PDA

View Full Version : PRE-thread...who had the most tragic end of all Final Fantasy?

Dante WolfWood
09-17-2004, 11:47 PM
well, one of the great aspects of final fantasy as we know, is the way it makes you feel with horrible tragic ends, so everyone if you want some1 in this poll....leave this info:

name
game
why/what happened (If you want to put FULL details: put in spoiler!)

Thks! I'll go first

Auron
Final fantasy X
(spoiler!)At such a young age, As a young samurai, he refused the hand in marriage of the daughter of the high priest and became an outcast and became a wondering samurai...Then he met a summoner and became his guardian.

His desire to protect his friends and defy such a useless and life-wasting tradition cost him his life and his friend dying and the other transforming into sin...Before he died, the friend told him to bring his son and watch over him...So tieing him to this world he wondered watching the young boy till he was old enough to journey and defeat sin, the thing that started this whole mess. After finally defeating sin and fulfilling the promise, Auron had no choice but to finally accept death and accept he will never have a true life....

Its so sad...sniff

(sorry, dont know how to use the real spoiler font....what color is it?)

Edit: thks Big D. and I totally forgot about tidus, thats the reason I say hes not a crybaby, throwing away his life like that....
I also remember seto from FFVII, that was very noble...so theres 3 so far.
Auron, Tidus, and Seto...

Big D
09-18-2004, 12:35 AM
To make a spoiler appear in a different colour, surround it with the tags [spoi</>ler] "spoiling text goes here [/spoil</>er]. The text between the tags should be invisible till highlighted. Just like this.

But as to what you say about Auron... I agree. He must've shown a lot of promise as a young warrior, until he was expelled from the Warrior Monks for refusing to marry the daughter of one of the High Priests. It's ironic that an outcast samurai, a fallen summoner (married to a "heathen") and a middle-aged drunkard became one of the most legendary groups of heroes ever.

It's also sad that Auron had to watch his friends die - or worse, in Jecht's case - only to die himself, but then be forced to stay in this world. He did a good job, even knowing that by fulfilling his promise, he'd be destroying the bond that was keeping him from fading away.

Tidus' ending was similarly sad - a young man, who's only just begun to experience the real world, is willing to destroy the very force that's responsible for existence - Yu Yevon. Those who say he's a wimp should take a look at that, I think.

FFVII's bittersweet ending often chokes me up, though - moreso than FFX.

Zifnab
09-18-2004, 07:51 PM
Probably the one time I beat Safer Sephiroth and the final blow was from Yuffie as a frog. Everyone else was dead.

But it's probably Aeris. That scene had a huge impact. The way she always talked about the future she would never see, etc, though now days I'd see that as foreshadowing. :rolleyes2

aeris2001x2
09-18-2004, 08:13 PM
Aeris's end, no question about it.

Foo-N-Tifa4eva
09-18-2004, 08:20 PM
FFX Tidus

UltimateSpamGrover
09-19-2004, 06:52 AM
FFXI >> Me erasing myself after countless tries to get to level 40

just kidding

jUST mY 2k

Heartless
09-19-2004, 10:39 AM
King Leo
Final Fantasy VI

TheAbominatrix
09-19-2004, 11:29 AM
I think you mean General Leo.

Ultima Shadow
09-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Aeris and Shadow. I can't decide which one. They both make me cry. :cry:

Lon611
09-19-2004, 04:09 PM
il have to say tidus and auron had the most tragic ending (FFX) but i won't explain why because they've already been explained. :D this chokes me up more than ne other ending in a ff....

i think queen brahne would have a close second place (haven't completed FFVI or FFVII yet). its so sad that she goes and wreaks havoc onto gaia, fueled by Kuja, but then realizes her evil ways before its too late :cry: :shame: when she dies on that beach(?) at the end of disc 2 and confesses to garnet made me choke

Dante WolfWood
09-19-2004, 04:32 PM
well, this seems like enough for the poll, thks guys.

if you want to add some1, you better hurry! I'm making the poll soon.

Takara
09-19-2004, 06:11 PM
I'm going to pre-emptively suggest Heidegger before DJZen does. :shifty: :D

Levian
09-19-2004, 08:31 PM
Most tragic end? Hmm... Gotta be FFVIII. Nobody died :/

Heartless
09-19-2004, 08:31 PM
I think you mean General Leo.
Yeah sorry.....

Dante WolfWood
09-19-2004, 09:33 PM
ok,this is enough, gonna make the poll now, hurry up and vote! it wont be open forever !!!