PDA

View Full Version : To achieve 9999?

coco69
09-15-2004, 08:58 AM
hi guys,

me and my girlfriend are playing ffx for the first time and we're yet to complete the game, but we're almost there! we've just uncovered auron and yuna's celestials weapons as well as all the secret aeons.

i've been searching around the forums and many ppl talk abt doing 9999 damage per standard physical attack and having over 9999hp....

whats the best way to achieve such stats? as we've almost entirely maxxed out the sphere board!

thanks all.

that must have sounded ridiculous! sorry all, just realised that you can use nodes that have been activated by other party members. now it makes a lot more sense how u can achieve 9999 stats!

where is the best place to level up? im finding that omega ruins is good but hard and the zanarkand ruins are easy but still give loads of AP.

i'm low on key spheres where do most of you recommend obtaining level 3 and 4 spheres?

Please don't double post, you can use the edit/delete button to add more to your post ~ Xan

Heartless
09-15-2004, 02:44 PM
You should go to Omega Ruins,this is really a very good place to advance your characters and i think some of the enemies there give you Lv3 and Lv4 key spheres.So good luck buddy.

Halenite
09-15-2004, 05:05 PM
Right, but please don't double-post.

If you see a double-post, please use the Report button to tell a moderator, rather than telling the poster. Thanks ~ Xan

Xander
09-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Here's something I posted in a thread ages ago, about level 3 and 4 key spheres, which may help a little:

Zanarkand is great for level 3 spheres, you can get loads there... (I can't remember which monsters though).

As for level 4 you can bribe them from the Chimera Brain for 196,000 for 2. I think the Chimera Brain is a monster found in the Calmlands. If you have captured it in the Monster Arena this should be easier.

That's all I remember, but if you try searching this forum for "key sphere" or something similar there's a fair few past topics which might help you.

Omega Ruins is good to get AP, but if you are getting lots from Zanarkand keep fighting there for a while?

I can't remember much else about levelling.

To get OVER 9999HP and to do over 9999 damage you need various weapons and/or items, try the weapon FAQs here for more information on that and there's lots of old threads, which I can't be bothered to look up now, but yeah. There's a lot about it here, if you just browse through or search the forum. =)

Necronopticous
09-15-2004, 09:06 PM
You can easily achieve 9999 damage with every attack by using one of Rikku's mixes called Trio of 9999. There are many ways to mix this, I'm not going to list them all.

Old Manus
09-16-2004, 04:52 PM
There are many great ways of training, but for the quick, easy ways, you unfortunately need to have a strong team (8000-9000hp, str in mid 100s)

But i have a great way of training fast! Have everyone with weapons with overdrive>AP ability. Have one character attack Don tonberry(Monster arena) and it(tonberry) will counter and kill your character. Revive, and attack with same character again. Continue this, then flee, and you should recieve around 300,000AP.

hockeydude
07-11-2005, 02:31 AM
wouldnt fleeing mean you lose the battle? meaning you get no AP?????
i do not understand this ap trick everyone talks about :s

CaptRory
07-11-2005, 02:52 AM
It can be a little confusing. The weapon skill Overdrive ->AP converts what would have been added to your Overdrive Gauge to AP. Therein is the basis of the trick. You configure your party so one character takes the fall in a very painful way and he and the rest of the group cashes in the Overdrive points you'd normally gain for AP. The sacrificial lamb character that dies needs to have his Gauge fill when he takes damage. The others need their Gauges to fill when a comrade takes damage. All their weapons should have Triple Overdrive, Triple AP, and Overdrive -> AP. (There are guides that outline this trick on www.gamefaqs.com) The sacrificial character should be one of your prime attackers like Tidus, Wakka, etc. Someone who has defeated a majority of the enemies you've engaged. The damage dealt back by the Monster is determined by the number of enemies the offending character has killed. I've almost maxed out my characters' level pool (99 can be banked total if I recall) in just one fight. This is a great trick to use in combination with stat maxing, erasing every sphere in the grid that isn't +4 with Clear Spheres(I think that's what they're called) and replacing them with the +4 stat spheres you win from defeating the bosses in the Monster Arena.

disapointedchild
07-11-2005, 05:04 AM
Level up around the save sphere in the ruins. Untill your ready/powerful, to stray away from it.

Quare
07-11-2005, 09:06 AM
Don't Don toneberry me ! Cactuar king is the best :D Don toneberry dosent always kill ur weakest guys.. (or summfin like that i dont know how *karma* works)

Old Manus
07-11-2005, 04:28 PM
THE THREAD COMES BACK FROM THE DEAD

[/rhyme]

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-11-2005, 04:48 PM
And gets beat back down.

This thread is almost a year old, don't revive new threads.