PDA

View Full Version : Snes help

Carnage
09-19-2004, 11:41 PM
My uncle gave me his snes and some games he found when he was cleaning out his parents house. and i found FF2!!(FF4 really) and i wanted to play it but its not working. but most of the other games are. The screen looks like this( see attachment). the FF logo ends up in diffrent places around the screen each time. my uncle said it could be the older games had betterys in them and that could be it. Anyone know a good way to clean it, how to replace the battery, or a safe way to open the cartridge?

Big D
09-20-2004, 04:58 AM
Try blowing the dust out of the cartridge and out of the console too. Don't open either of them, just use an air-blowy-device* to clean it out... that might help.

* NOT a hair-dryer or anything else with an electric motor. Motors=magnetic fields=bad for sensitive electronics.

TheAbominatrix
09-20-2004, 05:01 AM
Even just using our mouth will work. Just blow all the way along both openings (for the catridge and system).

Man this brings back memories...

Carnage
09-20-2004, 08:09 PM
It could also be the system (although some games work) because i steped on it by accident in the back and took a chunk of plastic out :( but it dosent look like the snes is damaged.

TheAbominatrix
09-20-2004, 08:14 PM
The cartridge could just be messed up. Opening it wont help, there's nothing inside (I dont know what your uncle meant by batteries, I've smashed opened cartriges from lots of systems and the catridges are really just window dressing. That long chip you see is really all that's in there), and unless you know what you're doing, opening up your SNES could further damage it.

It may be better to just play FFIV on PS1, it's more of a challenge and the translation is better anyway.

Carnage
09-20-2004, 11:45 PM
i have a rom but i would rather have it on a system. i dont know how much chronicles goes for (thats the one FF4 was released as??) but origins is still 30 around me!! Plus the rom is to easy i just fast forwarded everything and just held a and one a million battles in a hour (Exagerating..........a little)

TheAbominatrix
09-20-2004, 11:49 PM
Chronicles is a Greatest Hits I believe, so it should only be 20 bucks. You can go look on ebay or in used game stores for the SNES cart, but it'll be expensive.