PDA

View Full Version : Around The Horn

The Captain
09-20-2004, 04:38 AM
For all my fellow ESPN fans, I'm sure you've heard of this show, "Around The Horn" in which 4 sports writers from across the country debate sports issues. Yet, the more I watch it, the more I realize that so much of what goes on in sports today is sadly image and noise driven. Yes, they sometimes make valid points, but more often than not, it's all about trying to please the "Judge", Tony Reali, which bugs me because he often does not share my views on issues and is the ultimate determination of who wins and loses.

Now, on the other hand, take a show like PTI, which is also loud but for me anyway, a much better show because there are no answers, but only opinions. You either like both the people debating and agree with them or don't. Usually, they also make very valid points, which is nice to hear and react to.

What's your take, is "Around The Horn" good for ESPN and sports, is it bad, do you even watch it?

Take care all.

Strider
09-20-2004, 05:02 PM
The good thing about that show is that you can get five different viewpoints on a good day. The bad thing is that most of the time, some of them don't know what they're talking about.

Personally, I like Woody Paige. The guy is passionate, if anything, and he's a much better personality than anyone else who appears on that show.