PDA

View Full Version : All You Need to Know About Random Encounters

Ancient Goddess
09-18-2004, 10:18 PM
New to Final Fantasy VII? Or need to brush up on your knowledge?

I found this video when I was looking for a certain toon parody on Newgrounds. It's funny only to those who know the story. Kinda long, but also kind of amusing. It's about five minutes long, so if you don't want to sit at your computer for that long, watching a cartoon, then don't click on the link.

NOTE: If you have a pop-up blocker, then you'll most likely need to disable it for a second; it probably won't come up, because it's a javascript that comes up in a new window.

There's a minigame, but I haven't played it...only the movie. The voice will probably make you want to stick a pair of scissors in your ears, but you'll eventually get used to it.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=169933

Deri
09-25-2004, 04:58 PM
That cartoon was great. I also found one called Final Fantasy A+ on the same site. I didn't post a link to it so you'll have to find it. But it's still quite funny. It has nothing to do with FF7 and the dialogue is spoken Japanese, with English balloons. The cartoon was done as a final exam for a Japanese language class so the author of the cartoon is speaking all the Japanese dialogue. That definately deserves an A+. :)

Lon611
09-25-2004, 06:38 PM
hey, isn't that music one winged angel?if so, how come it's the same as the intro to FFVIII?

UltimaLimit
09-26-2004, 11:29 AM
That clip reminds me of Monty Python for some insane reason.

*pulls scissors out of ears* You were right, the voice is obnoxious. ("Tiffa"? Honestly!) But the cartoon was worth it. And it's true, every bit of it. *stabs Master Tonberry with scissors* *runs*

I'm not running away! I'm powering up Chocobuckle!

...that and I don't want to get my ass kicked.

Rostum
09-26-2004, 11:50 AM
Haha, that reminded me of a scene in 'Dodgeball'. They could have added a bit more though. ^.^

Wuggly Blight
09-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Yeah, legendary frog does make good flash movies. The resident evil ones are funny.

Jolts
09-26-2004, 12:11 PM
Extra scenes #3 and #5 are pretty funny, too. Extra #4 was kinda' predictable, #1 got me to "spittake," only without the spitting, #2 was alright, but nothing special.

As for the main part, it was pretty funny. I liked how the third battle started by Cloud just lifting up his arm :lol:.