PDA

View Full Version : BEST FINAL FANTASY STORYLINE *possible spoilers*

Foo-N-Tifa4eva
09-18-2004, 04:24 PM
I'd have to say Final Fantasy X-2. The side story with the Crimson Squad was pretty good, especially the scene at the Bevelle underground and the whole Den of Woe thing. I really liked the character of Shuyin cuz he's a total badass from start to finish and probably one of the most enjoyable villains ever since we see his two sides. And then you have Yuna who is always talking to 'him'. I liked how Square made 'him' feel like 'me'. Whenever she talked to the player she always referred to 'him' and when she's in the farplane and the player presses 'x' to whistle it makes me feel like I'm somehow Tidus' spirit or suttin.

Some people will say VII but nah. I liked VII cuz it was fun to play. The storyline was good but it deteriorated towards the end. And at times I felt that Cloud was in love with Sephy more than the two females fightin over him.

VIII's story was all over the place and found myself wondering who the damn villain of the game was, was it Seifer? No. Was it Edea? No. It ended being Ultimecia who recieved 5 minutes worth of character development.

X-2 takes the crown, HOLLA FRONT!

Ultima Shadow
09-18-2004, 06:07 PM
FFX2... best storyline? Ummm... I don't think so :erm: . Actually, I think FFX2 had the worst storyline of them all!!!
No offense but... did you really pay any attention to the storyline in the other FFs?

Anyway, FFVI and FFVII has the greatest storylines ever!!! Really, I think the story in FFX2 was pretty crappy.
Shuyin is no where as good a villain as Sephiroth or Kefka.

Foo-N-Tifa4eva
09-18-2004, 07:06 PM
No way. No other Final Fantasy hit me emotionally than X-2. Everytime Yuna whistled and there was no answer it hit me right here, <3 ...everytime

Ancient Goddess
09-18-2004, 07:13 PM
FFX2... best storyline? Ummm... I don't think so . Actually, I think FFX2 had the worst storyline of them all!!!
No offense but... did you really pay any attention to the storyline in the other FFs?

Anyway, FFVI and FFVII has the greatest storylines ever!!! Really, I think the story in FFX2 was pretty crappy.

Yes...I agree. I'm still bashing my head into the wall, trying to figure out why in God's name did I ever cave into purchasing X-2. I didn't even finish the game....it is that unappealing to me.

I suppose if you like X-2 then you must have liked X to some extent and have been trying to figure out what happened after the story. That I can understand. But even X wasn't as good as IX or VI. It was better than VII or VIII, in my opinion.

Throw Kuja in there, and I would agree wholeheartedly.

Foo-N-Tifa4eva
09-18-2004, 07:25 PM
Am I the only one who finds X-2 the best? I get bashed by my friends for playing it and I always tell em that you never truly appreciate it til you do EVERYTHING. And I mean EVERYTHING, 100%. Otherwise the story will be hazy. After beating it the first two times I thought it was blah. And I had already gotten the good ending. But on the third playthrough and after playing through all the episodes everything came together. Shuyin is the man, I can't emphasize this enough. Prolly not the best in terms of villainy and cold bloodedness but he's best in terms of being likable even tho he's bad.

aeris2001x2
09-18-2004, 08:19 PM
Am I the only one who finds X-2 the best? I get bashed by my friends for playing it and I always tell em that you never truly appreciate it til you do EVERYTHING. And I mean EVERYTHING, 100%. Otherwise the story will be hazy. After beating it the first two times I thought it was blah. And I had already gotten the good ending. But on the third playthrough and after playing through all the episodes everything came together. Shuyin is the man, I can't emphasize this enough. Prolly not the best in terms of villainy and cold bloodedness but he's best in terms of being likable even tho he's bad.

yes, u probably are. i feel i can comment fairly as i got 100%. the story was laughable. no inticate plot twists, everything was so obvious. ALL of the great ff games (ffIV-X) crush this. i did feel sum emotion, mainly at the end of chapter 2 and 5...but thats mainly cause of ffX emotional effect.

nothing hit me more then ffVII. that was pure class story throughout. ffVI was inspired, as was ffIX, and even ffVIII had a great story, despite its flaws.

ffX-2 story did not ever get good enough 2 even detiorate. it really was bad. hell, ffI was more deep then ffX-2.

i do not mean to diss your game. i mean u are entitled to your opinion. but this one of those few cases where i have NO IDEA how u formed this opinion.

Chris
09-18-2004, 09:05 PM
The greatest storyline, huh?
I'm gonna have to go with FFV & FFVII.

Final Fantasy V:
FFV has a very complex and intriguing story.
Ex-Death was straight out insane, and the semi-villain Gilgamesh was incredible vicious. The story was ever so great, it had me captured the whole time with its amazing atmosphere and it's constant unpredictability. Overall I really think that FFV's story has been way too underrated throughout the years.

Final Fantasy VII:
Shame on you, if you don't know it by now...

aeris2001x2
09-18-2004, 09:18 PM
i agree. ffV had a wonderful story, not a weak one. where did that mis-conception come from?

Chris
09-18-2004, 09:27 PM
It's mainly because of the Job system...I'm afraid that the gameplay totally overshadowed the story. That's what some claim, personally I think that the story was good enough to carry the game all by itself.

aeris2001x2
09-18-2004, 09:35 PM
definitly. i thought it was at least as strong as ffIV. and coupled with fantastic gameplay makes it one of the best ever!

Chris
09-18-2004, 09:37 PM
Yeah...Final Fantasy V...ROCKS !!!!

aeris2001x2
09-18-2004, 09:38 PM
Personal ff ranking (as of 1st July 2004)

1- ffVII
2- ffVI
3- Final fantasy V :D

Chris
09-18-2004, 09:45 PM
This is my CURRENT ranking:

1. Final Fantasy VII :)
2. Final Fantasy V :)
3. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles :rolleyes2

Note: Keep in mind that I change it at least every other day...uuups...I mean month...nope I meant...well...

aeris2001x2
09-18-2004, 09:54 PM
lol, i re rank everytime i play. e,g- ffIV was 4th, but upon replay it will be like 7th etc.

Chris
09-18-2004, 09:59 PM
I'll tell you what, let's just rank the entire Serie #1.
:D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D

SpiritWolf
09-18-2004, 11:20 PM
I liked IX's story most, closly folowed by X.

kikimm
09-19-2004, 12:24 AM
Out of all the ones, I've played, I'm gonna have to go with 8. It's my favorite, yesh. There's just something about it that I really love.

After that....I don't know. Everything's tied.

:D

aeris2001x2
09-19-2004, 03:47 AM
ffIV is strange. when i first played it, the story was incrediable and leaped up to 4th in my chart. but upon the replay, certain things like the half arsed Kain/Cecil/Rosa love triangle, the lameness of the ultimate goal (to summon the giant of babil who is so easily defeated), the crystal quest, the emergence of Zeroimus etc were lame.

i still think the story is fantastic, and the game. but i dont think the story can match ffV-X. yes, even ffVIII. That had far more flaws, but was original and probably more emotional.

its funny, never has an ff gone DOWN in rank after a replay.(i,m currently maxing my characters levels. only Kain is lv99 so far).

UltimateSpamGrover
09-19-2004, 06:46 AM
Yeah...Final Fantasy V...ROCKS !!!!

Final Fantasy V forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how Neo X-Death tries to get revenge at the last minute HAHAHA

Just my 2K.

Rusty
09-19-2004, 02:29 PM
My rankings:

Final Fantasy VIII :)
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X and X-2

Takara
09-19-2004, 03:18 PM
I agree FFIV's storyline was too predictable and cliché, but I don't care, it's still my favourite game with FFVI. But FFVI wins in my opinion when it comes to storyline.

Yes, I'm biased.

And Aeris, I don't know why, Kain is always the first in my party to get lvl.99 too when I decide to max my characters, shortly followed by Cecil. And Edge is always last, even if my Rydia dies more often than him due to low max HP. Silly ninjas... :chuckle: