PDA

View Full Version : FFIV. Is my beautiful Rydia missing a summon?

i-kant
09-19-2004, 09:18 PM
The last line of summon spells for my Rydia has Bahamut and Odin. The third column last row is left blank. Am I missing a monster? If so, where do I get this last summon?

Dragoon Kain
09-19-2004, 10:17 PM
do you have asura? leviathan? cocatrice? imp? bomb? mage? i think thats all the possible ones and correct me if im wrong on the names.

i-kant
09-20-2004, 12:09 AM
well I have:

chocobo, imp, mist
titan, shiva, indra
jinn, asura, levia
Baham, Odin, ?

Something else?

Takara
09-20-2004, 12:34 AM
You're missing the Sylph summon, for one.

As for the three others (Cocatrice, Bomb, Mage), some of them were dummied, so depending on the version you play, you might not be able to acquire them.

I know I never bothered acquiring them myself. I think I only managed to get imp once, and I was not even trying (like, my 2nd battle ever with Rydia in my party and I won the Imp item that taught Rydia the summon).

i-kant
09-20-2004, 12:45 AM
so i'm not missing any uber-useful spell? that's all I wanted to know really. whether there was something better than bahamut.

Del Murder
09-20-2004, 01:14 AM
You are not, all the ones you are missing suck. Bahamut is the most powerful summon.

desh
09-21-2004, 11:55 PM
Sylph summon isn't bad, it's a healing summon. And it's easy to get, unlike bomb, cockatrice and mage.

Robotic Chameleon
10-04-2004, 07:11 PM
The Sylph summon is invaluable for me as it provides a consistant means of curing HP for Rydia unlike Asura which can cast a Life spell at the most wasteful moment. Also, I remember it being 1mp in one of the versions I played but higher in another one, I can't quite remember which is which but that would prove to be a deciding factor in its potency.

Anarchys_Prize
10-20-2004, 11:50 PM
ok so I never actually thought about what all of Rydia's summons were. But now I'm making an attempt to get them all but I don't really know where to get them... could someone offer a glimpse of help?!?!?!... I have the chronicles version for now, and the rom thats downloaded off of this site... so i don't even know if i can get them all...