PDA

View Full Version : most well done love story

aeris2001x2
09-18-2004, 08:30 PM
which love triangle would u say affected u the most emotionally?

the power of the Tifa/Aeris/Cloud love triangle will always bring me 2 tears.

Armisael
09-18-2004, 08:37 PM
Indeed,Tifa/Aeris/Cloud love triangle was very powerful emotionally...and it kinda leaves you to wondering which girl Cloud really loved,i always wanted to be Tifa and i think that she was the one who really Cloud loved..

aeris2001x2
09-18-2004, 08:44 PM
i sorta think Cloud loved both of them. but he did not believe Tifa liked him, so he was more for Aeris. however in the end, i think Aeris realised that Cloud and Tifa were meant 4 eachother :love: .

Chris
09-18-2004, 08:49 PM
Laguna's unrequited love for Raine was beautiful.

aeris2001x2
09-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Laguna's unrequited love for Raine was beautiful.

??? what u mean? they did get together. Laguna gave Raine a ring...hell, they even consumated their relationship...hence- the birth of Squall.

Armisael
09-18-2004, 08:57 PM
i sorta think Cloud loved both of them. but he did not believe Tifa liked him, so he was more for Aeris. however in the end, i think Aeris realised that Cloud and Tifa were meant 4 eachother :love: .
In my opinion he just liked Aeris,in contrary Tifa was his childhood love and he may could not forget her,and in lifestram when Tifa was with him in his "sacred" area was Tifa's window..that means something..in addition he probably liked Aeris before remembering his experiences with Tifa...but one thing is sure:Tifa and Aeris both liked Cloud.

Chris
09-18-2004, 08:58 PM
Well I don't know anymore !?!
Love can be a moments madness.
Love can be insane.
Love can be a heart that flower as one.
Love, love, love, love, love the greatest mystery of life.

aeris2001x2
09-18-2004, 09:08 PM
love is both lifes greatest pleasure and most powerful soul destroying pain :love: :eep:

Chris
09-18-2004, 09:12 PM
What about Bartz' and Galuf's little crush on Faris after they discovered her true identity? That was so freakin' funny :D :D
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HE...*hiccup*...HA HA HA HA HA...*hiccup*...

aeris2001x2
09-18-2004, 09:15 PM
yes that was absolutly hirlarious :excited: :roll: . but ffV did not have any love story really. Bartz never tried anything with Maria or Faris. it was sort of more sisterly love between Maria and Faris.

Armisael
09-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Now that i saw your interesting topic in FFVII section aeris2001x2,i changed my mind..Tifa and Cloud surely liked each other...

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-18-2004, 10:32 PM
I'm just going to say Zidane and Garnet because they actually DO end up together.

Ultima Shadow
09-18-2004, 10:48 PM
the power of the Tifa/Aeris/Cloud love triangle will always bring me 2 tears.

SpiritWolf
09-18-2004, 11:16 PM
I have to say that the love story between Garnet and Zidane was the best of the love stories.

ghiki_j
09-19-2004, 03:51 AM
I liked Garnet/Zidane and Tidus/Yuna.

kikimm
09-19-2004, 05:33 AM
Hmmm....I think it's either going to be Tidus and Yuna (in X, thank you), or Cloud/Tifa. I don't want to bother with Aeris right now. I love Cloud with Tifa, that's that. Both those couples were great---maybe C/T more so, because it was never actually STATED.

:D

Lord Chainsaw
09-19-2004, 06:23 AM
None of those stories have sparked the debate that the FFVII triangle has. For that alone it is the greatest.

One might even go as far as to hold the traingle against FFVII. Someone who wants there to be a clear decision as to who Cloud really loved would be turned off by the way Square danced around answering the question. I don't think that way though, because in my mind I know who he loved.

Great story. I really need to give it another playthrough. The game is just so dang sad though I can't do it.

Giga Guess
09-19-2004, 06:43 AM
I think of all the love stories, Celes/Locke's story is the most underrated. I think the last lines he says to her in the the game, "I won't let go. I promise." are very powerful, and have a lot more meaning (Not that subtle either). I think it's the best because it's not necessarily in your face. It's background, ut just there enough for it to be noticable. It's hard to explain, really...

Heartless
09-19-2004, 10:13 AM
I liked a lot too Celes/Locke's story..it was really touching especially before going for the fist time in Maranda..this scene in the inn it was really great..i always liked Terra/King Leo story i believe they liked each other,it's obvious in the night ship-conversation before going to Maranda again..
However i voted for Tifa/Cloud/Aeris triangle,which really i do not consider it that much a triangle...i mean Cloud liked and cared both of them but when he remembered his true self and what he has been through with Tifa,made up his mind...it's clear before the final battle with Sephiroth...

Rusty
09-19-2004, 02:23 PM
I like Squall and Rinoa's - Laguna and Raines. Both were beautiful :)

Tidus and Yuna's relationship was beautiful to. I can't choose...

TheAbominatrix
09-19-2004, 02:35 PM
I'm more for a Terra/Locke relationship than a Celes/Locke one. Not that I dislike Celes, but I just felt he and Terra would have been better together. And Celes/Locke was nothing concrete (yes, things were said on both sides, but it's left up to the player's imaginatuon). I really loved the Locke/Rachel story.

I don't so much like the Aeris/Cloud/Tifa triangle because, from the beginning, I was rooting for Tifa/Cloud. I think in the end they get together (but that's really left up to the player as well, it's nothing concrete), and I hope there's some of that in AC.

I love Tidus/Yuna because of the way he slowly brought her out of that protective little shell she was in. He showed her the world through another perspective, and really opened up a new side of her... one that had hope for the future, one that could forget about her impending doom. I think the two of them made a great couple. I also really like Lulu/Wakka, because they were such different personalities, but they still meshed so well. I love how Wakka always saw right through that cold front Lulu put up.

I enjoyed Rosa/Cecil, I really liked how she was willing to go to such lengths for him. As for Edge/Rydia... for some reason I always pictured Kain/Rydia. I really dont know why, but that's how I pictured it in my head. There's no basis for it in the game at all. I'm just weird like that.

Laguna/Raine was really beautiful. I thought they were so cute together, I'm sad they couldnt have stayed together forever. They really reminded me of a couple in an RP game I do. Even the way they look.

Bah, so hard to choose. I guess I'll have to go with Laguna/Raine.

Takara
09-19-2004, 03:28 PM
As for Edge/Rydia... for some reason I always pictured Kain/Rydia. I really dont know why, but that's how I pictured it in my head. There's no basis for it in the game at all. I'm just weird like that.

We are both weird then, because I always preferred the Rydia/Kain pairing too over the Rydia/Edge one.

I don't know, I always thought Rydia would eventually gets annoyed by the cocky prince's attitude with time and fry him with a good Fire-3 spell after catching him staring down another woman's gown.

As for my choice, I'll go with Laguna/Raine too.

TheAbominatrix
09-19-2004, 05:09 PM
We are both weird then, because I always preferred the Rydia/Kain pairing too over the Rydia/Edge one.

Wow, it's not just me! That makes me happy :D. I wonder what their relationship would have been like, I think it would have been very interesting, Most especially because of Kain's initial behavior towards her.

kikimm
09-19-2004, 08:33 PM
Oh, yeesh. I forgot about Wakka/Lulu. That has got to be up there too. I like them together, although not in X-2 for some reason. That just pissed me off.

Argh. As soon as I see it, I'm buying FF:Anthology. I can't wait any longer. I'm dying to see what all the fuss is about FF6.

:D

Levian
09-19-2004, 09:13 PM
Squall and Rinoa. I never really got the feeling of any romances except for that one from any FF game. Well, except Tidus and Yuna of course, but I never really liked FFX and Yuna. Nah, definitely Squall and Rinoa.

Dark Matter
09-21-2004, 05:54 AM
Laguna and Raine

...... but I don't know why ........ :confused:
Maybe it's because of Julia ........
And, I always think Ellone is their daughter ... :love:

...... I just don't like Wakka/Lulu this couple ....

PS: Hey, what happened to Julia eventually? Why Raine died? When? *sigh* I don't know :shame:

DJZen
09-21-2004, 07:00 AM
Uhhh......

You're forgetting the most important love story of all!

Mo-Nercy
09-21-2004, 08:01 AM
Uhhh......

You're forgetting the most important love story of all!
I dunno what's more sad...that fact that you love Heideggar or the fact that i got that joke almost straight away without looking at your sig...

PS: Hey, what happened to Julia eventually? Why Raine died? When? *sigh* I don't know
Julia died in a car crash when Rinoa was 5. So that's 5+ years after Laguna left and Caraway got together with her.
It's generally accepted that Raine died after giving birth to Squall which Laguna tells us was while he was taking care of his newly acquired Presidential duties in Esthar. At this time, he had sent Ellone back to Winhill after he saved her from Adel but when she arrived, Raine was dead and so she was sent to the same orphanage that everyone else went to.

I like Squall and Rinoa. They're so cute together... when they got together.

Outsider
09-21-2004, 08:11 AM
I voted for Cecil/Rosa/Kain love triangle, but it's not really my favourite. It would be my favourite if Kain and Rosa were together at the ending of the game. It would be great.

My favourite relationships are not in the poll

- Setzer/Daryl: It was, by far, my favourite. It was based in love, gambling and airships, you can't get much better than that. Plus, Daryl's theme is so beautiful...

- Locke/Rachel: I like Locke/Celes, I think they're a great couple, but Locke's devotion to Rachel was incredible. He gave up his freedom for her, and what's more important for a thief than freedom?

- Delita/Balmafula: Okay, they weren't together, but Balmafula had a crush on Delita. It would be a relationship based in betrayal and backstabbing. I bet that Balmafula would kill Delita before he would kill her.

DJZen
09-21-2004, 09:31 PM
I dunno what's more sad...that fact that you love Heideggar or the fact that i got that joke almost straight away without looking at your sig...

Oh good, now I don't have to spell it out. :D

I really don't get how people can think that the romance between Squall and Rinoa was well done though. He goes from completely shunning her to going to insane lengths just for her. It's not right in the head I tells ya.

Polaris
09-24-2004, 01:34 PM
Aris/Tifa/Cloud was the best love triangle!

aeris2001x2
09-24-2004, 01:35 PM
Oh good, now I don't have to spell it out. :D

I really don't get how people can think that the romance between Squall and Rinoa was well done though. He goes from completely shunning her to going to insane lengths just for her. It's not right in the head I tells ya.

u have surely heard mine and Seedranklou's beliefs that this did not happen...that their relationship was slowly formed over disc 1-2, and Squall always had feelings 4 Rinoa, he was just galanizsed into showing them by her coma.

it all comes down to interpretation again i guess :greenie: .

JseanjohnC
10-16-2004, 03:02 AM
squall and rinoa definately...i mean she likes the guy so much and the whole dance scene...i just could relate to that from a few years ago lol

chocomog33
10-16-2004, 04:23 AM
Travesty!!
Outrageous!!
Where is the Vivi/Quina marriage!!!
They were the only ones to tie the knot, so why not??? :D
Zidane and Garnet out of those though ... they got married too ...

Snap Jumper
10-18-2004, 04:11 AM
In game 4, I never really noticed much of a love story between Rydia and Edge. And, if there was, why was Edge interested in a 13 year old? Perhaps Rydia and Palom would have been a better match...

In game 6, Locke rescued Celes out of S. Figaro, then vowed to protect her (as if she needed it). Celes then awoke after a year and says, "Where are my friends? Where's Locke?" They were definitely important in each other's lives, but in love? I guess we'll never really know.

TheAbominatrix
10-18-2004, 04:19 AM
In game 4, I never really noticed much of a love story between Rydia and Edge. And, if there was, why was Edge interested in a 13 year old? Perhaps Rydia and Palom would have been a better match...

In game 6, Locke rescued Celes out of S. Figaro, then vowed to protect her (as if she needed it). Celes then awoke after a year and says, "Where are my friends? Where's Locke?" They were definitely important in each other's lives, but in love? I guess we'll never really know.

Rydia was not 13 at that point. It's never said how old she is, but she did age while she was in the Land of Summons. And What do you mean you didnt notice? Edge was constantly hitting on her, and in the end he's thinking of her with a little heart above his head. He's completly enamored of her.

And there's a lot more than just that in VI. Not that I like the Locke/Celes pairing anyway.

Wiccafantasy
10-19-2004, 07:10 AM
I'm voting for Squall/Rinoa. The way Riona opened up and made see life in a different is great, and when he saved her out in space and in the Sorceress Memorial were beautiful.

edczxcvbnm
10-19-2004, 08:02 AM
FF wise...FFVII. Otherwise it is Xenogears. Fei and Elly are by far and away the best.

escobert
10-19-2004, 12:04 PM
ffVIII- Laguna/Raine beautiful relationship

Auronhart
10-25-2004, 08:03 AM
Hmm, I don't know why people have to put their opinions in the poll choices, oh well, I chose Rinoa and Squall anyways and just ignored the bias. I have to say though, like some people have already pointed out, it was a gradual change over the first and second disks (plus the continuation through the rest of the game) and so I think calling it teenage infatuation is at least a unanalytical statement. (my opinion of course)

Dragon Ash
10-25-2004, 03:33 PM
i had to say tidus and yuna because it is so beautiful that their love became so strong even though throughout their entire relationship, one of them was doomed.

i do love the whole rinoa and squall love but it just wasn't quite as beautiful as tidus and yuna. squall had closed his heart to others since everyone he had ever loved had either died or abandoned him, but rinoa made him care again.

both stories were beautiful and sweet (and made me cry!) but my vote goes to the tragic doomed relationship

TheSpoonyBard
10-25-2004, 04:04 PM
What about Eiko's unrequited love for Zidane?
What about Quistis' unrequited love for Squall?
What about all the sexual tension between Seifer and Quistis?
What about Shuyin and Lenne?
What about Zell and the pig-tailed girl?
What about Selphie and Irvine?
What about Beatrix and Steiner?
What about Freya and Sir Fratley?
What about Brother and Yuna? (what a joke)
What about Gippal and Rikku?

It seems the FF series is full of love....

My vote goes to Squall and Rinoa.

Dragon Ash
10-25-2004, 04:06 PM
i think everyone forgot zell and the library girl!

Ryth
11-12-2004, 12:24 AM
I say FFVII's love triangle between Tifa/Cloud/Aeris because I never played FFIV, FFV, or FFVI and Square can do love stories I don't like Squall/Rinoa thing because Rinoa just jumped on Squall after Seifer "died", I haven't gotten deep into Laguna/Rosa story yet but it looks interesting, I like IX's but it wasn't as good as VII's because they add death! Aeris DIES WWAAAHHHH!!!!, I try to like FFX's but Tidus is way too annoying and whiney and Yuna can be pretty annoying as well and sometimes she seemed really depressed for no reason whatsoever! Man you did miss a lot of love stories by the way!

The Chocobo Warrior
11-12-2004, 01:38 AM
I'm gonna have to say:

Tidus and Yuna. It seems sad because in the end of FFX, Yuna and Tidus can't be with each other because Tidus died, and it made you all happy in FFX2 in the Good Ending because Tidus came back and the two lovers got to be together once more!....That's really a love relationship i know of, because i have yet to play FF7 and FF9.

louby_4eva
11-14-2004, 01:16 PM
Tidus and Yuna, that final cutscene, :weep: i actually cried. but the Raine, Laguna one nearly got me crying :whimper: when hes at the grave and awwwwwww, i wish i could've voted for 2 diff ppl.

Itsunari 2000
11-16-2004, 07:10 PM
The Rinoa/Squall teenage infatuation was my favorite - very believable !

PS : I will kill Lord Sephiroth 4 you , Gunthas.

Shadow_Talon
11-21-2004, 10:36 AM
Tidus and Yuna

purely because she falls in love even though.... well u know.... and that last scene, yeah it brought a tear to my eye as well!! and also the fact that the love runs thru 2 games! (i know its the only true sequel!!)

and as for Rikku and Gippal? well it would look like they had a thing in the past, but it would prby be more like Gippal was an old forgotten friend of cid(10/10-2) and brother and was concidered an uncle....OR.... they were just childhood chums who loved taking the mickey outta eachother!

NashX
11-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Pretty much everything that's been said about Tidus and Yuna x10. Especially since it carried on over two full PS2 DVDs; if that's not a long and well-drawn out story of two people, then I dunno what is.

(Grr...I can't get these jokes cos I've forgotten who the hell Gippal is :()

Garnet236
12-20-2004, 11:24 PM
Well...I voted Squall and Rinoa teenage infatuation....I think they're sooooo cute & sweet....what a romantic couple!!

JayDee
12-22-2004, 02:48 PM
Vincent/Lucrecia
Cloud/Aeris

Tragic love stories are the best :cry:
I can't believe so many people voted for
Zidane/Garnet, those two make me sick
and the ending is awful

Lain
12-22-2004, 07:17 PM
I think all loves stories were beautiful (except ffX....that love story was pathetic in my opinion). I voted to Tifa/Cloud/Aeris because that triangle was very funny and it was triangle after all...that's purrrr...

What about all the sexual tension between Seifer and Quistis?
What about Zell and the pig-tailed girl?
What about Gippal and Rikku?
What?When?? Don't remember anything like that