PDA

View Full Version : CD- rw software?

blue_midget192
09-14-2004, 06:43 PM
does any one know of where i can get (for definate, i dont want people just saying www.download.com ) a CD-rw software that is compatible with a sony CD-RW, and will be able to create movie disks? any one? please help :)

Zifnab
09-14-2004, 06:54 PM
I'm told Nero is a good one, along with something called Alcohol. My CD Rewriter came with Easy CD Creator which is evil, so I can't recommend anything else.

blue_midget192
09-14-2004, 06:59 PM
yea, i had nero..but it wont accept the sony cd-rw i have now got :( hhmm, is there such a thing as a patch for nero do you think, to make it accept my CD-RW?

Shoeberto
09-14-2004, 08:21 PM
What version of Nero was it and what type of CD burner is it? (other than just Sony)

I like burnatonce, personally, though I've had some problems with it lately.
http://www.burnatonce.com

You can't do VCDs with it, but it does a bang up job of burning ISOs, data CDs, music CDs, copying CDs, etc.

blue_midget192
09-14-2004, 09:06 PM
hhmm, well it was a very new version of nero, came with the comp. and the CD Burner is: Sony CDRX230E

Baloki
09-15-2004, 06:59 PM
Goto Sony's site and look for a driver and firmware upgrade, its probably just dodgy things like that :D

crono_logical
09-16-2004, 10:25 AM
Despite how new Nero is, you can get dodgy incomplete versions of it normally bundled with PCs programmed to only recognise certain drives (to try and counter piracy of Nero). If you got Nero with your PC, and the CDRW drive came with the PC too, then your PC supplier screwed up and sent you the wrong version of Nero, so go complain to them. If you got the CDRW drive seperately though, then you can't complain to them :p

Personally, I think VCDs are rubbish, low quality, and not worth doing, but then, chances are when you said "movie disc", you didn't mean that, but just meant a normal data CD with a movie file burnt on it, which can be played on any PC :p

stesia
09-16-2004, 01:32 PM
The nero that came with my computer was useless :mad: so i used roxio for a while then replaced it with the nero enterprise edition

Samuraid
09-20-2004, 05:48 AM
Roxio has been the choice for a while...until version 7 which is almost pure evil

blue_midget192
09-20-2004, 10:32 PM
Goto Sony's site and look for a driver and firmware upgrade, its probably just dodgy things like that :D

well i went there and couldn't find anyhitng to do with cd-rw :confused: maybe im jsut dense but if any one can find a page on the sony site about cd-rw's then i would be most pleased :)