PDA

View Full Version : FFIV when should I save the world?

i-kant
09-20-2004, 03:09 AM
ok i'm at the last save point, just before making the long trek to where that lunar sage and golbez is battling zemus.

My five troopers are at different levels ranging from 56 to 60. Am I ready or should I do more levelling? levelling is oh so boooooooring....

Sefie1999AD
09-20-2004, 05:47 PM
You should be fine with those levels. Just make sure Rosa has time to cast Cure 4 after every Big Bang and that she survives the attack herself. If you're playing FF4 Hard Type (fan-translated for SNES or the PSX version), Zeromus uses Big Bang very frequently, so if you aren't fast enough to counter it with Cure 4 every time, you may want to lower your battle speed a bit.

Flying Mullet
09-20-2004, 05:49 PM
And I'm sure you're doing this by this point in the game, but make sure you cast Haste on Rosa so she can get in there with the healing more often.

Sefie1999AD
09-20-2004, 07:32 PM
And I'm sure you're doing this by this point in the game, but make sure you cast Haste on Rosa so she can get in there with the healing more often.

I wouldn't recommend that. IIRC, only Rosa can cast Haste, and every time you use her to cast Haste, that means one less Cure 4. Zeromus uses Black Hole several times during the battle, and it remove all positive status spells, such as Protect, Shell, Reflect, Float, Haste etc.

Flying Mullet
09-20-2004, 07:54 PM
I don't have Rosa cast Haste on the whole party, only herself, so she can cast cures more rapidly.

Sefie1999AD
09-20-2004, 08:55 PM
FM: Yeah, but usually the last boss uses Black Hole after the first or second Big Bang, so Haste will only benefit you for a couple of turns. I guess it's better than nothing, but after Black Hole dispels Rosa's Haste, it's better to just use Cure 4 rather than trying to cast Haste again. Then again, I think one of Edge's blades (either Masamune or Murasama) can be used for casting Haste. If you can target characters other than Edge with the Haste effect, then feel free to use it on Rosa.

Flying Mullet
09-21-2004, 02:35 PM
Agreed. I jus tlike using Haste on her at the beginning of the battle if no one needs healing to help out that little bit.