PDA

View Full Version : Squall's voice

Dazzer
09-14-2004, 10:09 PM
I havent played Kingdom Hearts yet but I do know that Squall is portrayed by David Borenaz, I just want to know what people think of his performance? Was he a bad Squall or a great Squall or was he so-so?

DJZen
09-14-2004, 10:22 PM
He's not what I pictured Squall as sounding like, but he does a perfectly good job. Unfortunately he doesn't say his famous line.

Del Murder
09-15-2004, 02:57 AM
He was whatever. (aka good)

Trumpet Thief
09-15-2004, 03:56 AM
chaos: I'd say the performance was good.

Trowa: He caught my idea of Squall...

Jolts
09-15-2004, 07:10 AM
Other than battle cries, he sounded too much like a robot, to me.

Pheesh
09-15-2004, 10:37 AM
He was really good.

Xander
09-15-2004, 06:58 PM
I really liked Leon-Squall. I thought his voice suited him pretty well. I probably liked him more than the proper Squall, since FFVIII was sucky and all, but that's another matter. ;D

Giga Guess
09-15-2004, 11:49 PM
I thought he did a fantastic job. That subtle, dry, brooding persona that was so famous in Angel translated well.

But it would've been better if he would have, just once said "Whatever..."

TasteyPies
09-16-2004, 12:02 AM
Leon sounded perfect to me but I agree he should have said whatever.

Necronopticous
09-16-2004, 12:22 AM
Why do you think he changed his name! He's not the "whatever" man anymore, and he doesn't want to be associated in any way, shape or form with the guy who often said "whatever". That was Squall, this is LEON; lo and behold the never-ambiguous semi-clone of Squall!!!!!!!

Jolts
09-16-2004, 12:34 AM
He changed his name in disgrace of himself when he failed to protect his world.

Giga Guess
09-16-2004, 03:10 AM
Well, there's always KH2...

DJZen
09-16-2004, 06:56 AM
Not much of a name change though, he's just using the first half of his last name.

Resha
09-16-2004, 03:28 PM
Meh. David Borenaz?! is he the Angel guy?!?! :confused: I didn't like 'Squall' in KH. That's the only fault I can find with KH! SQUALL~! Whoops...

I mean...Leon.

There's no way Squall would be like that!!! No no no no no way! Let leon just be someone who isn;t Squall...

Ultima Shadow
09-19-2004, 12:37 AM
Great job but I have to say that... it didn't really feel like "Squall". Squall's the "whatever-man" it feels like this is someone else...

But I actually think Cloud was even more "not himself but someone else."

Baloki
09-19-2004, 02:01 AM
I really liked Leon-Squall. I thought his voice suited him pretty well. I probably liked him more than the proper Squall, since FFVIII was sucky and all, but that's another matter. ;D

*Smites*

I mean what am I doing here *whistles innocently*

Good game that KH, urrrrr *runs*

GhandiOwnsYou
09-19-2004, 04:49 AM
a) good voice acting, he portrayed squalls serious yet personally apathetic view nicely.

B) he DID say whatever. i don't remember when, but i KNOW he said it, i believe it was either to yuffie or Sora. Seriously, i can hear it in my head right now, as i type.

c) yeah, definitely a toned down version of Squall, and the personality was wrong. He wasn't tortured and whiny anymore, or lost without rinoa like squall would have been. and the real squall would ahve been in soras party, kicking ass and taking names. Like hell squall would have jsut let some little kid take care of things.

Ouch!
09-19-2004, 04:53 AM
I also remember Leon saying whatever to Yuffie, but it was probably in text with no audio.

Ashton
09-22-2004, 01:00 PM
I like Leon/Squall voice but I dislike that he changed his name to Leon i think it should be SQUALL not LEON!!! :mad:
Thank you.
and good night....

Pheesh
09-22-2004, 01:36 PM
I mean what am I doing here *whistles innocently*

Good game that KH, urrrrr *runs*

grrrr.

you cannot run from captain insano. You may have got away now but where ever you are me and my pet salt will hunt you down (read more about me in the sidekick needed thread......yes that's right, i'm so insane that i do self advetising MWAHAHAHAHAHA).