PDA

View Full Version : **MEGA SPOILERS**I just beat the game and was wondering about stuff

Carnage
09-18-2004, 06:14 AM
For starters the scene with red13 and his kids just finished and this screen of space has beent he for 20 minutes and its still goin. So should i turn it off? WIll i be able to save after beating it? Were people wiped out or was midgar just destroyed? Meteor defeat earth, Earth defeat meteor,Holy defeat earth? Im so lost :( .

Doomgaze
09-18-2004, 06:21 AM
Just turn it off, there's nothing more.

Yes, humanity was wiped out. The guy in your sig is a ghost, as well as everyone in AC. Boo!

Really though, there are a few theories. Ones I can remember that were not discredited by AC's existence:

Holy was not strong enough to stop Meteor, and Aeris summoned the Lifestream to help it.
Holy destroys Midgar on its way to stop Midgar because, hey, why not.
Holy intended to destroy humanity along with Meteor but the Lifestream stopped them both.

Del Murder
09-18-2004, 06:28 AM
Red XIII's clan lives longer than humans and so I believe this takes place some many years later. Midgar has been abandoned since Mako harvesting has gone away, but that doesn't mean there aren't towns with humans left. I'm pretty sure the ending implicates that the lifestream/holy stops meteor from hitting, which is Doom's first theory.

Carnage
09-18-2004, 06:29 AM
Damn all those levels and exp gone :( .

Red XIII's clan lives longer than humans and so I believe this takes place some many years later.

500 to be exact

Del Murder
09-18-2004, 06:34 AM
Does it say that in the ending? It's been too long.

Carnage
09-18-2004, 06:45 AM
Yea red looks good for his age ;) . And midgars overgrown with vegetation. I got to meteor a while ago but i died and i didnt use my save sphere. So i was like screw this. But then i thought BC,AC, a DoC are comming out might as well finish it.

Takara
09-18-2004, 07:48 AM
Yeah Del, I'm pretty certain it says "500 years later" before the FMV with Red XIII.

Del Murder
09-18-2004, 08:01 AM
That's probably what gave me that idea in the first place then.

Wilder
09-18-2004, 09:36 PM
This topic is been around forever, Advent children is made to solve this big missunderstood with Red XIII, I tought everybody died on VII, and I was like "amazing, no oneīs standing !", I guess thatīs not the case,

DJZen
09-18-2004, 09:54 PM
To address the unanswered initial question of whether or not you can save after beating it, why would you want to? You'd load up to the "The End" screen.

SadisticStreetSoldie
09-21-2004, 01:39 PM
Only part of Midgar (and the people) was destroyed and were killed because in the screenshots of Yuffie, Red and Vincent for Advent Children, you can see a busted-up Sister Ray and tonnes of people walking around and in a screenshot of a direction sign, there's a new place called Healin Lodge where apparently people could pray for their lost ones.
And Reeve's alive because he's going to be in Dirge Of Cerberus.
Holy was created to destroy the evil in the world and it helped Meteor to take a swipe at humanity because the people were killing the planet more than Meteor would have, probably.
Jenova was an evil alien.
I think Lucrecia kills herself. What exactly happens after we see the cinema of Vincent's past?
And I also think that Dyne was an Ancient because he was able to hear Eleanor's (his dead wife) voice and Marlene might have been one to because she senses Aeris at the end.
And the children's laughter obviously has something to do with Advent Children.
And I also think that maybe the Cetra lived in space because Sephiroth says they migrated to the planet and the screen of space must have something to do with the story.
Meh I don't know I'm pretty confused right now.

Carnage
09-21-2004, 08:08 PM
To address the unanswered initial question of whether or not you can save after beating it, why would you want to? You'd load up to the "The End" screen.

I gained a lot of levels in meteor (lost alot of elixers) and i wanted to keep the EXP and AP.

Haggard756
09-22-2004, 01:07 AM
uh for what, you beat the game...thats better than gaining EXP...

Shoeberto
09-22-2004, 01:16 AM
I didn't read this thread but I think they should revive Rad RAcer as a turn-based tactical racing title with prerendered backdrops and a sprawling soundtrack by Nobuo Uematsu

Starcrest
10-03-2004, 06:30 AM
wtfh? that has nothing to do with this. ne way, yeah, and why would Dyne b an ancient?

Dante WolfWood
10-03-2004, 04:43 PM
umm,I Dont think dyne is an ancient either, I mean, wouldnt that make marlene an ancient too? I mean its possible but she OR he never did anything to contrast they're ancients...(him hearing his wife was an act of Human unconditional love, I mean think about it...and the fact he went alittle insane....Heres an equation for those math freaks :p:Unconditional love lost bc of betrayal+best friend has daughter+insanity=Hearing dead wife voices)

Vlado
10-03-2004, 09:20 PM
For me, the fact that you hear children laughing at the end is a solid proof that humans survived.

Ouch!
10-03-2004, 09:43 PM
Only part of Midgar (and the people) was destroyed and were killed because in the screenshots of Yuffie, Red and Vincent for Advent Children, you can see a busted-up Sister Ray and tonnes of people walking around and in a screenshot of a direction sign, there's a new place called Healin Lodge where apparently people could pray for their lost ones.
Keep in mind, all this vegitation was seen 500 years after Final Fantasy VII. Advent Children takes place two years later, so it's not a jungle yet, just the pile of rubble you described.

I think Lucrecia kills herself. What exactly happens after we see the cinema of Vincent's past?
You can meet Lucrecia in the second disc in a cave hidden under a waterfall. Vincent talks to her and stuff. When you come back in the third disc, she's gone and there's Vincent's final weapon, the Death Penalty.

And I also think that Dyne was an Ancient because he was able to hear Eleanor's (his dead wife) voice and Marlene might have been one to because she senses Aeris at the end.
And the children's laughter obviously has something to do with Advent Children.
Dyne was insane. He was hearing voices in his head. Would a dead woman really be calling to her husband to kill her daughter? I doubt it.

And I also think that maybe the Cetra lived in space because Sephiroth says they migrated to the planet and the screen of space must have something to do with the story.

He didn't say the migrated to the planet, they migrated across the planet, like wandering tribes. Everyone is a decendant of the Cetra because those were the original people to walk the planet. Then some tribes settled down and lost their ability to here the planet. Everyone else is a decendant of those Cetra settled.

Dante WolfWood
10-04-2004, 01:03 AM
explained everything perfectly....good job.