the thunder plains i got ambushed by the thundara trio larva imp and imp god damm it but oh well try agen

Necronopticous
10-05-2004, 12:52 AM
If you are in dismay over one Game Over the challenge is not for you. Once you reach the later portions of the game you will suffer hundreds of failures just to reach a freak accident occurance of not encountering a certain type of enemy, etc. Mt. Gagazet is going to drive you nuts, assuming you have the patience for The Wedding and Seymour + Mortibody, which are so improbable they were considered impossible by many NSG-goers.

Ultima Shadow
10-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Yea... You should be familar with game overs before you do this challange. :p

Lon611
10-06-2004, 12:58 AM
I knew it would be possible! ;) 8 hours? Well, that's crazy... but to tell the truth it took me atleast 10 hours to beat the monster arena in FFVII enough times to get omnislach in my no materia, solo character and initial equipment challange.

monster arena in FFVII?im still fairly early on in the game because im doing everything i can to beat nemesis in FFX, but i never knew there was a simliar one in FFVII. can ne1 tell me about it? :confused:

Necronopticous
10-06-2004, 01:10 AM
Off Topic: The (battle) arena in Final Fantasy VII was nothing like the Final Fantasy X monster arena, it was where you would choose one of your members to fight solo against a group of battles, 7 or 8 of them if I remember correctly. After each battle reels would roll to eliminate something or if you're lucky, benefit you. There were things such as "Full Cure", "Level Down", "Materia Broken", "Weapon Broken" So that it either impaired you or helped you out in the following battles. Beating this raised Battle Arena points which could be spent on things inside the arena. At the top of the list was Cloud's omnislash item and W-Summon materia.

Ultima Shadow
10-07-2004, 11:40 AM
Hey, Necro... how's it going? :hyper: :excited: :hyper: :excited: :hyper: :excited: :hyper:

Necronopticous
10-07-2004, 11:38 PM
I'm accumulating items before I take on Sin, I'm also playing through Final Fantasy V again since I haven't done so for years. I've tried Sin a few times and failed on the Sinspawn after you kill the two fins. He's not terribly hard, I just played stupid both times, and the cutscene is so damn long I don't want to go through it again after I lose once, I'll try again tonight maybe. I'm leaving for Los Angeles for the weekend tonight however, so I don't know how much I'll be able to play until next week. I've just had a lot on my mind, school, work, my mom getting a restraining order against my stepdad, my grandma breaking her knee and overdosing on pain medication, etc. Give me some time.

Ultima Shadow
10-08-2004, 02:41 PM
Ok. No problem. You don't need to hurry. I was just wondering. :greenie:

Halenite
10-08-2004, 05:49 PM
Good luck against Seymour Omnis!
Yu Yevon and the possessed aeons will be easy since your characters are permanently on auto-life.

Necronopticous
10-08-2004, 08:15 PM
Well, I beat Left Fin + Right Fin + Sinspawn Genais + Sin Core this morning. It's actually not all that hard, here is how it works:

Left Fin

>>Enter Tidus, Yuna, Wakka
>>Left Fin does nothing
>>Tidus fakeswitches
>>Yuna summons Anima
>>Anima uses Haste on self
>>Anima uses Pain on Left Fin (about 5000 damage)
>>Occasionally Left Fin will attack for about 1300 damage
>>In this case Anima uses Cure two times on self
>>Repeat until dead

Right Fin

>>Right Fin does nothing
>>Tidus fakeswitches
>>Yuna summons Anima
>>Anima uses Haste on self
>>Anima uses Pain on Left Fin (about 5000 damage)
>>Occasionally Right Fin will attack for about 1300 damage
>>In this case Anima uses Cure two times on self
>>Repeat until dead

Sinspawn Genais

>>Genais uses venom (Kills one member)
>>This turn will result in the two remaining members having turns in a row, the second turn must be Tidus or Wakka
>>First turn swaps for Rikku
>>Tidus uses Slice and Dice or Wakka uses Attack Reels (Overkill)

Sin Core

>>enter Tidus or Wakka, and Rikku
>>Rikku uses Al Bhed potion
>>Tidus or Wakka fakeswitches
>>Sin Core uses Gravija
>>Repeat until Tidus or Wakka has their overdrive again
>>Tidus uses Slice and Dice or Wakka uses Attack Reels (Overkill)

As I suspected, Inside Sin is incredibly incredibly tough. Maybe longer a distance than Mt. Gagazet. There is a few mob groups that will almost indefinately kill you in one turn, some that definately will. So you have to go the entire length managing not to fight them. It's possible, but it's going to be difficult as all hell.

Ultima Shadow
10-11-2004, 06:53 AM
Well... goodluck then...

Necronopticous
10-11-2004, 07:26 AM
Hey! I just got back from Los Angeles this weekend, I was giving inside Sin a shot over there a few times each morning when I woke up... The most frusterating experience, I got all the way to about two steps before the save point and got slaughtered by three Ahrimans. I've been hesitant to continue to try since then, it REALLY REALLY frusterated me because I got EXTREMELY lucky to make it as far as I did, and it was all in vain... Don't know how long it will be until I get that lucky again. What is even more frusterating is that I sort of went into panic and tried to run when I should have just sunbursted with Rikku and killed them to progress, of course I stumbled on the run and was killed... I could have been to Seymour if I had only thought about it for a second. Oh well... Give it awhile, I'll make it through...

Rostum
10-11-2004, 12:33 PM
I am suprised you have made it this far through... keep it up, can't wait to hear your victory!

super sayin Tidus
10-11-2004, 04:42 PM
Well your doing splendid ole chap but if tht happend to me my controller would have got the worst of it! Haha, but keep at it young man! As yuna says "Be, strong". Haha

Ultima Shadow
10-11-2004, 08:48 PM
It sounds crazy. But it's possible! Keep it up. You can make it!

By the way... I'm planing on trying to beat Omega Weapon without junctioning at all. Not even the commands. :cool: But I have so much other stuff to do right now...
Homework's a pain in the ass... :eep:

Necronopticous
10-11-2004, 08:59 PM
You need to hurry up and beat FFVI LLG before you try Omega, hahaha

Ultima Shadow
10-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Yea, I know. But I've got pretty far... I'll go and post in that tread right away...

super sayin Tidus
10-11-2004, 10:45 PM
and back to your challenge how u getting on

Old Manus
10-13-2004, 09:55 PM
ssshhhh! You're making him lose his focus .

ScottNUMBERS
10-15-2004, 10:33 AM
can some one tell me the rule for thios challenge coz i want to tery it out plz :)

Halenite
10-15-2004, 05:26 PM
Do not advance the Sphere Grid AT ALL.
Keep each characters initial weapons/armor on.
do not customize.
You can not use the special spheres (i.e. HP Sphere, Fortune Sphere, etc.)

Or just look at the front page of this thread. ;)

Necronopticous
10-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Careful! It may be impossible, I have not yet confirmed it's possibility. Soon though.

ScottNUMBERS
10-15-2004, 11:01 PM
ok thanx sorry for my newbieness :D

Necronopticous
10-15-2004, 11:29 PM
Ugh, this is just getting discouraging, getting from the airship to Seymour Omnis is incredibly difficult.... Most of the times I don't even survive the first random encounter, and you probably have to survive about... 15 or so in a row to make it to the next save point, tough stuff... especially when you consider that half of the random encounters will generally kill you before you get a turn.

Ultima Shadow
10-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Sounds... frustrating...

Halenite
10-16-2004, 04:24 PM
I'm probably gonna start this challenge within the next month. Hopefully, I'll do as good as necro.

Necronopticous
10-16-2004, 05:33 PM
As good as me!? NOT A CHANCE!!!

Haha I'm kidding, good luck! I'm glad I've inspired so many people to try it out. Just be warned, it may result in a broken playstation, controller, or television, or all of the above out of frusteration.

Ultima Shadow
10-16-2004, 07:31 PM
Good LUCK!!! Seems like you'll need extremely much luck to complete this challange.
But it IS possible!!! Even that long way you have to go inside Sin... C'mon Necro!!! :)
You HAVE to make it past that place!!! :(

Necronopticous
10-16-2004, 10:35 PM
Tried again, failed.

Necronopticous
10-17-2004, 01:16 AM
Okay here is the rundown for those curious.

Initial group should always be: Rikku, Tidus, Auron
No exceptions.

Mob Groups
Inside Sin: Part 1

Behemoth King
Consider yourself lucky when you face one of these. It attacks with Thundara, Heave, and normal attack. Behemoth King has no area attacks so he can only take you out one at a time, giving you plenty of chances to run. Even if this guy ambushes you, you still have a chance to run, or two if Rikku is the one to survive. This is the best encounter in this area, unfortunately... It's one of the rarest encounters. If you get into a battle it will have initiative unless you get a pre-emptive strike. After it kills one person use all of your turns to run. You should make it out of this one every time, if you lose on Behemoth King well... Shame on you.

Adamantoise
This is the second best encounter you can hope for, it's semi-rare itself, but you'll almost always come away from this one alive. The good things are that it has low speed, so Rikku will always get a turn before it does (except in the case of an ambush). The bad news is that it DOES have an area move which can kill off your entire party with one turn, Earthquake. Earthquake is a pretty rare move for adamantoise, most of the time he'll just normal attack you, killing off one person allowing the rest to run. Even if you stumble on Rikku's initial run you should be able to make it out alive more often than not.

Ideally you'd want to make the entire trip only battling these two encounters, although... That would be crazy considering their rarity and the number of battles you have to go through.

Exoray x 2 + Ahriman
This is probably the best battle after King Behemoth and Adamantoise. Don't get it wrong, this battle sucks, but it's possible to live through about 50% of the time. Ahriman will always get initiative so you have to hope for two key factors.

a) Ahriman can not use his sweep attack which will kill everyone in one turn.
b) Ahriman can not kill Rikku

So basically you're hoping for his regular eye attack on Auron or Tidus, it's a throw... But it will happen about half the time. It should be noted that you CAN live even if the Ahriman does kill Rikku although it requires serious luck. OCCASIONALLY but very rarely Tidus will get a turn before both exorays have Firagaed you and you'll be able to run with him. The one thing you should know about this encounter is that you only ever get one chance to run. If all goes well, Rikku will get her turn, it's NOT always best to try and run, if you're a decent length through sin, say... at the second glowing circle or beyond you should mix two underdogs secrets for sunburst. This will overkill the entire enemy party and guarantee your progression. If you don't have Rikku's overdrive or if you've already used it in a previous exoray x 2 + ahriman battle you can swap to Yuna and summon Ifrit. These guys take a pretty long time to kill with Ifrit but it's a guaranteed win since the exorays will always heal Ifrit to full health. Just make sure you take down that pesky ahriman first.

Iron Giant x 2
This is one of the most common encounters and also one of the most common dissapointments. They seem easy to get away from sometimes which makes the fact that you'll fail about 60-70% of the time even more frusterating. They will both always have initiative and it doesn't help that you almost always fight these jerks. The things you should be hoping to avoid are as follows:

a) You don't want Iron Giant #1 to use Reaper
b) You don't want Iron Giant #1 to attack Auron

You can still live if either of these things happen, but you probably and usually won't. Reaper is a COMMON move and will kill off everyone except Auron, but if the first guy uses it, auron will be killed by the second guy, the only hope is that he uses Leaping Blade which has a very bad hit rate and will miss about 40% of the time. This is not a likely occurance, however. If the first Iron Giant attacks Auron you better HOPE that the second one doesn't use Reaper or you're all dead. It is possible that he'll attack also leaving one person left, but with how common of a move Reaper is, you'll most often die to it. I hate these guys...

Ahriman x 3
What a pain in the ass... When I see these ugly bastards fly down I want to reset my game right from the beginning, but guess what, this is ACTUALLY possible to survive, you'll survive about 5-10% of the time. Your ONLY hope in survival is that ALL three Ahriman use their regular attack, it's VERY rare for them to not use their stupid sweep move but if you manage to make it through with them attacking all three times you'll find that one member is still alive, this is because Auron can take two hits without dying. The thing is, you ALSO have to hope that Auron is not the one alive at the end, because if he is he'll most likely have confuse status from getting hit by the Ahriman's eye-laser. Good luck on these guys, I hardly ever survive their ugliness. Luckily they're not TOO common, you can probably make it the whole distance without fighting them... Or maybe only fighting them once.

Ultima Shadow
10-17-2004, 11:09 AM
:O_O:

...I see... and... it's about 15 encounters... oh, crap! :eek: :eek:

Also... I don't really remember... but... once you beat Seymour... isn't there a pretty long way to go... again?

Oh, crap!

Necronopticous
10-17-2004, 04:59 PM
And so ends the Final Fantasy NSGIENC challenege.

This morning I made my way through Sin and finally reached the next save point. After a few minutes of getting prepared I moved on to Seymour Omnis who will be the boss that will end this challenge. Seymour Omnis starts off with a sweep of firagas that do insane damage (2000 or so) to each member of the party, one by one he kills all three of them before anyone gets a turn. This happens every time, and I tried going in with every character, didn't make a difference.

I did a lot of things people said I wouldn't be able to do in this challenge, and I made it all the way to the end. I consider this challenge a huge success for myself even though I can now let everyone know that the NSGIENC challenge is impossible to finish. Seymour Omnis is not passable with these limitations.

If anyone still wants to attempt this challenge, know that it is definately possible to make it to where I got which is the save point before Seymour Omnis inside Sin, it is the farthest point you can make it and thus, the goal of the NSGIENC challenege. Sort of an anticlimactic goal, but hey. As for me, I think I'll customize my starting weapons and beat the game as an NSGIE challenge but this thread is always here if you need some boss strategy for NSGIE or NSGIENC. Good luck and thanks to everyone who stuck through the thread as I progressed!

Ultima Shadow
10-17-2004, 05:58 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doh! :yuck: *&¤%.#... ARGH!!! ...ok, ok, ok... calm down... *deep breath*

...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously... isn't there ANY way? :cry: **** YOU SEYMOUR!!! :mad2:

Necronopticous
10-17-2004, 06:10 PM
Nope, no way. I tried everything, oh well, I'll be glad to move onto something else.

Ultima Shadow
10-17-2004, 06:15 PM
Just PM me if you want a new challange. ;) Or wait for the KH challang that I'll make tomorrow...

Oh, well... you got to the end... the only boss that's left after Seymour is the final boss...
But, hey!!! I got a new idea!!! You could still make this a "NSGIENC challange VS OMEGA WEAPON"! :p

Necronopticous
10-17-2004, 07:11 PM
I don't want to do a Kingdom Hearts challenge, it will definately be Final Fantasy. I was thinking Final Fantasy IX but not now that I find out you have to have a group of characters level up a whole bunch during the low-level game. I don't like the idea of only having a few characters at a low level, I like low level games where I can end with all my members low, like the FFVI game, that was awesome.

Ultima Shadow
10-17-2004, 07:14 PM
Ever heard about the level 1 Ozma challange? I've done it. You can't reach the final boss at level 1 but you can reach Ozma at level 1... and beat it at level 1 as well.

Necronopticous
10-17-2004, 07:18 PM
Yeah, maybe I'll give it a try. I like Final Fantasy IX, plus I'll be able to visit Bobby Corwen at level 1. Priceless.

Ultima Shadow
10-17-2004, 07:54 PM
FFVIII at lowlevel would be way to easy... hmmm... would FFVII lowlevel be possible?
No... you get EXP from the bosses... hmmm... do you get exp from bosses in FFV? I've forgot...

liamo
06-27-2005, 12:59 PM
i take my hat off to you gentlemen cause i cannot do them challenges i bow down to the masters

Craig
06-27-2005, 01:21 PM
What in God's name?

Fireblade13
08-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Impossible I can't believe it tidus has such low skill and auron does 20016 in the begging.

boys from the dwarf
12-13-2005, 05:29 PM
so seymours impossible without sphere grid but what about the other enimies surely theres something apart from seymour thats undefeatable. do you have yojimbo because his zanmato attack will kill seymour omnis but if yojimbos impossible to get to without dying your screwed.

raskerino
12-13-2005, 11:39 PM
I think you just revived an old thread... but anyways:

If you read it Seymour always gets the first turn obliterating the party. No chance for Yojimbo.

Tabris
12-14-2005, 07:36 PM
But still... congratulations for an impressive effort!!!

Cruise Control
12-14-2005, 09:13 PM
The fact that you came so far only to be halted in your tracks make me sad. But you did an amazing job!

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-14-2005, 09:30 PM
Please don't revive threads over four months old.