PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Batman

Project G
09-14-2004, 10:39 AM
What is your favourite Batman

Zifnab
09-14-2004, 10:45 AM
The original series was so naff it was hilarious. POW!

fire_of_avalon
09-14-2004, 12:47 PM
I loved Batman: The Animated Series when I was a kid, cause it wasn't like any other cartoon I'd ever seen before. I followed the thing religiously. Then I watched Batman and Robin (the animated series), but I didn't watch much of the third one (The New Adventures of Batman, when Dick Grayson grows up and becomes Nightwing and Batman gets a new Robin, but I should have. Now I watch Teen Titans to see what happens in between animated series two and three. And because I'm a geek.

TheAbominatrix
09-14-2004, 01:03 PM
This one!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Abominatrix/Bats.jpg

Burtsplurt
09-14-2004, 04:52 PM
Adam West, by far. I would have went for the guy above, if only Robin had been at his side. :(

BatChao
09-14-2004, 06:13 PM
My fave would be the Batman in the current comics, which most resembles the Batman from the Gotham Knights portion of the animated series (after they revamped it and Tim Drake was Robin). The Batman Animated Series was just so awesome. Not only did they have great animation, directing, pacing, and storytelling, but they showed the darker side of Batman. I have the volume one DVD set... it's awesome. I can't wait for them to release the rest of the series.

Batman Beyond is also cool in it's own right... very creative. I liked it a lot as well. Too bad it got cancelled so soon.

Anyone catch the premier of the new Batman series last Saturday? It's called 'The Batman'. It's a complete depture from the original animated series by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini, which is interesting because these guy have had their hand in almost every Batman related animated series since the original one (Superman, Batman Beyond, Justice League, Teen Titans, etc). The new one is drawn by the guy who does the Jackie Chan Adventures. It's not bad... just different takes on the characters.

Now I watch Teen Titans to see what happens in between animated series two and three. And because I'm a geek.

Teen Titans is AWESOME! I love it! Though I'm pretty sure it's unrelated to the original Batman series. But still... it's hilarious.

Cz
09-14-2004, 06:30 PM
Adam West's was clearly the best TV show. There's just no argument. Batman surfed. And had Shark Repellant.

SomethingBig
09-14-2004, 08:54 PM
That new Batman cartoon on Kids WB, titled "The Batman", looks really good, from what I saw in the first episode. They should have made it for CN's Saturday Adult Swim, though, because there are a lot of maniacs in Batman that do disgusting things.

I watch Teen Titans, too. :p

Big D
09-14-2004, 10:36 PM
What is your favourite BatmanThis one (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3591508&thesection=news&thesubsection=world).

XxSephirothxX
09-15-2004, 12:07 AM
Eh, my favorite Batman was the one in the 90s comics, from the series Knightfall. You have to admit it was awesome. Batman taking down virtually every super-villian in Gotham with no sleep and the flu, then having his back broken in half by Bane was great. Then he set up a replacement, who decided to go crazy and start killing people...and the original Bats has to come reclaim the title position against an opponent who uses weaponry and brutality over stealth and agility...one awesome series! The graphic novels by Frank Miller, The Dark Knight Returns, were also quite good.

tomothy
09-15-2004, 08:36 AM
danny devito is a penguin!

SomethingBig
09-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Azar, I have the Knightfall novel. It's so freaking good.

TasteyPies
09-15-2004, 11:01 PM
First one was just so so so lame and mostly everything in it was SOOOOOOOO illogical. I grew up with the animated one and he was so badarse.

nik0tine
09-15-2004, 11:12 PM
I like fathers for justice batman.

eestlinc
09-15-2004, 11:42 PM
Michael Keaton.

Calliope
09-16-2004, 10:42 AM
HOLY FATHERS FOR JUSTICE BATMAN!

And then The Animated Series.

Teen Titans? Pffffft.