PDA

View Full Version : What's the best sound track?

Ouch!
09-19-2004, 05:04 AM
By this I don't mean which of the Final Fantasy games has the best sound track, I mean which CD is the best. For example, there's the Original Sound Track for FFVI, but there's also Piano Collections and Grande Finale.

I would make a poll, bet there are too many CDs to put in one poll, just say which you like the most.

My vote goes to the FFIX OST.

Del Murder
09-19-2004, 07:34 AM
I agree with you Zaphier. I think no other comes close.

Cz
09-19-2004, 11:22 AM
I agree. The FFIX OST is clearly the best.

Sefie1999AD
09-19-2004, 11:38 AM
What Zaphier, Del Murder and Czanthor said. FFIX OST is my favorite.

Armisael
09-19-2004, 02:47 PM
What Zaphier, Del Murder and Czanthor said. FFIX OST is my favorite.

kikimm
09-20-2004, 01:50 AM
The music was good in IX, yes, but nothing really stands out, for me at least.

I'll probably go with...VIII Piano Collections. A lot of the songs sound better on the piano. More depressing, more....beautiful.*shrug* Either that, or VII Piano.

If this wasn't just Final Fantasy, it'd be the Drakengard OST, hands down. Nothing even comes close, in my opinion.

:D

Del Murder
09-20-2004, 01:58 AM
You broke the chain! :mad2:

Samuraid
09-20-2004, 06:08 AM
Haven't heard enough to say which is the best...but I do like the orchestral tracks on the FF7 reunion CD.

Cz
09-20-2004, 04:40 PM
You broke the chain! :mad2:
Now, if only we had someone who could delete that message...

Ouch!
09-22-2004, 01:51 AM
I think what made the FFIX track so great was the effort Nobuo Uematsu put into it. It was the last soundtrack where his work was so obviously dominant. He faded away in FFX and was almost gone in FFX-2 and FFXI: Online. We also haven't heard anything about him writing more than the prelude for FFXII. I think he knew that he was going to slide out of the spotlight and make way for the newer composers.

I don't know about you, but I'd put everything I had into what might be my last major work. Of course, now there's Sakaguchi's new company, but I don't think anyone could have seen that coming back then.

crono_logical
09-22-2004, 08:46 PM
FF Pray, or maybe the FFCC Kaze no Ne Single :p The FF Song Book Mahoroba isn't too bad either, it even has a vocalised version of Yuffie's theme :p I can't say I'd put any of the OST albums in my favourites though, since they have a larger proportion of tracks that I just wouldn't bother listen to :p

Optium
09-22-2004, 08:47 PM
As far as OSTs go, IX is the best, as far as Piano Collections go, X-2 by
a long shot.

.opt

Daryl
10-03-2004, 04:30 AM
FFIX is great, but, I really enjoy FFVI - any of the collections.

Trumpet Thief
10-04-2004, 03:26 AM
chaos: Well, they all had something that stayed with me, or at least one soundtrack that I couldn't help but love. First of all, I never see too much praise of FFX's soundtrack. Sure, "To Zanarkand" was a bit repetitive, but still very good. I also liked some of the battle themes, especially the Seymour Battle. Auron's theme was something else I liked too. Although, it was nothing close to some of the other albums.

Rubedo: To me, FFIX's soundtrack seemed to be the one that was given the most effort. Whether it was when I first entered Lindblum castle, or just got over to Desert Palace. All the tracks seemed to be different from one another, with the exception of Garnet's theme. Dark Messenger was absolutely brilliant. First the organ's getting the mood started, and eventually mixing everything in. But of course, one of my most favorite pieces from that album was "You're Not Alone". It went into an emotional scene with Zidane finding out the truth about him being a god of death, not a real human, and brother of the villan that he despised. First, starting calmly as everyone tries to lend a hand, and right when he repels them, the guitars come into play. It was one of the best tunes I had ever heard-catchy too.

chaos: I agree that FFVIII's soundtrack was pretty good too. There were more battle themes as well, like "Legendary Beast" and "Force your Way". They were all very well done too. Eyes on Me was one of the best vocals I had ever heard. Of course, Liberi Fatali and Premonition were my absolute favorites, bringing out the true evil in the sorceresses.

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally* FFVII's soundtrack was good, but, the main theme was used a little too much. One Winged Angel was probably our most favorite battle theme ever, and the one that played when Bizzaro Sephiroth came into view wasn't half bad either. The character themes were the ones I liked the most though, bringing a dark tone into the most innocent of people. Another one that was great.

Trowa: We enjoyed FFVI's soundtrack as much as FFIX's. For one, Celes' theme, along with Edgar and Sabin's, and Shadow's theme were all great. They brought into play the actually personalities of all the characters. Dancing Mad, in our opinion was definetly one of the most well done final boss theme's ever. It was like a rival to One Winged Angel.

chaos: Although, we do not remember too much of FFIV's soundtrack, with the exception of the boss battle theme, which we also loved. We were recently playing SMRPG, and when we battled Culex, we loved it.

Trowa: Bottom line, FFIX's was the best.

SeeDRankLou
10-08-2004, 12:36 AM
While there are better songs/pieces on other soundtracks, as far as the soundtrack as a whole, FFVIII has the best one for me.

Polaris
10-08-2004, 10:30 AM
FF8/FF9

Dark_Sephiroth666
10-28-2004, 07:08 AM
My fave soundtrack would be the FFIX OST and maybe FFX

Fate Fatale
10-29-2004, 06:14 AM
I agree. The FFIX OST is clearly the best.

But i like the FF X-2 final mission soundtrack

Doomgaze
10-29-2004, 10:05 PM
Xenogears: Creid is pretty good.

strawberryman
10-29-2004, 10:28 PM
I really don't know....
if i had to say somthin, i'd say FFIX

Oracle
10-30-2004, 08:09 AM
I say the FFVI OST was by far the most memorable.. cant beat the character themes ;)

Auronhart
11-03-2004, 09:52 AM
Hmm, I wonder why so many people liked the FF9 soundtrack the most, I mean it had some good songs (especially you're not alone), but no where near the number of awesome songs as FF8 (liberi fatali, legendary beast, eyes on me, the dollet battle theme, and the man with the machine gun) so I'll go with that.