PDA

View Full Version : Going through the Series

Dark Falken
09-16-2004, 05:05 PM
Heya! I've only just discovered EoFF. :love:

I'm working my way through all the Final Fantasy series one game at a time. Well, with the exclusion of FF3. I'm currently working on V and have just gotten the Dragon Grass. I've only just learned about job Mastery.....from this forum actually. My initial character makeup was a Blue Mage, a Knight, a White Mage, and a Thief. During the course of play I switched to other jobs, but spent the majority of my time in those listed above. When I learned about mastery I switched everyone back to my initial setup because they had the most ABS. I've mastered Blue Mage and switched that one to Sorcerer. Does anyone have any advice for me? Am I where I should be at this stage? Do I need to stop running up the storyline and train up some? If I DO need to train where would be the best place to go at this stage? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure I completely understand how the jobs are supposed to work yet. :cry:

Chris
09-16-2004, 09:28 PM
First of all...Welcome To Eyesonff :)

And now to the advice:

Am I where I should be at this stage? Do I need to stop running up the storyline and train up some?

No you're just fine, but it always makes things so much easier if you learn as many jobs as soon as possible...better sooner than later.
Also remember that "levels" are inadequate in FFV, you don't need to constantly level up from dungeon to dungeon, just be sure that you have as many abilities as possible...and yeah of course jobs.
As to levels, frankly; you can finish the game at level 10, as long as you have all of your jobs learned, levels remains inadequate.
Note: Just keep at it, Final Fantasy V is certainly one of the best in the entire serie :) :) :) Enjoy your time here :) :) :)

UltimateSpamGrover
09-17-2004, 04:13 AM
Welcome to EoFF

Dark Falken
09-17-2004, 07:15 PM
:D Thanks a million! I'm getting used to this job system, and I think I've just about decided I like it. :) It's a very different way of looking at things than I'm used to. It's hard not to look at my character's level as an indication of how I'm doing. :tongue: I played a little last night and managed to make it to the part where you must enter the forest where XDeath is from to find some sort of Elder or something. I only managed to walk around the town there and talk to the NPCs...haven't ventured out into the forest east of town yet. :) So I think I'm doing ok so far. I'll work on getting my job levels up before I continue along the story line. I figure I'll be alright for now as long as each character has mastered at least one job. I'm hoping the amount of ability points I can harvest will keep increasing as I go...otherwise this is going to be a long game. :mad:

Well, thanks for the warm welcome you guys...and thanks for the advice. This site is great and the people here seem pretty knowledgable...and not to mention nice. ;) I'm glad to have the opportunity to join up. :love:

Chris
09-18-2004, 12:29 AM
This is a very LONG game, so hang in there ;)
But it's a very goooood game :D

ShivaBlizzard8
09-20-2004, 03:29 AM
Welcome to EOFF! *hands noob fruit basket*

Yeah, the AP does increase some as you go, although it still takes awhile to earn enough for the higher abilities. The best part about the job system however, is that when you master a job, those job qualities are automatically transferred to your "bare" character - i.e. the monk's high HP, the theifs' high speed, the 2-handed ability, ect. Therefore, the more jobs you master, the more powerful you become. I mastered every job for every character, then went after the final boss with four bare characters. It took a while but well worth the effort. Good luck!

Dark Falken
09-20-2004, 04:57 PM
:love:

Savors fruit basket......

Thanks all. I've gotten further along. I'm not sure how to tell exactly where without giving away some of the storyline. :cry: I guess it's safe to say my next objective is ExDeaths castle. We're supposed to go there now that we can get there.

Salsa has mastered Thief and is now working on Trainer and I have mastered Sorcerer and am now working on Knight. So that makes my lineup as follows: Character one has mastered Blue Mage and Sorcerer and is working on Knight. Character two has mastered Knight and is working on Barbarian. Character three has mastered White Mage and is working on Lancer. Character four has mastered Theif and is working on Trainer. It's been slow going, but now that I've got a better handle on how this works and what I shoudl be focusing on I think it'll progress faster from here on out. :)

I'm enjoying V. I think it's safe to say that it's been my favorite thus far. It's not gotten tedious like some of the others got at times...especially II. I'm looking forward to progressing down the storyline and I'll give you guys updates as to how I'm doing.

:tongue:

Chris
09-20-2004, 05:01 PM
We're anxiously awaiting :)

Dark Falken
09-23-2004, 02:55 PM
Ok, I've gotten through it. The bosses were a little on the easy side....if you don't count Omega and the dragon guy in the chest just before the final warp point.

I ended up with one character having mastered Blue Mage, Sorcerer, Ninja, Knight, and Hunter....he was a Mimic in the last battle. The second character had mastered Thief, Trainer, Red Mage, and Summoner.....she was a Black Mage in the final battle. The third character had mastered Knight, Barbarian, Time Mage, and Dancer.....she was a Bare in the final battle. The last character had mastered White Mage, Lancer, Samauri, and Chemist....she was a bare in the final battle.

I managed to get all the summons and all twelve legendary weapons....though I found them to be less than legendary. I was surprised to find so many better things as I progressed. I was thinking they would be the ultimate with acception to maybe a hidden item here and there.

The final battle was long, but no one died. Neo-ExDeath wasn't all that deadly. He did annoy me with the status afflictions, but he never managed to KO any of my party, which surprised me. After having my butt handed to me many times by Omega before I gave up on him I thought Neo-ExDeath was gonna be a nightmare.

Well, it was fun...but I guess I'm off to the VI board. Thanks to everyone. It was kinda fun sharing. Maybe I'll see a few of you in the next board. :) Ta Taa..... :tongue: