PDA

View Full Version : newbie, hi guys! (need to get into besaid temp with airship!)

coco69
09-14-2004, 10:18 AM
hi guys,

im new to the forum and altho the game has been out for a long time, i have just started playing ffx and as im sure u all remember, i have fallen absoltuely in love with the game. both me and my girlfriend cannot stop playing the game 24hours a day.

now heres the problem...

we've played the game so far without any aid of walkthroughs or guides. feeling rather frustrated we took a peek at some guides and have come to the realisation that it is impossible to beat the last bosses without the secret aeons and without the ultimate weapons.

so we've backtracked to the part with the airship, just before fighting final SIN and are having difficulty getting some parts.

we just managed to get the celestrial mirror, we've got yojimbo, but we cannot go back and enter besaid to get the destruction sphere because of dark valefor who is blocking the enterance.
how can i now get anima???
or is it too late becuase i was meant to get the destructions spheres at the start?
i have 5 of the 6 destructions spheres necessary except for the front left statue when u enter the underwater temple at baaj?

any help would be great! thanks guys!

Zifnab
09-14-2004, 10:34 AM
I had exactly the same problem on my first playthrough. Unless you want to level up a load the best thing you can do is summon Yojimbo and give him all your money, and hope he does Zanmato (instakill) on Valefor.

Armisael
09-14-2004, 06:03 PM
Hey coco69-nice name btw-,i believe Jenova·Rebirth is right,Yojimbo is the best solution,pray to use Zanmato otherwise you'll have a hard time without Anima to kill Dark Valefor.

coco69
09-14-2004, 10:45 PM
hey guys, thanks for the incredibly speedy responses! :)

okay, so we shall try using yojimbo...
i assume the best way is to gain the first attack, either with first strike and initiative. swap yuna in, then summon yojimbo. since he only will get one attack before dying we need to try and get zanmoto. we have seen zanmoto twice before.

whats the best way for him to get zanmoto?
do we need to pay him all our money?
does he only do it in overdrive?
is he most likely to use zanmoto if we get yuna to use grand summon yojimbo in overdrive and if we pay him all our money?

thanks again guys :)

SpiritWolf
09-15-2004, 02:06 AM
That seems like a good plan to beat Dark Valefor but i just want to say that it is no where near impossible to beat the game without the celestial weapons and secret aeons. All you need to do is level up a bit and get some good armor. I beat the game without any of the celestial weapons and Yojimbo as the only secret aeon and it was pretty easy.

Edit: then again since you have the pal version the final boss might be a bit tougher in your game.

coco69
09-15-2004, 05:16 AM
OMG THANK YOU ALL~!

in just 3 fights, me and my girlfriend defeated dark valefor :)
we had auron with first strike, subbed in yuna who grand summoned yojimbo and paid him 32,000 each time.
first 2 fights yojimbo used waikazashi, and the 3rd time he used zanmoto...

time to get anima and defeat sin!

OMG WE ARE SO RELIEVED THANKS FOR THE ADVICE! :)