PDA

View Full Version : The kitchen calls my name...

Mo-Nercy
09-20-2004, 11:26 AM
After a brief creative stint in the kitchen where I opted for a change and made toasted cheese with WHOLEGRAIN BREAD instead of white. Crusts are a little charred...but that's cool, I like a little crunchy goodness. Tastes great by the way. :D

Aside from that. I'm pretty much a two minute noodle making, microwave abusing, fast food eating guy. Occasionally, I'll make pasta or stir-fry overnight rice although I try to avoid that kinda stuff because I've had my fair share of kitchen chaos-related incidents...

I assume that my fellow EoFFers are much much better than me at cooking. But in any case, bring on the discussion.

Can you cook? If not. What did you set on fire and how?

Shlup
09-20-2004, 11:29 AM
I enjoy cooking, and I do it often. A lot of times it's just me deciding that certain things would go good together and making up a dish, but I also follow recipes and know of how make a few things. I still use the microwave for certain things, but I prefer to stand in front of the stove. I try to spoil myself with delicious and (hopefully) healthy foods.

Polaris
09-20-2004, 12:52 PM
I never burn my house so that's a good pint but it's not one my fav. things... I'm 15... I have a plenty of time to cook... but I enjoy make more deserts than food...

Erdrick Holmes
09-20-2004, 12:56 PM
I can cook yes but when I make homemade pizza I sometimes accidentally add too much water to the dough mix. I end up having the crust mix with the sause and it get's all gooey by the time it's done.

Xander
09-20-2004, 01:08 PM
I love food and I'd like to cook more exciting, adventurous things, but I haven't had much experience cooking unless it's something you just chuck in the oven. My parents are going away next week though so I'm planning to use the time to try and cook some more advanced things =P

Armisael
09-20-2004, 01:34 PM
I assume that my fellow EoFFers are much much better than me at cooking.

Not really...i don't know how to cook at all...only some very easy things..

Logan
09-20-2004, 02:11 PM
I can cook certain things. Like macaroni and cheese, and the BEST snickerdoodles in the world, and brownies.

But I can't make eggs properly, or cook chicken or anything. It always turns out bad.

Rusty
09-20-2004, 02:33 PM
I love cooking and food and like to try out different things in the kitchen. My favourite is the stir fry's I make and the Aussie bbq's we have :)

Denmark
09-20-2004, 02:50 PM
I can cook certain things. Like macaroni and cheese, and the BEST snickerdoodles in the world, and brownies.

But I can't make eggs properly, or cook chicken or anything. It always turns out bad.

SEND ME SNICKERDOODLES!

But I'm like Nercy. If I can't cook it in the microwave, I probably won't cook it. Except for "Cheese Dreams", which are bacon and melted cheese on an English Muffin half. <3

-N-
09-20-2004, 10:03 PM
I can't cook too well, but I can cook to save my life. Sandwiches, omelettes, canned food, frozen food, etc. I can also cook a few Indian dishes, but am usually too lazy. I'd say I'm a better bartender.

Chaos
09-20-2004, 10:19 PM
I can cook a little bit. I work in a kitchen so I'm around food lots, so I dont have the enthusiasm to do stuff at home much.

I like making eggy products and I love doing cakes and stuff cos they taste good.

I often get random culinary urges...such as the desire to boil celery or make a parsley omlette.

I dont advise making a parsley omlette. Parsley should never be the main ingredient of any meal.

Ever.

I once burned chicken nuggets in the microwave. I dont know how. But they went black and black goop (formerly chicken) oozed out of them.

All that aside, I am a pretty good cook when I set my mind to it.

Chaos

Giga Guess
09-21-2004, 02:02 AM
I assume that my fellow EoFFers are much much better than me at cooking. But in any case, bring on the discussion.

NOT ME! I am truly talented, as I am one of the few people on this planet that can burn a salad.

Logan
09-21-2004, 02:44 AM
SEND ME SNICKERDOODLES!

But I'm like Nercy. If I can't cook it in the microwave, I probably won't cook it. Except for "Cheese Dreams", which are bacon and melted cheese on an English Muffin half. <3
SEND ME CHEESE DREAMS!

Giga Guess
09-21-2004, 02:47 AM
Send me baked goods...I'm HUNGRY!!!! ^_^

Meat Puppet
09-21-2004, 04:23 AM
I can make all sorts. And fire baby, is just one of the ingredients. http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

Jebus
09-21-2004, 05:19 AM
I can cook a little. I love cooking though. I'm planning on taking one or two classes on it to increase my skill a little sometime.

Cooking are win.

Calliope
09-21-2004, 05:50 AM
Things I 'cook' fairly regularly - scones, toast, stir fries, curries, uh...something.

To be honest I eat most of my food raw these days.

Yamaneko
09-21-2004, 05:57 AM
I cook people... alive.

Strider
09-21-2004, 08:56 AM
I can cook alright. If you put a recipe in front of me, I won't screw it up.

I can also barbecue, make pasta, stuff like that.

Heartless
09-21-2004, 03:52 PM
Not really...i don't know how to cook at all...only some very easy things..
Same here...

Silmaril
09-21-2004, 06:55 PM
I once electrocuted myself with the toaster. it was an honest mistake and now my family doesn't trust me in the kitchen.

Cz
09-21-2004, 07:09 PM
I can't cook much, so I microwave a lot of my meals.

Luckily for me, most of my favourite foods are simple to prepare, such as pasta and sandwiches (not together, of course). :D

Peegee
09-22-2004, 08:00 AM
I can cook/prepare a lot of things. So many that this is hardly an exhaustive list:

Beef:

Steak, meatballs, ground beef, corned beef, burgers

Chicken:

um....pan fry chicken breast? I haven't cooked whole chicken yet. Then there's re-heating chicken nuggets/wings/burgers/strips(fingers)

Eggs:

Fried, scrambled, boiled, egg salad (not much here heh) -- I sort of refuse to make omelettes, but I have no trouble eating them

Sauces:

Spaghetti sauce -- regular spaghetti sauce mixed with ketchup and a sprinkle of sugar (TRY IT)

Seafood:

Lobster and shrimp (I haven't tried to make crab yet)
Pan fried fish fillets

Veggies

Not much here -- I like raw cut up veggie sticks, but I can make potato salad -- mashed potatoes, mayo, miracle whip. Also fries, baked potato, potato chips.

Um, boiling broccoli I guess. I haven't steamed veggies in my life.

And a bunch of stuff any kid can do, like PB sandwiches.

Oh and pasta/rice...and a bunch I can't recall.

OH I know how to make creme brulee and chocolate cookie/whipped cream cake! Yay.

Calliope
09-23-2004, 10:50 AM
Why do so many people find cooking so hard? Or appear to, at least.

Meat Puppet
09-23-2004, 11:06 AM
At school I used to always fail my practical assessments because I'd go nuts and invent my own whacky stuff in the kitchen. My meringues tasted better than everyones, though :mad:

Skogs
09-23-2004, 12:28 PM
Yay, I like cooking. Most commonly I cook a chicken stir-fry, pasta bolognese or pasta with crab and lemon. Other dishes I do from time to time are stuffed peppers, jambalaya, pasta with sausage and bacon and I have orchestrated a pretty successful Christmas dinner.

Meat Puppet
09-23-2004, 02:43 PM
I love stuffed peppers, but all my friends bully me about it so I can only eat them in secret. :'(

Giga Guess
09-24-2004, 12:57 AM
Why do so many people find cooking so hard? Or appear to, at least.

Meh. I'm a good cook, so long as I keep my mind on the task...