PDA

View Full Version : HOLY FREAKING CRAP, NEW FFVII PS2 GAME!!!

Jorginus
09-15-2004, 08:20 PM
I know I haven't posted much in this board, but this should help get me settled in. Everyone, set your faces to STUNNED.

http://media.adventchildren.net/scans/jp0915.jpg

A scan from Shounen Jump for the new FFVII game has surfaced. The game has been titled Final Fantasy VII: Dirge Of Cerberus and features Vincent as the main character. It should be noted that Midgar is shown in ruins, indicating that the game will be a sequel, rather than a prequel. The story of Dirge of Cerberus takes place 1 year after Advent Children. Vincent, while in a town that was supposed to be peaceful now, is attacked by a mysterious group called "DC" (possibly Dirge of Cerberus). He also mentions a place where he will be meeting Reeve. Dirge of Cerberus is scheduled for a 2005 release on the PS2, though its genre has not been confirmed. Some new screens from AC are also in the scan, though they may contain minor spoilers.
-Adventchildren.net

iluvpenelo
09-15-2004, 08:33 PM
awesome!!!! i have to complete VII

DJZen
09-15-2004, 08:46 PM
me ---> :twak: <--- Squenix

auron_790
09-15-2004, 09:04 PM
Oh My God!!! That looks amazing even after only a few screenshots but i bet it'll be a while untill its released in Europe!

Zifnab
09-15-2004, 09:09 PM
Don't screw this up SE, don't you dare screw this up!

Ashton
09-15-2004, 09:49 PM
If they will I kill them!
I hunt everyone one of them if they will :mad:
wich I doubt they will...

XxSephirothxX
09-15-2004, 10:07 PM
*Drools* God, this is gonna be awesome...I wonder if it'll be an action RPG. Vincent would be a good character for such a game.

SomethingBig
09-15-2004, 10:15 PM
Square revealing new FFVII screenshots of anything is like throwing meat in front of a dog. Yeesh.

Me? I'm not all that excited. Sure it looks cool, but FFX had a much bigger effect on me than I had ever expected. I actually lost quite a lot of faith in Square, so I'm not really expecting much from their future games.

TasteyPies
09-15-2004, 10:16 PM
Hmm, interesting but im not getting my hopes up.

Jolts
09-15-2004, 10:42 PM
I'm beginning to think that Before Crisis and this new one aren't prequels or sequels, but spinoffs. With that in mind, Cloud probably won't be playable, so I automatically like it less, but I'll still get it (if I can).

This new one also seems to be more of an action type of game, and not an RPG. If it handles like Devil May Cry and Castlevania: Lament Of Innocense, then I'll like it :D.

Ashton
09-15-2004, 10:45 PM
I got a good feeling about it...

Shockwave Pulsar
09-15-2004, 11:07 PM
I think you are right jolts, here's the info:
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/548/548211p1.html

Chris
09-15-2004, 11:29 PM
Don't believe the hype...we need "solid" proofs.
And so far...I've seen nothing substantional.

SadisticStreetSoldie
09-15-2004, 11:34 PM
I LOVE SQUARE :D!!!! Something tells me that something bad happens to Cloud and Tifa though... :(

Shoeberto
09-15-2004, 11:57 PM
I think it's overkill. And FF7 is my favorite game in the series. I would've been happy with just the movie.

tang1230
09-16-2004, 02:36 AM
Great! I'm pretty hyped up about this, but would like to see more details before getting my hopes too high on SE.

Erdrick Holmes
09-16-2004, 02:42 AM
If I see one more VII game I'm gonna kill myself.

Starcrest
09-16-2004, 02:50 AM
i agree though FFVII is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, game in the series, i think SE is overdoing the sequels/prequels things here. Like alot of people said or think, over kill...though I am interested in this game though, i to b honest

Dragoon Kain
09-16-2004, 03:19 AM

agreed. though this one sounds pretty cool.

SomethingBig
09-16-2004, 03:26 AM
I know we all wanted more FFVII, but this is just ridiculous. I was hyped about Advent Children and slightly ecstatic about Before Crisis, but this one just doesn't excite me at all.

Jolts, I don't know what you mean by "spinoff", but this game is definitely either a prequel or sequel starring Vincent.

Big D
09-16-2004, 05:30 AM
Each year, several people make a fake poster about a forthcoming FF sequel. There was an FFVII-2 poster at April Fool's last year, and a couple of FFVIII-2 ads since then.

However, several sites with info on the same title is enough to hint at a genuine possibility, for me.

I'd be the first to agree that VV deserves his own story - a deep, troubled character with a still-vague back-story.

We just have to hope that the sheer speed that they're producing new stories won't compromise the sheer quality that set FFVII so far above the competition. I have faith in them not to let blatant sequel-itis drag the series down in the way that it affected The Matrix.

Edit: Square-Enix have trademarked the name (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=2766679/K=Dirge+of+cerberus/v=2/SID=e/l=WS1/R=1/H=0/IPC=nz/SHE=0/*-http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=1278), thus suggesting they're intending to use it.

Jolts
09-16-2004, 05:39 AM
Jolts, I don't know what you mean by "spinoff"
It has a story and plot of its own, and is not directly connected the original, Final Fantasy VII, in any way, with the exception of returning characters. Just like The Scorpion King is a spinoff of the recent The Mummy series.

zacks_clone
09-16-2004, 05:39 AM

Jorginus
09-16-2004, 08:08 AM
Read the above article again. It's a sequel, one year after AC. And I hope Square makes every ridiculous FFVII related game/movie/whatever they can think of. To hell with moderation, it's been seven years without any closure to the best game they ever made. Make a Yuffie only game for all I care (in fact, the idea excites me a bit).

Something tells me that something bad happens to Cloud and Tifa though...

Tifa? Naw. In fact, I have a strong feeling she'll have a role in the game, if not a 2nd playable character. After all, if this game rips off DMC as much as it seems, keep in mind that Dante also featured martial arts. :) As for Cloud, well.....let's hope for a happy ending.

Ultima Shadow
09-16-2004, 02:35 PM
Seems intressting... Squareenix... please, don't screw this up.

Armisael
09-16-2004, 02:45 PM

aeris2001x2
09-17-2004, 12:00 AM
Seems intressting... Squareenix... please, don't screw this up.

Amen. just thinking about ffX-2 scares the hell out of me :eek: . will ffVII suffer the same fate?

Trumpet Thief
09-17-2004, 12:13 AM
Trowa: ...

Final Fantasy VII= OMG I luv u square!!!

Final Fantasy Advent Children=Kewl a Movie! No more mysteries, yay!

Final Fantasy VII Before Crisis=Too much, make another inspirational game instead!

Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus= WTF?!

chaos: Basically, AC was more than enough IMO. Rather than milking a great game for all it's worth, wouldn't it be good to start from scratch, try to make another legendary FF with new characters, storyline, timeline etc?

Rubedo: It might look cool, but all these games about FFVII are making me wanna throw up...

TasteyPies
09-17-2004, 12:45 AM
......its sounds lame.

But, I may be proven wrong.

Carnage
09-17-2004, 12:46 AM
Wow this is gonna kick SO MUCH ASS!!!!!! I remeber after X-2 came out square said they had no intention on building off any of the other final fantasy's. Now there are gonna be 4 installments of 7!!! BC, Original, AC, DC. Im glad vincents the main character. Vincent was always my favorite even though his stats or overdrive werent great.
WE MUST FIND SOMEONE TO DECODE THIS INTO ENGLISH!!!!!!

Edit: What does dirge mean. HAHAHA i already have a sig of it

Mikztsu
09-17-2004, 01:19 AM
Sounds great. =) *excited*

Big D
09-17-2004, 02:49 AM
It's funny that AC hasn't even come out yet and a few people are acting like it's already been and gone. Before Crisis only came out the other day, too. Yet there seems to be this pre-emptive sense of gloom, as though some people have already played - and been disappointed by - all of the upcoming FFVII sequels.

Often, it's better to wait and see what something's like before dismissing it out of hand.

"OMG, some hairy twerp from New Zealand is making three movies based on that old 1950s fantasy story. How lame! One movie's more than enough, but it's doomed to suck anyway because it couldn't possibly be good".

Starcrest
09-17-2004, 02:52 AM
in guess you got a point BigD...i think my mom said that people who read the book's didn't think the movies'd be any good, and they were wrong...so who knows, we may be wrong about these games and movie as well

Big D
09-17-2004, 02:57 AM
Whether AC, BC and DoC are going to be good or bad, it's hard to say 'cause we haven't seen 'em yet. They might be astounding successes, they might suck outright. It'll end up being a matter of personal opinion as much as anything, but I reckon it's important to give them a chance, first.

Of course, many people mightn't like the idea of an FFVII sequel; that, however, doesn't mean they'll hate the sequels when they actually come out:)

aeris2001x2
09-17-2004, 03:02 AM
i am definitly one of those ppl. i,m so worried they will ruin the ffVII story. but i cant judge till i play it...and it may well kick ass yet.

Starcrest
09-17-2004, 03:08 AM
here here i agree

Big D
09-17-2004, 03:27 AM
Even if AC ends with Cloud transforming into a butterfly and flying away to Magical Fairly La-La Land to live with the Happy Pretty Elves of Doom... FFVII itself will remain the same. Whatever they decide to do in the sequels, it can't really change the original story. If the sequels turn out to be utter poopie, then we can just ignore them and pity Square for messing up a chance to build on a past success.

aeris2001x2
09-17-2004, 03:32 AM
definitly. if they suck, then they will be disregarded as having never happened!

Trumpet Thief
09-17-2004, 04:28 AM
chaos: I'm not saying that "OMG teh suk 'cause they're sequels". I am almost certain they are probably going to be great. My only problem is that they are using FFVII to much. I loved the game, but I'd rather see a new story, then based on the same thing.

Rubedo: No offense, and this is just our opinion. Granted, I will still get the game, play it, and enjoy it.

aeris2001x2
09-17-2004, 04:31 AM
chaos: I'm not saying that "OMG teh suk 'cause they're sequels". I am almost certain they are probably going to be great. My only problem is that they are using FFVII to much. I loved the game, but I'd rather see a new story, then based on the same thing.

Rubedo: No offense, and this is just our opinion. Granted, I will still get the game, play it, and enjoy it.

thats exactly my feeling. even if it is good, i dont think it will come close to the original. i think they should put more energy into ensuring ffXIII and ffXIV are really good :)

Trumpet Thief
09-17-2004, 04:33 AM
chaos: Exactly! Rather than overusing the perfect FF, try to create something just like it, or even closer. I would rather want a great FF, than another sequel. Although, I still think the sequels are pretty cool, but apparently, they are putting them ahead of FFXII.

aeris2001x2
09-17-2004, 04:52 AM
There just milking it 4 all its worth. its there right i guess, as long as it does not become like the star wars situation...shudder... :eep:

Erdrick Holmes
09-17-2004, 06:32 AM
I think that if Square Enix made a sequel to VI where it shows the trials of the mother and father of Terra and it would then show how the Esper World got destroyed then I'd actually give them credit.

aeris2001x2
09-17-2004, 06:35 AM
i,d prefer an ffVI remake (without voices) though...

Jolts
09-17-2004, 07:45 AM
Oh yeah? Well, I'd prefer an FFVII remake with voice overs :p.

Ancient Goddess
09-17-2004, 07:51 AM
I've talked about this somewhere else when I heard it...and I still can't believe it. Just to save time, I'm just going to post what I said about it earlier.

I'm anxious to see what it's going to do with Advent Children, but don't get me wrong, I'm not jumping up and down like most to see it. Just a curiousity.

Let's see...would I get it? The answer to that is a definite no. I was already stupid enough to get a spinoff/sequel of another Final Fantasy, and I will never do that again (why I still have FF X-2 in my collection, only God knows...). I simply didn't like enough characters in FFVII to get all of its merchandise or any of its new games...the best people in it, in my opinion, were Reno, Rufus, and Yuffie. I don't see many people rushing to the stores to buy a game based off of the three, and I certainly don't see many people running to purchase this one either, but who knows, I could be wrong. If they wanted to make a lot of money, make one solely based on Sephiroth's life when he first joined SOILDER (without Cloud and the Planet's Crisis). That would probably make tons more money than this one.

Anyway, this is probably one of the many things Square will be launching in mood of its popularity of Advent Children. I suppose I should just get used to the fact.

Black Haze
09-17-2004, 12:56 PM
Omg... please kill me... not another sequel to Square's crapiest FF ever... :eep:

Mo-Nercy
09-17-2004, 01:03 PM
Omg... please kill me... not another sequel to Square's crapiest FF ever... :eep:
It's true that there are people who think FF7 is overrated. And it's also true that there are people who prefer other FFs over FF7. But I don't think you'll even find anyone who considers FF7 the worst one. Millions and millions of fans across the world can't be wrong. You however, I'm not so sure about *drops issue*

It does sound like Square's milking it. But Vincent's a cool guy. The screens look beautiful. I gotta say that the name does draw attention and raise questions.

It also sounds like AC's gonna end in a stupid cliffhanger just so everyone will have to go out and buy DoC.

Polaris
09-17-2004, 01:05 PM
*start to feels sorrow for don't have PS2* Why? Why? Anyway it'd be the first game that i'd buy if I had one! I saw some screenshots... HOLY CRAP, it's really good!!

Xander
09-17-2004, 01:15 PM
I liked FFVII but Vincent was one of my least favourite characters. And I don't think the game really needs a sequel. So meh, I'm not that excited.

Dante WolfWood
09-17-2004, 10:36 PM
AC,BC,CC,DC...I think theres a pattern, maybe enix is gonna go to ZC....:p

ZeZipster
09-17-2004, 11:28 PM
CC?

GhandiOwnsYou
09-18-2004, 02:16 AM
i got a few points to make.

a) will NOT be as sucktasticly un-FF like as X-2 was (it was a good enough game, jsut DEFINITELY not FF). Think about it. It was Rikku, and Yuna without the burden. it was BOUND to be ultra happy. this is VINCENT VALENTINE. he will not be giving massages to Reeve as a mini game. it's freaking VINCENT. this will rival most other FF's in terms of dark storylines in my opinion.

b) as long as the games are decent, i dare say run the thing up a wall. seriously, FF is cool as a one timer, it's survived that way for eons now. but if they CAN keep up quality, then why not? eventually it will get old, but they should be smart enough to stop before then. This, in my opinion, is really only the second "sequel". The cell phone game just seems like something to blow time on riding a train or something. (when have you EVER played a cellphone game in lue of your PS2?) the Movie is NOT A GAME. it's a bit of clarification, added storyline. If they tacked it on to the end of FFVII, or added it to the beggining of DC, would you really be complaining? plus, it what, like 50 min?

c) this one worries me. click the shonen jump scan. look about an inch below the logo, on the right. Blue FFVII Meteor that says .... "COMPILATION of FINAL FANTASY VII" in those exact words. what the hell does THAT mean? is this game to include a ps2 re release of FFVII and before crisis? bundled with AC? this one worries me, a lot. any one with info please get back to me before i heave in panic...

Big D
09-18-2004, 03:23 AM
this is VINCENT VALENTINE. he will not be giving massages to Reeve as a mini game. Aw. But it doesn't hurt to hope, right?

Even with its upbeat, occasionally air-headed cast, X-2 managed to generate a dark tone quite often. Shuyin's back-story, and his present-story, come to think of it, were fairly sinister. But I see what you mean. Vincent's overall tone will is much more brooding and darkly spiritual than the others.b) as long as the games are decent, i dare say run the thing up a wall. seriously, FF is cool as a one timer, it's survived that way for eons now. but if they CAN keep up quality, then why not? eventually it will get old, but they should be smart enough to stop before then. This, in my opinion, is really only the second "sequel". The cell phone game just seems like something to blow time on riding a train or something. (when have you EVER played a cellphone game in lue of your PS2?) the Movie is NOT A GAME. it's a bit of clarification, added storyline. If they tacked it on to the end of FFVII, or added it to the beggining of DC, would you really be complaining? plus, it what, like 50 min?
Excellent points. AC is going to be about 100 minutes, give or take, so whatever happens is going to happen fairly quickly. It'll be good to see what kind of 'journey' Vincent goes on, to set up DoC.c) this one worries me. click the shonen jump scan. look about an inch below the logo, on the right. Blue FFVII Meteor that says .... "COMPILATION of FINAL FANTASY VII" in those exact words. what the hell does THAT mean? is this game to include a ps2 re release of FFVII and before crisis? bundled with AC? this one worries me, a lot. any one with info please get back to me before i heave in panic...Probably a mis-translation, I'd guess. Many Japanese publications like to throw in semi-random English words, in order to gain extra 'coolness'. Compilation, here, probably means either sequel or continuation. The only way I can see it being a compilation would be if the game 'compiled' Vincent's entire story, including what happened to him pre-FFVII. I doubt they'd bother with that, it'd be better to tell any relevant details of his past by making them come up in the context of his 'present day' story.

And for the general interest of those who're still wondering... a dirge is a mournful song, like a lament for the dead. So, a 'Dirge of Cerberus' would be a sad song about the mythical three-headed dog.

Carnage
09-18-2004, 05:25 AM
X-2 should not have been made. But it was good. if they do this for every FF i will die a little more inside. a sequal to FF8 would be cool cause i was so lost at the end of that game.

For that you must eat stale cookies![!]I will now brutally, rip out your eyes and skull:love::love::love::love: you to death. *takes off pants*[/!]

EDIT: If you know that what you are posting will be edited, don't do it in the first place. Thanks. -SD

Del Murder
09-18-2004, 06:13 AM
It's funny that AC hasn't even come out yet and a few people are acting like it's already been and gone. Before Crisis only came out the other day, too. Yet there seems to be this pre-emptive sense of gloom, as though some people have already played - and been disappointed by - all of the upcoming FFVII sequels.

Well, in my case I don't really care about a DVD movie and a game for a system I'm never going to own, but I am interested in this PS2 project. Vincent was one of my favorite characters and I will certainly check this out if it is ever made.

Flashback007
09-18-2004, 08:37 AM
Is it just me or does anybody else have a bad feeling about this? Square-Enix has so many project at this time, that it only could go wrong. :mad: Stupid Square-Enix do usefull things like collecting stamps......euhm.......no.......do things like bring out new games or remakes of old games, but don't keep making things about one and the same games. It makes me going crazy.

Triple T
09-18-2004, 01:58 PM
Oh yay!! I'm so excited!! I can't believe Square-Enix made another FFVII game!! :rolleyes:

Seriously, BOO!! I'll play it, but FFVII was my least favorite FF. ;_;

oloz
09-18-2004, 07:10 PM
Not a fan of the Action RPG... :eep:

Mr. Graves
09-19-2004, 02:58 AM
Now, if It has the same gameplay formula as FF7 (Probably too much to hope here.), I might give this one a chance. But I think they're blowing FF7 waaaaaaaaaaay out of proportion with this game n' movies n' things.

GhandiOwnsYou
09-19-2004, 04:14 AM
mmhmm. the only FF i can't see with a sequel would ahve to be nine. It' had a happy fluffy ending, all nice and pieced together. FFVII finished in the middle of an apocalypse, and FFVIII resolved without ever tying up loose ends with time compression and seifers story, etc. and FF X finished with the "death" of the main character, and the other character in tears. those just lend themselves to sequels like i dunno what. My guess is FFVIII is on the list for the future.

as a side point, does anyone realize that Kingdom Hearts was probably a strategic point? seriously.....re introduce ALL the old characters in high res, get the nonstalgia going for cloud and yuffie and aerith and cid? ....THEN release movies and sequels? this is ALSO what makes me think FFVIII is coming. Seriously, think about it. I know after i played that i had a hankering for the old FF's, and it WOULD be a sly way to build up a desire for sequels.

Then Again, maybe they were testing the waters? Would gamers respond to seeing the old characters again in a new game, with a different role and story? then after it was succesful, all hell broke loose with the sequelness, because people WOULD buy it for the characters. (seriously, how many of you woulda bought it without squall and cloud in it? a DISNEY game.... seriously....)

aeris2001x2
09-19-2004, 04:16 AM
u forget to include ffI-VI in your analysis of whether there could be a sequel :mad2: lol.

Cz
09-19-2004, 12:36 PM
Sorry, but this doesn't really excite me. The novelty of extending existing storylines has worn off, and I can't see this game living up to everyone's huge expectations. It might be good, but it probably won't be great.

Old Manus
09-19-2004, 05:10 PM
I'm not excited. Square goes along at a nice pace until FFX, when they spin-off FFX-2, then they make all these 'Tactics' games, CC for GAMECUBE, then there are rumours of a film for FFVII, and a sequel for FFVII, ALL BEFORE FFXI IS RELEASED(in europe).

And all of these games really were generally rubbish (FFX-2, tactics).

It's all phsychology. You see the new game out, you know it won't be as good as the original, but buy it anyway because you just HAVE to know what happens next.

If AC is bad, I will stop buying these waste of time spin-offs.

Starcrest
09-19-2004, 06:40 PM
Wait a minute. Tactics for the ps was a good game. Tactics advanced, well, lets just say imo i couldn't finish the game. Almost everyone who liked/likes FFVII is excited about the movie, just read any of it's forums. But the two new games, though, most people are just like...'eh, it's there, i'll try it, unlike the movie were alot of ppl are like 'ohmygosh,' about it.

Erdrick Holmes
09-20-2004, 12:29 AM
I think if they made FFVII: Beach Vollyball Im gonna think that they really hit the bottom of the barrel.

Kami
09-20-2004, 01:28 AM
I didn't even know they were actually having a sequel...!!! I want Cloud to be the main character ;_;...

Carnage
09-20-2004, 08:06 PM
If you read the first post or any other FF news you would know the game is based around vincent.

Starcrest
09-21-2004, 12:01 AM
yeah no really

Giga Guess
09-21-2004, 01:28 AM
I'm approaching this the same way I'm approaching Advent Children. With cautious apprehension. IMO, it will go one of two ways:
1.) Absolutely to die for. I mean, they hav, in both cases, a very strong storyline to work from.
2.) Absolute Crap. The law of sequels people, and this one has some mighty big shoes to fill.

I figure when/if it comes out, I'll give it a rent.

Starcrest
09-21-2004, 02:13 AM
sounds like a plan

Skogs
09-24-2004, 03:42 PM
They'd better do a better job than they did with FFX-2.

Rusty
09-24-2004, 04:24 PM
I don't mind the idea of a sequel to this game. I don't love it either. FF7 was one of the best Final Fantasy's, but I reckon they should have left it at the movie Advent Children.

Skogs
09-25-2004, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I think that Squenix need to stop faffing about rehashing old ideas and get cracking on the next FF!

Chris
09-25-2004, 12:05 AM
But they are...FFXII has yet to be released.

aeris2001x2
09-25-2004, 12:06 AM
they should finish making ffXIII and finish planning ffXIV instead of sequals

Chris
09-25-2004, 12:08 AM
You go girl :shame:

You're a guy right? Oh god I feel so embarrassed :shame:

Starcrest
09-25-2004, 12:37 AM
firstly who knows if a XIII is in progress? and if so wouldn't we have heard a lil something on it? atleast like, hey, another FF game's coming out, suprise, stuff like dat? but yeah, they should get finishin up on XIII and get crackin XIV

aeris2001x2
09-25-2004, 12:40 AM
of course they all. they are always several games ahead. There probably brainstorming ffXV right now!

Chris
09-25-2004, 12:45 AM
I'm praying that they'll eventually release another game on the Gamecube. Please Square...another FF game on the Cube :rolleyes2

Starcrest
09-25-2004, 11:16 AM
didn't nintendo have to buy the rights for a FF game for CG? and, i'm not sure, but i dont think CC did so well...did it?

aeris2001x2
09-27-2004, 06:11 PM
You go girl :shame:

You're a guy right? Oh god I feel so embarrassed :shame:

Lol. dont worry about it. i am named after Aeris after all :p . I dont see it as an insult at all :cool:

Blue Typhoon
09-29-2004, 03:01 AM
Kinda' old news here...but its still gonna' be awesome!!!!!

The Shoeless Hobo
09-29-2004, 06:39 AM
I think if they made FFVII: Beach Vollyball Im gonna think that they really hit the bottom of the barrel.

I think you should delete that post. If Square-Enix see it, they might steal the idea off you and release FFVII: Beach Vollyball on PS2. :p

Starcrest
09-29-2004, 08:05 PM
i'd literally cry if that happened :cry: and bsides, not enough characters for a whole volleyball game

Ouch!
09-29-2004, 09:08 PM
You know, everyone keeps mentioning that they should have left it with the movie Advent Children. I really think that this depends on how exactly Advent Children ends.

Vincent seems to be playing a fairly important role, as he is seen interacting with Cloud more than the other characters do. Really, the only other person we've had screens of Cloud with is Tifa in the church, presumably after her fight with Loz. Sure, they've mentioned a battle where all of the characters go against the three Sephiroth clones, but other than that, not much.

Then again, it can end well and tie up Cloud's story and then open up to events that will take place for Vincent in Dirge of Cerberus. Like I've said elsewhere, I doubt that Square Enix said, "Let's make a movie," and then when that went over well with fans mentioned Before Crisis and Dirge of Cerberus. I bet they had this going from the beginning. I'm sure the two sequels will connect in a way. That won't be so bad.

Starcrest
09-30-2004, 01:38 AM
meh, i guess you have a point, but why not release all three at the same time rather then spread it out?

Ouch!
09-30-2004, 02:20 AM
First of all, I doubt we'll ever get Before Crisis outside of Japan. Even if they ported it to a handheld system, the online features wouldn't work out very well.

That leaves Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus. There's time elapsed between the two, it makes sense to me to release the first and then the second. Give people time to get their hands on Advent Children and then shove Dirge of Cerberus down their throats.

Blue Typhoon
09-30-2004, 02:30 AM
Yeah, Advent Children should come out before Dirge of Cerberus, if not at the same time. Same time releases wouldn't be all that cool, but its probably whats going to happen.

Also, I've heard about upgrades in US cell phones, and saying that Before the Crisis could come out here. If it does come out at all, it will be for a handheld system. I think, anyway.

BTW, nice sig, Zaphier.

Starcrest
09-30-2004, 02:58 AM
well, makes sense now to me Zaphier, ty

fire_of_avalon
09-30-2004, 07:15 PM
I don't know what to think. To be honest, though I am super excited about Advent Children, FFVII would've been ok WITHOUT a sequal at all. I know most people don't agree with me, but I think the story telling in the game itself was fantastic enough to justify the cliffhanger ending. Perhaps, even, this could've been a Final Fantasy where things didn't work out for the best. Would that really be so terrible?

I just really don't want to see overkill here. Contrary to many beliefs, it IS possible to do way way way too much of something, and I think that this is bordering on that. Even if Dirge of Cerberus is an amazing game, does that make it necessary to the Final Fantasy VII title? I don't understand why we need all this closure. To be honest, if the characters were realistic, we wouldn't have closure at all. These people would go on with their lives (unless, of course, they were dead, obviously) and it would be nice and boring.

What am I trying to say here? I don't know. So much about this makes me nervous. I guess I'll just wait and see.

One winged angel of death
10-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Of course i mean after all it's perfect since and vincent is the main character....Dirge of Cerebus is comeing out sometime late in 2005...and the inuyasha game is comeing out this november and kdh2is comeing out as well in spring of 2005 oh and the itdeki street with Cloud, Tifa, and dragon slayers ppl comeing out to ba answered.....oh and XI is comeing out for psp and ps2 as well sooner or later...you should know ppl who got the latest game informer told you.

Starcrest
10-27-2004, 08:02 PM
XI already out for PS2 there buddy

10-29-2004, 10:31 AM
wait what??? the new one with the life after ff6???? it's out??!! wow....well i guess game informer could've been wrong......

Rostum
10-29-2004, 11:59 AM
Final Fantasy XI came out in Japan around two years ago and the PC version came to NA last year in October and the PS2 version came out earlier this year around March. It's online.

There is no game with the life after FF6, at least there's nothing I've heard, and usualy I'm not that wrong either.

10-29-2004, 12:19 PM
Well you really can rely on game informer....and i didn't know... i've only been into final fantasy from oh about 9 months.... and my friend gave me ff7 because when it came out 1 i didn't have a play station i had a nintendo and 2 i was about 6 yrs old......i'm turning 13 soon...oh well.....srry for info i got that was wrong......but the inuyasha game legend of the cursed mask is comeing out for ps2 on November 1st 10 days before my b-day!

Vincent like's MUFFINS
11-20-2004, 04:32 AM
What i want to see in DoC is :shoot: hehehehehe and an ammo limit!
Scean in game:vincent madly shooting,turns corner,shoots only to find hes out of ammo,grabs enemy with claw and rips chunks out ,steals ammo.sound good?and for materia.....having buildings that burn with fire,water freezes,ect.

Dirge of Cerberus! :choc: Wark!

redxiiii
11-22-2004, 08:16 PM
any1 know whenitz cumin out

11-24-2004, 02:26 AM
i hope game informers right it said it's comeing out in the year of 2005.....do you people think that could be possible?

Rostum
11-24-2004, 03:58 AM
i hope game informers right it said it's comeing out in the year of 2005.....do you people think that could be possible?

Yeah, I couldn't see why not.

11-24-2004, 01:43 PM
hmmm.....could that mean *off subject for a sec.* advent children could come out in 2005? or is it just dirge of cerebus? but from what i've gotten is dirge of cerebus is supposed to come out a year after advent children....could they have possiblely changed whrn one another is comeing out and dirge of cerebus is comeing out first before advent children? *sorry that was so long!*