PDA

View Full Version : FFTA a "Good" game?

Antimony
09-19-2004, 11:34 AM
I was wondering what the general consensus about FFTA was. Does the Final Fantasy fan comunity consider it to be a "Good" game? I've heard it has a kind of lackluster story, do people consider a fantastic story to be essential to the strategy RPG genre?

SpiritWolf
09-19-2004, 10:18 PM
FFTA is a fantastic game in my opinion. one of the better Final Fantasy games in my opinion, possibly even the best. The story isn't lackluster in my opinion. Vertainly not the best but still pretty good.

DJZen
09-20-2004, 07:37 AM
It's a great game all around. Some people don't like the ability system (which is more like FFIX's than like the original FFT), but others like it. I'm not finished with it yet, but I like the story a lot, and I can totally relate to the central character's motives. It's got a LOT of depth too. I'm about 40 hours into it. FORTY HOURS!!!!! VERY few handheld games have that much life. I reccomend it to anyone who likes really deep tactical RPGs. If you want more of a "pick up and play" type of game, get Fire Emblem (which also rocks).

XxSephirothxX
09-22-2004, 02:23 AM
It's most definitely a great game, and utterly addictive...the story wasn't very good in my opinion, but you just can't stop battling! I was completely obsessed and put 40 hours on it during a school week! You should check out the awesome Fire Emblem, and the incredible Advance Wars games also. And Disgaea: Hour of Darkness for the PS2 is a great strategy game also.

StarlightAngel
09-27-2004, 01:33 AM
DISGAIA!!!!! heh. You just gotta love Flonne. *Points to sig*

chocomog33
09-27-2004, 02:25 AM
flonne is awesome, and so is laharl.
actually they are betetr characters than marche and friends imo, but ff:ta is the best game of the 3 ....

Project G
09-28-2004, 10:34 AM
I think its great, especially the abilities system, just like FFIX

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-28-2004, 10:45 AM
FFTA is not a good game, but it is a "good" game, as you say.

And it has a lifespan of 40-150 hours because everything moves so gosh darn slowly.

Starcrest
09-29-2004, 02:20 AM
i second that. learning abilities i disliked, and in IX i didn't like it either. the story took so many missions before it continued, which made me upset. and my game must b retarted bcause i got really fing far, like 30 hours or sumfin, and i no i saved it, and i go to play it the next day, and i'm back to were i was. i was so PO'd, it wasn't even funny. havne't played since, and that was a few months ago

Gabgooba
10-03-2004, 04:13 AM
Honestly, it's a handheld...
You're not gonna be taking your Disgaea with you on a six-hour drive.

So, pull out FFTA! Or Advance Wars! Or Fire Emblem!

Yay!

Montyro
10-03-2004, 04:53 AM
I agree. Playing FFTA on some sort of road trip or something really comes in handy when you feel like playing, it is definitly worth getting. And also FF I & II are coming out for handheld too, so there's another.

Starcrest
10-03-2004, 05:45 AM
i'd play Fire Emblem over FFTA. but FF I & II's a different story

Del Murder
10-03-2004, 07:14 AM
FFTA is useful in times where you have to wait anyway. Like during a commercial or car ride. I thought it was good in that respect.

Starcrest
10-03-2004, 03:11 PM
well, yeah

StarlightAngel
10-03-2004, 11:56 PM
FFTA is useful in times where you have to wait anyway. Like during a commercial or car ride. I thought it was good in that respect.

I would play it when I was watching TV. Every time I stopped for a moment, I would forget what the laws were and get a bunch of yellow cards and red cards. :(

XxSephirothxX
10-04-2004, 12:16 AM
DISGAIA!!!!! heh. You just gotta love Flonne. *Points to sig*

:D Indeed.

Del Murder
10-04-2004, 01:29 AM
I would play it when I was watching TV. Every time I stopped for a moment, I would forget what the laws were and get a bunch of yellow cards and red cards. :(
I've had that happen. It sucks.

ScottNUMBERS
10-15-2004, 07:56 AM
ffta is one of my favorates lots of people i know thinks great too i cant belive none of you think so :(

Starcrest
10-15-2004, 07:59 PM
i've started playing it again and i've gotten over my first anger with it, and now i like it so....yeah