PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Droppings

Jolts
09-16-2004, 06:43 AM
Ooh, that sounds nasty ("treasure droppings") :lol:.

Anyway, I just figured I'd give this little hint (at least, I think it is...).
Okay, here goes. The past few times I've restarted this game, I've always chosen to keep the rod, and throw away the sword, to have a fully balanced stat set (3 for everything, 'cept HP, which is always 18 from the beginning). Doing that seems to make the chances of enemies dropping treasure really low, because I hardly ever getting anything like Blaze/Frost/Thunder Shards/Gems and many other systhesis items. Now, in my previous (and still current) game, I chose to keep the sheild, and drop the sword for a nearly balanced stat set (2MP, 3AP, 4STR and DEF). With those choices, I seem to get treasure a LOT more often (I have over 20 of each Blaze, Frost, and Thunder Shards and Gems, and I haven't even been trying to collect them :D). Then equip a few Lucky Strike abilities (one for each character), and the treasure dropping possiblity is even greater.

Now for a question to anyone who knows the answer. Does the weapon you keep/drop at the beginning of the game actually make a difference in the treasure dropping probability?

Jolts
09-17-2004, 09:30 PM
I got another question that somebody might know the answer to.

What's the best method to fight a lot of Behemoths that can drop stuff (i.e. not in the Coliseum)?

Ouch!
09-17-2004, 11:08 PM
If you'll notice, most of the abilities you get with the shield are those that improve drops, increase munny and HP/MP balls and whatnot.

Strength gives you the abilities that increase your physical attacks. Air combo +1, combo +1, vortex, etc.

Magic gives you abilities like MP Rage and increase your MP.

As far as the shield job giving you a naturally better drop rate, I've got no idea.

EDIT: Behemoths can be fought over and over again by going through the exit of the first area of End of the World.

Jolts
09-18-2004, 08:21 AM
Yeah, I know you can fight Behemoths there, but that takes forever. I've recently found out that fighting Behemoths at the End of the World and fighting Angel Star (right before Final Rest is the easiest to get to) are the only two options available. Oh well, thanks anyway.

As for Lucky Strike (I'm talking about only treasure, no HP/MP balls and Munny), even with it equip, if I choose the staff at the beginning, I hardly ever get treasures (including when Lucky Strike is equipped to all party members). Then again, that could just be my horrible luck :lol:.