PDA

View Full Version : Screwing up your classes

Dingo Jellybean
09-16-2004, 01:06 AM
I just realize that the first 3 years of my college life was a complete screw up of classes.

Supposedly I should graduate in Spring 2005, but after looking over my schedule, I won't graduate until Fall 2006. Which is 5.5 years to get my degree. I mean granted, I'm a double major, but this shouldn't have happened. The way some of these classes are set up, it's so damn annoying you can only take certain classes during certain semesters.

Has this happened to anyone? In college, that is.

Del Murder
09-16-2004, 02:00 AM
I graduated in four years, yet didn't learn a single valuable thing, so that's a screw up in a way.

eestlinc
09-16-2004, 02:32 AM
when I realized finishing both degrees of my double major would take an extra year, I decided one degree was enough and I had so many classes from the other degree that I knew enough to benefit from it anyway. Besides, how much more useful are two music degrees than one? The year of my life and money I would have paid in tuition are worth a lot more.

Dr Unne
09-16-2004, 02:38 AM
Ditto Del Murder, for me, except that I learned plenty of things valuable to myself personally, just nothing valuable to anyone else in the world enough to want to give me a job for it. I also was initially going to get a minor in Japanese, but I ended up saying the heck with that. So I took two years of Japanese technically for nothing, but I only really took them for fun anyways, and I stopped when it was no longer fun, so I don't consider it a real loss.

My sister took seemingly random classes for three years, and STILL somehow managed to graduate on time. I have no idea what her major is / was when she graduated. I'm not exactly certain she even knows that herself.

fire_of_avalon
09-16-2004, 02:46 AM
I would like to echo the sentiment of Dingo, about certain classes only being offered certain semesters. Though I'm not IN school right now (still taking classes for those of you who read my thread in EoEo that one time, but it's complicated), I wanted to take a newswriting class in my Sophomore year, just to stay ahead of myself. However, it was only going to be offered in Spring '05, a term that I'd already had packed full of other required courses. And nothing could be juggled to Fall '04. I was angry. Not that it really matters now; I'm just going to do it this summer. Yay summer school!