PDA

View Full Version : Auron (massive spoilers about Auron)

Erdrick Holmes
09-19-2004, 06:33 PM
You know how during the part in the game where Sin destroyed that village and Yuna had to send all of the dead to the farplane? Lulu tells Tidus that if the dead aren't sent to the Farplane they come back as fiends. Well tell me this, when Auron mentions he died at the hands of Yunalesca he was never sent to the Farplane so he was able to return. How did he still keep his human form? Also how did Seymour also not become a fiend after dying in the Temple?

TheAbominatrix
09-19-2004, 07:20 PM
Auron and Seymour both had the strength and willpower neccesary to keep them from becoming fiends. Auron had to fulfill the promises he made to Jecht and Braska. Seymour had this strong desire to destroy the world and all that muck. They kept themselves alive and normal through sheer willpower and determination.

Carnage
09-19-2004, 07:33 PM
They had unfinished buissness so they became unscents(ghosts). Also one thing thats been bugging me forever is how auron aged afer he died.

TheAbominatrix
09-19-2004, 07:41 PM
Auron willed himself to age. He thought of himself as still living (in a way), and his form changed accordingly. Seymour changed his form after his death, appearing in different ways in battle. Auron changed as well. Not to mention that it would extremely suspicious if he were to walk around Spira looking the exact same as the day he'd died.

SeeDRankLou
09-19-2004, 08:05 PM
He doesn't die in battle, he suffers KO status, simply meaning that he can no longer continue battle until that status is cured. If he currently has KO status he can still do stuff outside of battle.

Dante WolfWood
09-19-2004, 10:14 PM
They had unfinished buissness so they became unscents(ghosts). Also one thing thats been bugging me forever is how auron aged afer he died.

Another theory, wht I belive is: When auron went to the dream world(zanarkand) to watch over tidus, the faith knew of this and having total control of the dream world, the allowed him to age so no one would get suspicious....

kikimm
09-20-2004, 01:17 AM
Another theory, wht I belive is: When auron went to the dream world(zanarkand) to watch over tidus, the faith knew of this and having total control of the dream world, the allowed him to age so no one would get suspicious....

It's probably a combination of both what you said, and being tied to the world by the strong emotions that they felt.

:D

ShivaBlizzard8
09-20-2004, 04:08 AM
I think that the Fayth must have had a hand in maintaining the Unsents who were meant to help Yuna and her comrades defeat Sin - Auron wasn't the only unevil unsent - what about Belgamine? Her only purpose seemed to be to make sure Yuna was ready to defeat Sin before she went into battle.

Big D
09-20-2004, 08:16 AM
I think that the Fayth must have had a hand in maintaining the Unsents who were meant to help Yuna and her comrades defeat Sin - Auron wasn't the only unevil unsent - what about Belgamine? Her only purpose seemed to be to make sure Yuna was ready to defeat Sin before she went into battle.Belgemine faded (allowed Yuna to send her) once Yuna was strong enough to defeat Sin, because her purpose had ended. Grand Maester Mika dissipated of his own accord, after learning of Yunalesca's defeat and the destruction of everything that supported Yevon's corruption. It's that strong sense of purpose that keeps an unsent from fading naturally. People who die will usually go to the Farplane of their own accord; but if someone dies an unclean death, such as being killed by Sin, their souls can't depart and must be sent. If somebody dies with "unfinished business", their soul can be bound to this world by the strength of that conviction. Another theory, wht I belive is: When auron went to the dream world(zanarkand) to watch over tidus, the faith knew of this and having total control of the dream world, the allowed him to age so no one would get suspicious....I reckon that Auron's aging was a natural part of being in the 'dream world'. In that non-reality, Auron was basically truly alive again. The same 'rules' apply. Kind of like The Matrix, only without Keanu Reeves. Ten years in the dream city was like ten years of real life...
Well then, if Auron is already dead ( Unsent, wtvr ), then how does he die in battle? They rekilled him or something?Unsents still have physical bodies, it's not like they're wraiths or ghosts. They can suffer harm, and even be destroyed - as Yunalesca demonstrated. If Auron suffered enough harm, his body would be damaged beyond use; he'd basically die all over again, and his spirit might then be cut loose, either going to the Farplane, dissipating into Pyreflies, or transforming into a fiend. It's kind of like how zombies and vampires can be killed in horror movies. They might be 'undead', but they still have a kind of life. They eat and sleep, expend energy, have biological processes running through their bodies. Only the Guado can spot an unsent, after all, so they must seem pretty close to a living person.

Old Manus
09-20-2004, 05:05 PM
Could you write all that again? My PC appears to have broken. :tongue:

Halenite
09-20-2004, 05:07 PM
Lulu, also said they become fiends if they resent the living. Auron never resented dying.

Erdrick Holmes
09-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Also. Does anybody know why Auron always leaves his left arm tucked in his jacket leaving only his hand to stick out of the half way unzipped collar?

Dante WolfWood
09-21-2004, 09:28 PM
sign of a ronin samurai (Well, banished wondering samurai, thats what I looked up and found)

After being banished and failed to protect his friends he started wondering around watching over Tidus so he keeps the left hand in his shirt, A sign of ashamement I think...hell, I'm not a samurai wiz...:p

m4tt
09-21-2004, 09:48 PM
Wasn't... uhm.. Maechin (I can't spell his name, that really smart guy who would tell you about the areas) an unsent as well? Or am I thinking of something else?

Edit: oops?

SeeDRankLou
09-22-2004, 12:13 AM
Mmmm....in the context of FFX, no Machaen is not an unsent. If you are talking about the whole FFX saga, you might want to put that in spoiler tags.

m4tt
09-22-2004, 08:52 PM
Erp. :riiight:

Ryth
10-05-2004, 02:02 AM
Wow I've learned a lot today. Thanks that always bugged me. Yeah I thought Auron's name sounded familar it is a samurai dude!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-05-2004, 02:38 AM
Auron is an original name; it wasn't lifted from any existing samurai. Also, Auron's way of keeping his arm inside his coat is just a cool samurai mannerism; it's not a sign of "ashamement" or anything.

DMKA
10-05-2004, 06:12 AM
Auron is an original name;
No it isn't, my friend's kid's name is Auron. :tongue:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-05-2004, 06:19 AM
I meant, you know, as far as samurai go.

DMKA
10-05-2004, 06:21 AM
Who said my friend's kid ISN'T a samurai!?!?!? :tongue:

Lon611
10-05-2004, 07:04 AM
i wouldn't wanna play mercy with that kid, lol :D

Jerdoulus
10-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Anyone knows how Auron got that interesting looking scar on his face?

Halenite
10-05-2004, 05:30 PM
When Yunalesca killed him

I think so at least.

Big D
10-05-2004, 11:41 PM
When Yunalesca killed him

I think so at least.That'd be my guess, too - that Yunalesca whacked him in the face extremely hard, destroying his right eye and killing him.