PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XI with Dial Up?

Snoopy
09-19-2004, 02:46 PM
I was pleased to see in EB that finally Final Fantasy XI had been released in Australia on PC but was very frustrated when told that it was not possible to run it using a dial up connection. The box states that it can be run on dial up but the store says it can't can anyone tell me which it is.
Unfortunatly upgrading to cable is not an option as it is not available where I live

Mikztsu
09-19-2004, 03:04 PM
I know many playersd on dial-up, and it works just fine. Takes long to download those patches though, but gameplay itself isn't really slower.

Kegsay
09-20-2004, 06:42 PM
Yep what Miz says is true. Do however, expect to be downloading the first day you get it for the whole day. 3 hours on 1MB Broadband w/ CoP Patch. So I'm saying ooo 15-20 hours on 56k? I might be wrong but expect more than less so you won't be disappointed.

But, in answer to your question, YES it does, those people in your store no nothing .

Salmon King
09-20-2004, 07:09 PM
Thankfully I have cable, and even then i find the 2 hour download times ridiculous. I'm used to those nice and short 1 minute download times from EQOA.

Batman
09-21-2004, 02:53 AM
It runs on dial up? Seriously? Wow...I can not believe that! The game was released with the add on packs here, is it still necessary to get the patches?

Rostum
09-21-2004, 12:49 PM
The patches will download automatically before you get a chance to play FFXI for the first time. You cannot play without the patches.

Yes it works fine with 56k, as it was made to be capped at that level. Although, the benefit of broadband is downloading the patches faster.

Snoopy
09-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Thanks guys i'm releaved to know that it will work on dail-up and as soon as my video card is upgraded (this week) I will be buying the game.

As for the download times, that I can live with if it means that I can play the game