PDA

View Full Version : Polishing Shoes

Loony BoB
09-17-2004, 08:37 PM
Not to be confused with Polish Shoes.

This one's more for those people who actually wear business shoes of some sort that require polishing - do you do it? I don't. I used to but I've realised over time that the more you polish shoes the faster they fall apart. I haven't polished my newer shoes in over a year and they're doing wonderfully, no cracks or anything. Of course, the black has worn off in a few areas, but that's the only price I pay. I just don't get why people should even have to polish their shoes. If you do, you can't tell how long a person has had their shoes for! There's no real advantage to polishing shoes aside from them being shiney (which I do admit is quite tempting, but not tempting enough for me to put that much work into them).

Denmark
09-17-2004, 08:44 PM
Dr Unne. Shoeshine Boy.

I don't wear business shoes, as I don't have a job.

Bomber
09-17-2004, 09:01 PM
I wear black shoes to my job (cashier), but the times I polish them are few and far between.

Rye
09-17-2004, 09:14 PM
I usually only wear leather boots so I like to polish my shoes, cause they get scuffed. I want the brand new shiny look to the shoe to stay forever!

Zifnab
09-17-2004, 09:28 PM
I only wear black leather shoes for work, which I keep in a locker and don't bring home so I don't really get the chance/don't care enough.