PDA

View Full Version : A change of pace.

Agent Proto
09-19-2004, 02:08 AM
Ok, Eizon has been a lot slow lately, and basically we really need to change that. However, BoB is extremely busy, and he wants Eizon to stick around as long as possible. However, at the current rate it's going, I think it's best to do a major make-over of the world. And seeing that a make-over will result in the removal of the Eizon Nation Leader title that some of you have.

We did this for fun, and the fun is dying. This is hope to revive the fun. However, if no one is interested anymore, BoB will give Eizon one last shot with an activity that everyone who posts here should get involved with. :) So, if you're interested in the change that'll hopefully get Eizon back on track, please post and submit your input about the change of pace.

What do you want to see, and do you think it should be "free for all" as Eyesonia was and whatnot. Let us know and we'll try to satisfy your desires.

Giga Guess
09-19-2004, 06:37 AM
It has slowed down a lot, hasn't it. Perhaps a colloseum forum or something where members can square off in...?

Carnage
09-19-2004, 07:02 AM
Maybe we could have resources, trade, economys, WAR?!? More conflicts and such would help to. Maybe some new land to be discovered or conquered?

Loony BoB
09-19-2004, 09:17 AM
Something tells me economy and trade wouldn't really speed things up, but maybe that's just me. The more nitpicky stuff you get into, it seems the less people are interested. I think we should let people concentrate on developing the world itself rather than the politics side of things - Eyesonia seemed to get a lot of activity when it was people throwing rail lines here and cities there and whatnot. I personally think it might be a good idea to keep the existing system for how many cities you have (maybe decrease the points required for a city by a half point or so), but encourage people to put up stuff like roads, use magical stuff, use EoFF people in their monarchy, allow for businesses... a lot of that sort of thing. Instead of having a world that moves with time, freeze time and just concentrate on making the world into a full place with nation borders, road, train lines, drawings of magical places, a magic system, everything like that. If you've seen Aiyon, you'll hopefully know what I'm talking about. I just make up stuff and put it on the world. It's much more fun than worrying about politics and stuff like which religion is on which island in which nation. You still can do politics, but yeah.

That's just my opinion though and I hope everyone here will say what they think would be a better idea if they have 'em.

EDIT: There is of course the possibility that someday I and maybe some of you too will help create an RPGM2K game based on this world, which would be kind of cool. I could finally create EoFF:OOC. I might actually start working on the world map right now. Maybe that might motivate some of ya. ;)

Giga Guess
09-19-2004, 04:06 PM
RPGM2K eh? Sounds cool!

Actually, if you want, I think I have an RPGM2K3 zip file kicking around...It think...

Loony BoB
09-19-2004, 04:22 PM
Got that too. =] But yeah, it's just one of many possibilities and it would probably require me having more time than I have right now. Hopefully that time will return to me now that work isn't so busy. We'll see.

Giga Guess
09-19-2004, 04:24 PM
One way or the other, it's an intriguing prospect...

Anything we puny mortals can do to help?

Loony BoB
09-19-2004, 05:06 PM
Make this world bloody good or I'll have to do it myself. :p

Cz
09-19-2004, 06:50 PM
This change of pace can only be good for Eizon. However, I don't think this is going to work unless we have support from the rest of the forum. We need some sort of incentive, a reason for them to get involved.

Carnage
09-19-2004, 07:25 PM
Try to make conflicts betweeen that nations (not instagating)

Ex: If you put in natural resources. that would have people stealing from each other. Natural resources would also create trade. Trade leads to pirates, pirates lead to conflicts.

I hope im makeing some sense

-N-
09-19-2004, 08:09 PM
Really, I don't think the problem has been with Eizon but just the whole back-to-school thing for a lot of us. I paid a lot of attention before because Eizon was on that level of detail. But college just overtakes it in terms of paying attention to details. I don't know how feasible a freeze may be - people may forget about it after a long enough freeze.

kikimm
09-19-2004, 08:28 PM
The only thing I can really come up with is more interaction between the different areas, or cities/countries whatever. Whether it has to be war, or something else....I don't know. *shrug*

:D

The Triumphant Hero
09-19-2004, 09:29 PM
We need magic... this could be represented in many ways, like cities floating over water, black/white mage army units, landforms created by sorcerers, magical nation defenses, magical airships, magical artifacts being mined or found, etc. I think it would be alot more fun

Carnage
09-19-2004, 10:29 PM
Perhaps an ancient texture is found with descriptions of ancient weapons used by the great mages. WHich hold incredible power. The search is on. ;)

Giga Guess
09-21-2004, 12:31 AM
Maybe I should set up a store that Giga Points can be redeemed for equipment. Eizon Members get half off...

Just maybe...

Baloki
09-22-2004, 03:09 PM
Try geeting some more forum leaders so its not just you two and Nait running the show, it will allow more events and ideas to be put forward and ran :D

escobert
09-22-2004, 08:39 PM
I agree with BoB.

Giga Guess
09-22-2004, 11:39 PM
Yeah...that would be a good thing.

Trumpet Thief
09-23-2004, 02:29 AM
chaos: Perhaps Eizon should be turned into more of a fantasy than a real world, with the colisseum idea or anything else which Giga already mentioned. We have already pretty much obtained as many members as we can, as the others do not want to participate, but, if we actually let things start, it would be fun.

Rubedo: And perhaps a few more instructions on how to blow the crap outta another nation?

chaos: Rubedo, not now...

Trowa: Well, any spectacular event will do really, which is our only request.

Agent Proto
09-24-2004, 01:20 AM
Ok, that's cool.

Now, let's change the subject, seeing that we got a good idea of what most of you want. Now, let's see. BoB, Nait, and I will need a fresh new face to help us oversee the "new" Eizon, and we want you to help us. So, treat this thread as an "Overseer Nomination" thread.

Nominate someone who you think will make a good "Overseer." Someone with fresh ideas, and the willing to help us oversee how Eizon is doing. One nomination per person.

Once we have enough nominations, we'll probably either let you vote or we'll choose one from the nominations given. :)

Carnage
09-24-2004, 01:27 AM
I nominate myself. I check this place twice sometimes three times a day. And thats only when i have school!

FightClubFan#47
09-24-2004, 01:55 AM
i think il nonimate.... Baloki... I have not really a reason why... I guess because e manitns a site so he SHOULD be able to help maintain Eizon...

Trumpet Thief
09-24-2004, 05:04 PM
chaos: I nominate myself. Before I owned Super Shiny Land, I updated Vincentland, advertised, and created maps like no tomorrow. After that, I obtained a "promotion" of some sorts to a larger nation. I check this area pretty much all the time for updates, and hope that it is not truly dead.

Rubedo: So, yeah, we nominate ourselves. I know it's kinda greedy, but for once, we feel like we do deserve it :)

Agent Proto
09-24-2004, 11:30 PM
I would like to let you all know that these changes will not be immediately made.

Trumpet Thief
09-24-2004, 11:43 PM
chaos: When will the Eizon Overseer choices be made?

Carnage
09-25-2004, 12:53 AM
I think it would actually be a good idea to elect someone not in eizon. But if no one else thinks so im gonna continue to nominate myself.

Giga Guess
09-25-2004, 01:23 AM
At any rate, I would like to propose a forums separate to the Continents to function as a colloseum. I just think it may attract attention, y'know?

Agent Proto
09-25-2004, 01:44 AM
Nah, you can use the main Eizon forum for that stuff, once we get things going. We may not need it right away though, so wait.

Giga Guess
09-25-2004, 01:47 AM
:( Awright, awright...I just figured a page of it's own would keep the main page free for announcements and whatnot.

Trumpet Thief
09-25-2004, 02:08 AM
chaos: Nait lost his title? Aww...

Giga Guess
09-25-2004, 02:17 AM
Well, all's I know is Rubey's got my vote. Any time I come on, he seems to be here, so it only makes sense.

Trumpet Thief
09-25-2004, 02:26 AM
Rubedo: Thanks Giga!

chaos: You've been a great help!

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally* I suppose he hasn't been a nuisance...

Trowa: *Sits and stares and sits and stares and sits and stares* You've done great for us...

Giga Guess
09-25-2004, 02:30 AM
Hrmmmm....

I can be *more* than a nuisance if you'd like...

Trumpet Thief
09-25-2004, 02:33 AM
chaos: 'Cmon Giga, you know it's impossible for Albedo to say something nice. He said you weren't a nuisance, now Albedo, say something nice!

albedo: *grumble* Th...ank you... for.. helping... us...

Trumpet Thief
09-26-2004, 12:39 AM
chaos: One more question, when will voting start?

Carnage
09-26-2004, 01:38 AM
I dont think there is voteing i think its just bob and proto choosing. I could check but then i would have to go back a page and i already wrote this post.

escobert
09-26-2004, 04:00 AM
ME :D

-N-
09-26-2004, 05:19 AM
No, Bert. In fact, I anti-nominate you. :D

escobert
09-26-2004, 06:30 AM
:D I :love: Neel :p

Baloki
09-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Hummm, I dunno if I'd be any good at helping out really...

No nominations here, not much point really, all the active people have nominated themselves so I nominateeeee Loony BoB!

Giga Guess
09-26-2004, 04:37 PM
I didn't nominate myself. I doubt I'd be any help anyways.