PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Who of all final fantasies, had the most tragic end?(possible MASSIVE spoilers)

Dante WolfWood
09-19-2004, 09:34 PM
ok, heres the official poll, hurry up and vote and if you want, post your opinions!

if some1 is not up there, sorry. I had the pre thread open for three days...mise well vote for whoever is up there!

Edit: dang it, forgot poll, I typed the number, didnt check the box....Sorry! ok, fixed, vote on!

Ultima Shadow
09-19-2004, 10:52 PM
I can't decide betweene Aeris and Shadow but since Aeris already got a vote, my vote goes for Shadow.

Jolts
09-20-2004, 08:43 AM
I vote Jehct. To be forced to fight your own son against your will, although sounding a lot like Star Wars, is still something I wouldn't wish upon my greatest of foes.

Queen Brahne doesn't count, as she did it willingly, and it wasn't her real offspring.

Polaris
09-20-2004, 09:42 AM
What happened to Auron? Well my vote is going to Squall coz he kissed Rinoa! I'm kiddin', Aeris all the way.

Dante WolfWood
09-20-2004, 08:47 PM
you dont know what happen to auron? well read the first two spoilers in this thread:http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=50551

Jolts
09-20-2004, 09:22 PM
Forgot about Auron, and that got thinkin' even more. *MAJOR SPOILER ALERT*

Jecht was sent 990 years into the future, when he'll never see his son (or so he thinks) or wife again.
He is later forced to sacrifice one of his new best friends in order to give Spira some "time off."
Then he goes off an destroys towns, villages, and people wether he likes it or not.
Then, ten years later, he finds out that he has to fight his own son, along with his other best friend.
After being destroyed by people he cared about, his son says that he hates his father, Jecht.

Come on, after all that, you still think someone had it worse?

Giga Guess
09-21-2004, 12:26 AM
I voted for Brahne. She was a bitch to Dagger all through the game, up until her death, and only then did she realize the error of her ways. I really pitied her.

Dark Matter
09-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Sir Jecht

(Actually, I want to vote for Aeris ....... :eep:
... but I agree with Jolts too, so, I just voted for Jecht.)

PS:
Heidegger???? :eek: I know someone will vote for him. :tongue:

aeris2001x2
09-21-2004, 07:27 PM
Aeris of course...

what about Scarlet, Rufus, tellah, Galuf, Tsung, Ultimecia, Kuja, Tidus??? there were enough options i think :cry: .

Dante WolfWood
09-21-2004, 09:04 PM
dang it, forgot Tidus about the rest...sorry! Maybe I shoulda made other....really sorry!

Cant I believe Tidus...

Martyr
09-21-2004, 09:06 PM
What about that guy from ff2j who got crushed by a rock? He's the only dude I ever actually felt sorry for.

I'm voting for Sir Jecht because I don't know who he is, and, if I did, I would respect the fact that he goes by "Sir."

Dante WolfWood
09-21-2004, 09:19 PM
Well, Auron goes by Sir Auron also...just forgot...and Braska is a Lord so....>.>

Martyr
09-21-2004, 11:02 PM
Then, uh, Sir Jecht needed the boost to tie for second.

Dante WolfWood
09-24-2004, 01:56 AM
well, I hope everyone has voted, poll is closing soon, seems auron is gonna take te gold!

Dragoon Kain
09-24-2004, 02:04 AM
Forgot about Auron, and that got thinkin' even more. *MAJOR SPOILER ALERT*

Jecht was sent 990 years into the future, when he'll never see his son (or so he thinks) or wife again.
He is later forced to sacrifice one of his new best friends in order to give Spira some "time off."
Then he goes off an destroys towns, villages, and people wether he likes it or not.
Then, ten years later, he finds out that he has to fight his own son, along with his other best friend.
After being destroyed by people he cared about, his son says that he hates his father, Jecht.

Come on, after all that, you still think someone had it worse?

SPOILER!

jecht wasnt sent 990 years into the future. he was sent from dream zanarkand to the real world of spira

Giga Guess
09-24-2004, 02:17 AM
Well, the title DOES say possible Massive Spoilers, so I don't think the tags are really necessary...

The Man
09-24-2004, 02:20 AM
It wasn't 990 years in the future but he probably thought it was, since no one would have known about Dream Zanarkand's existence at that point.

Anyway, I had to vote for Jecht as well; dying for a lie, then being forced to spend ten years running around and destroying shit, then having your own son tell you he hates you and having to fight him doesn't sound like anything I'd want to go through. I don't think there's anyone else in the Final Fantasy series who has anywhere near as much bad crap happen to them as Jecht does.

I can't see Auron's ending as tragic at all; he fulfilled pretty much everything he wanted to fulfill as an unsent. Unless you mean the process by which he became an unsent, which is rather gutting, but since becoming an unsent doesn't actually end your existence when you have a promise hanging above your head like that you made to Jecht, it wasn't particularly debilitating.

Jolts
09-24-2004, 02:21 AM
Dragon Kain, I know that, but in that dream, his time was 990 before when he was sent to. Plus, he didn't know he was a dream. You gotta' look at it with his point of view.

Ouch!
09-24-2004, 03:04 AM
I voted for Aeris, simply because her death was the most emotional for me. None of the other deaths really blared out at me, though I suppose some were more tragic, I just didn't really care.

At first, I was hoping this was a which game had the most tragic ending. I would have voted FFX in a heartbeat, I mean, come on, no compitition.

Dante WolfWood
09-26-2004, 11:27 PM
well,seems like auron and aeris are tied for first...I believe if this poll was open for one more week I think jecht woulda won...Dang.

Trumpet Thief
09-26-2004, 11:31 PM
chaos: Seto :D

Del Murder
10-02-2004, 08:03 AM
Yeah, Jecht had it pretty bad.