PDA

View Full Version : Vincent's left arm

Turk
09-20-2004, 01:39 AM
what's up with that

Starcrest
09-20-2004, 01:49 AM
i think that's the thing that allows him to transform for his limits. i'm not exactly sure, but that's what i think it is

Dante WolfWood
09-20-2004, 01:50 AM
I dont remember exacly if they ever explained it...but some theories on his "inhuman claw"(possible spoilers)

1.Hojo added an animal claw to him as he used him as a guinea pig for jenova injections.
2.Parts of him are not able to transform back after his limit breaks.
3.Everytime he transforms, He loses a part of himself everytime and his body is slowly completely transforming into a mindless monster.(Hey! Maybe a theme in FFVII: DC! who knows)

Starcrest
09-20-2004, 01:57 AM
it looks more metalic then animal like, and if after he transforms, if parts of him didn't come back, more pieces would b gone then just his arm...i think that it just allows him to transform and what not, and like his limits are like injections of different genes, which allow him to transform into different monsters

Big D
09-20-2004, 03:02 AM
There's clearly some kind of metallic claw or gauntlet over his left hand. I think Hojo's experiments might've damaged or altered that limb, maybe weakened it to the point where he needs a glove to protect it.
He definitely had a human hand back before Hojo's experiments, so it's some kind of by-product of that procedure.1.Hojo added an animal claw to him as he used him as a guinea pig for jenova injections.Most people agree that Hojo's experiments on Vincent didn't involve Jenova cells. If that had been the case, Vincent would likely have suffered delusions or loss of control, similar to Cloud and the other 'clones'. Hojo wanted to keep Vincent away from the Jenova project, in any case. Whatever was done to him, it involved some other kind of tranformation - something to do with monsters, perhaps. In the FFVII world, the number of monsters began to increase when Mako reactors became widespread; perhaps Vincent's transformations are something similar?3.Everytime he transforms, He loses a part of himself everytime and his body is slowly completely transforming into a mindless monster.(Hey! Maybe a theme in FFVIIC! who knows)But then, he had that claw from the moment the experiments were finished, and never noticeably changed during the game...

Maybe AC and DoC will clear up this question, and others. But for now, I believe that his clawed glove is something to do with the experiments that made his body capable of demonic transformations, though I don't think a simple piece of clothing could be the cause of so much. He keeps most of his body hidden, only his right arm and part of his face are visible, most of the time. Incidentally, the profile in the game's instruction manual says that "he may seem frail at first, but inside his body lurks a fearsome power".

Starcrest
09-20-2004, 03:09 AM
perhaps his gauntlet his like, geneticly fused to his bones or what ever, and when he gets his limit break, he like, pulls a hulk, and poof, turns into a creature. the gauntlet could hold cells from other monsters, and when he gets angry enough(gets limit break), he literally pulls a hulk

UltimateSpamGrover
09-20-2004, 04:08 AM
where do his clothes go when he transforms? O_0

Just my 2K.

skatehippie
09-20-2004, 05:56 AM
where do his clothes go when he transforms? O_0

Well uhh....MAGIC! =D

I always wondered about his claw as well...mostly just, the why of it.
I always thought it was obviously a product of Hojo's experiments on him. I think it is definitely metallic and a part of him, otherwise he probably would have taken it off, eh? He was not very happy about what he'd "become" which is why he went to sleep in the first place, right?

Also, when you think about it, his clothing choice is probably quite optional. I mean, aside from the claw, he could theoretically wear his old Turk uniform and pull it off, because there really isn't any other noticable differences right? Maybe his new "self" inspires him to dress like that, though. Oh well.

And his boots seem to be of the same material, though I don't know if they are part of him as well or maybe Hojo just wanted him to match :D

Something else I always wondered about...why does he use guns? If I had claws for a left hand I'd use that as my weapon....it would suit him better than the whole gun thing IMO.

Big D
09-20-2004, 06:19 AM
Well uhh....MAGIC! =D

I always wondered about his claw as well...mostly just, the why of it.
I always thought it was obviously a product of Hojo's experiments on him. I think it is definitely metallic and a part of him, otherwise he probably would have taken it off, eh? He was not very happy about what he'd "become" which is why he went to sleep in the first place, right?Actually, Hojo put Vincent to sleep, but you're right about the "not very happy" part;)

Also, when you think about it, his clothing choice is probably quite optional. I mean, aside from the claw, he could theoretically wear his old Turk uniform and pull it off, because there really isn't any other noticable differences right? Maybe his new "self" inspires him to dress like that, though. Oh well.

And his boots seem to be of the same material, though I don't know if they are part of him as well or maybe Hojo just wanted him to match :D

Something else I always wondered about...why does he use guns? If I had claws for a left hand I'd use that as my weapon....it would suit him better than the whole gun thing IMO.Gun>claws. Longer range, more damage. Also, in his human form, Vincent is physically weaker in some ways. He's more frail, but more athletic - a better balancer and jumper, with better co-ordination. So it'd be safer for him to attack from a distance, using his improved co-ordination to get a better aim.

Also, he probably used a gun during his time in the Turks, so he'd undoubtedly retain that knowledge and those skills. Makes sense for him to keep using the same weapon.

Jolts
09-20-2004, 09:53 AM
I think the claw is there for show. He just thinks it looks cool (and it does :D).

Dante WolfWood
09-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Well, Maybe the reason you cant tell hes slowly changing is bc back when they made FFVII, they werent worried about that, just worried about getting done with the game, I mean, They took alot I mean ALOT out...or maybe they left info just for a future spinoff...Thats it! Square soft had planned it from the beginning! Spinoffs on all games! they cant fool me! HAHAHAHA!

oh sorry....Well Big D explain to me about hojo and vincent, I thought Exposed jenova cells into him did something else and then let him sleep ot make him not lose control like the rest or something....It was all hazy to me. SOMEONE EXPLAIN EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED!!!!! I wanna know b4 DC comes out...

Lord Xehanort
09-21-2004, 01:17 AM
Ansem: *cough*That's the arm that he was shot in*cough*

Kounetsu: *laughs hysterically* Vincent is a Demon! The arm is a device of torture!

Starcrest
09-21-2004, 02:21 AM
so, it's the arm he got shot in. unless it like, totally shattered his bones, i dont think he'd need to wear that. though, maybe gettting shot would have an impact on weither or not he needs it, who knows. maybe he got shot, hojo did some stuff to his arm, and the gauntlet is to help contain his beast form(limits)

Lon611
09-21-2004, 03:54 AM
theory i heard on another thread:auron is vincent. both left arm, possible theory that auron's arm is messed up cuz of "the claw", but i found it 2 be completely untrue. has something 2 do with ronin/samurai manorisms. just thot id add this cuz im bored *looks at stack of hw* :rolleyes2

Big D
09-21-2004, 05:26 AM
oh sorry....Well Big D explain to me about hojo and vincent, I thought Exposed jenova cells into him did something else and then let him sleep ot make him not lose control like the rest or something....It was all hazy to me. SOMEONE EXPLAIN EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED!!!!! I wanna know b4 DC comes out...We never get to hear the entire story in FFVII, which is cool because enigmatic mystery is a big part of Vincent's appeal.
But we do know that Vincent, in spite of being a Turk, was a very moral man who opposed Hojo's horrible human experiments, such as the Jenova Project. Hojo wanted no-one to get in his way, especially after Lucrecia became pregnant, offering him a whole new avenue for his sick endeavours.
So he shot and wounded Vincent; while the Turk was unconscious, he did something to Vincent's body, something which weakened him but also gave him the power to transform into demonic forms. Vincent was horrified about what he'd become; Hojo then put him into some kind of suspended animation and locked him away in the basement of the Shinra mansion. Hojo's letter says that Vincent has been 'scientifically altered', but doesn't offer much more than that. It's probably a good thing that Hojo wanted Vincent to suffer - he could easily have killed Vincent, but instead wanted him to live. So Vincent was left alive, but unconscious and trapped in a nightmare for about 25 years, until Cloud set him free. It wasn't just any nightmare, though - it was all true. The nightmare of loving Lucrecia, but failing to protect her; watching her willingly take part in an experiment on her own unborn
baby; the horror of being unable to stop an abomination, and then being made into an abomination himself... Vincent often talks about his "sins"; it's easy to see why he has so many regrets about his past.

Mo-Nercy
09-21-2004, 12:39 PM
Ansem: *cough*That's the arm that he was shot in*cough*
That's what I thought. That is, until I remember the exact order of events.

1) Vincent goes in. Harasses Hojo
2) Hojo fusses with his hair. Gets obviously stressed before pulling out a gun and shooting Vincent.
3) Vincent falls over and screen fades to black implying that Vincent went unconscious or fainted or...was shot in the eyes? :D
4) Vincent wakes up. Hojo is gone and he screams. Comes out as a funny Bio noise.

If one was to subscribe to your theory. Vincent was knocked out cold because he got shot in the hand...

It also suggests that Hojo is a really really bad shot.

Polaris
09-21-2004, 01:02 PM
But before he wokes up someone is doing smth to him! Who is that guy?

Haggard756
09-21-2004, 09:09 PM
sooo uh why does cloud have that hand in KH???

Dante WolfWood
09-21-2004, 09:12 PM
dang it, never saw that sequence....musta missed it....I wonder what that freak did to him....vincent was awesome, but I couldnt use vincent against septhy bc I didnt understand his ultimate weapon, it was only doing 1500 dmg....anyone know what it is based on? this isnt really about his arm but hey, it would help. (I beat it last night tho)

Starcrest
09-21-2004, 10:21 PM
number of ppl HE'S KILLED, not injured, but actually killed. and as for why cloud has that arm in KH, that's his bracer, or w/e u wanna call it. he's always had it, but i guess, i'm not sure, they made it look way outta wack in KH (me never playing the game myself)

Dante WolfWood
09-21-2004, 11:12 PM
OHHH...gonna go kill alot of people with him NOW....well later..>.> Thks!

Lord Xehanort
09-21-2004, 11:17 PM
That's what I thought. That is, until I remember the exact order of events.

1) Vincent goes in. Harasses Hojo
2) Hojo fusses with his hair. Gets obviously stressed before pulling out a gun and shooting Vincent.
3) Vincent falls over and screen fades to black implying that Vincent went unconscious or fainted or...was shot in the eyes? :D
4) Vincent wakes up. Hojo is gone and he screams. Comes out as a funny Bio noise.

If one was to subscribe to your theory. Vincent was knocked out cold because he got shot in the hand...

It also suggests that Hojo is a really really bad shot.

Ansem: Also remember, not all guns in this game are just guns. (e.g. Palmer's) There could've been any number of poisons in that bullet. The game just doesn't explain.

Kounetsu: That seems to happen a lot in FFVII.

Jolts
09-22-2004, 09:44 AM
You can't compare Kingdom Hearts to Final Fantasy games, as they aren't actually connected in any way.
I almost started to say the same thing once, but I restrained myself, because I remembered that they're not really connected to each other.

one_winged_angel
09-22-2004, 11:57 AM

You can tell that that is some sort of gauntlet as it has a soft, mesh-like underside... I think.... Haven't played it loads...

I always assumed that it was where Hojo shot him.... My back up theory would be that it got messed up during the experiment, you know sliced up with a scalpel or went grossly veiny when he injected something... You know, the usual stuff...

Blue Typhoon
10-09-2004, 02:51 AM
Maybe it hasn't occured to you that not everything in a game has a purpose related to the story.
IMO, its just there to look cool.

Starcrest
10-09-2004, 04:53 AM
hmm, that could b. never thought of it that way to b honest

Cloud3
10-14-2004, 09:49 AM
I think it let's he transform in his beats(limits) and where he was shot or they did something to his arm that he need the gauntlet to keep his arm in place

novarta
10-14-2004, 12:01 PM
i have understand it that way that the left arm is the punisment, and i think he can transform to some creatures because gast sprayd jenova cells in him or something like that, tell me if i am wrong.

Antendo
10-19-2004, 04:31 PM
There's clearly some kind of metallic claw or gauntlet over his left hand. I think Hojo's experiments might've damaged or altered that limb, maybe weakened it to the point where he needs a glove to protect it.
He definitely had a human hand back before Hojo's experiments, so it's some kind of by-product of that procedure.

I put this in spoiler for not to ruin anyones playing exitement.

He really has some kind of "armor" on his hand. And he had a human hand. At laest at that FMW sequence (or whatever you want to call it) wich you see when Vincent tells about his past. When that sciencist (is it Hojo or that Gast guy or mayby someone unnamed) shoots him, and after that when he wakes up on that table. When you hear that wierd growling when he transforms, he doesnt have that glove thing on his hand.

i think that's the thing that allows him to transform for his limits. i'm not exactly sure, but that's what i think it is

But if is so, how he could transform on that "movie" kind of thing. Just look on that spoiler.

one_winged_angel
10-19-2004, 08:47 PM
You can't really tell in normal graphics though... So he could well have had it when he transformed

Starcrest
10-20-2004, 08:12 PM
the gauntlet could control his limits

Big D
10-20-2004, 10:42 PM
...Or it could just be a metal glove.
He really has some kind of "armor" on his hand. And he had a human hand. At laest at that FMW sequence (or whatever you want to call it) wich you see when Vincent tells about his past. When that sciencist (is it Hojo or that Gast guy or mayby someone unnamed) shoots him, and after that when he wakes up on that table. When you hear that wierd growling when he transforms, he doesnt have that glove thing on his hand.The 'alterations' were done by Hojo... and Vincent doesn't actually transform during that cut-scene, he merely wakes up and realises that he's not the same as he was before Hojo tampered with him.

But really, nothing ever suggests that his clawed glove is anything more, or anything less, than simply that. It matches his pointy gold shoes; no-one's been suggesting that his shoes give him supernatural powers. He either has a normal left hand and just wears a strange glove on it, or his hand has actually changed and the clawed glove covers it.

Also, when Hojo shoots Vincent, it's hard to tell exactly where he's hit because of the Lego graphics. However, the angle of Hojo's hand, and the way Vincent collapses, suggest he was hit in the thigh.

Starcrest
10-21-2004, 02:34 AM
i was waiting for someone to mention his shoes...yeah BigD good point it could just be there....just cause i guess that makes sense to, along with ur other theory

nevermind6794
10-22-2004, 08:03 AM
Sort of the way Cloud has the shoulder-bracer-thingy, for example.

Starcrest
10-23-2004, 03:15 AM
sort of yes, sort of no. sort of yes because...it could just be there. sort of no, because it COULD be some sort of armour

TheSpoonyBard
10-23-2004, 09:59 PM
I think the main question here is Who Cares? We're not all going to question why Barret doesn't wear a shirt, why Nanaki has a headress, why Yuffie has a shield on her left arm, why Cait Sith has a yellow hat, why magic materia is green, etc, etc, so what's the big deal with Vincent's glove? Some things don't have a meaning, they are to be accepted as how they are. If you question everything in life you will get nowhere, and the only thing you will gain from it are more questions. It's just a demonstration of Square's quirkiness and attention to detail.

Turk
10-24-2004, 12:18 AM
I think the main question here is Who Cares? We're not all going to question why Barret doesn't wear a shirt, why Nanaki has a headress, why Yuffie has a shield on her left arm, why Cait Sith has a yellow hat, why magic materia is green, etc, etc, so what's the big deal with Vincent's glove? Some things don't have a meaning, they are to be accepted as how they are. If you question everything in life you will get nowhere, and the only thing you will gain from it are more questions. It's just a demonstration of Square's quirkiness and attention to detail.

What are you a Square exec

Big D
10-24-2004, 04:25 AM
What are you a Square execHe's not, but then neither are you.

All we know for sure is that Vincent wears a glove on his left hand. It's a real leap of logic and imagination to connect that with his Limit Breaks, which we know to be the result of Hojo's experiments.

:DNow, on a lighter note...We're not all going to question why Barret doesn't wear a shirtPure, degrading sexual exploitation is the only possible explanation.why Nanaki has a headressThey had to give him some kind of clothing, and he'd looked silly in pants.why Yuffie has a shield on her left armConvenient storage space for stolen materia, and it also provides additional protection, which she'd need since she's got such a small frame.why Cait Sith has a yellow hatHe's holding out. He's actually got a Hypno Crown (to go with the Manipulate materia he's got when you first meet him), but he's selfish and deceitful so he keeps it to himself.It's just a demonstration of Square's quirkiness and attention to detail.
I couldn't agree more. Tetsuya Nomrua's designs are good like that. Lots of little features and details. Squall's millions of belts are another good example; they don't "prove" that he's into bondage, they're just a quirk of his costume that probably have some kind of use (carrying ammo, for instance) that never get fully explained by the plot.

The Amazing Spiderman
10-24-2004, 04:56 AM
Ahhh....uuhh...ehmm....Kind of Exotic fashion?

I always thought that about it. Just a kind-of Complete ARM-armor, just like cloud those kind of armlets also.

krissy
10-24-2004, 05:42 AM
hojo was working on it
im assuming it was cut off and a monster limb was attatched ergo mutations

One winged angel of death
10-26-2004, 11:13 PM
I think he just waers that....He could rip your stomache open with that....wow...I need one heh.......that or he ripped his arm off....but that's doubtful when he transforms he has both arms so.....he wears it.