PDA

View Full Version : anyone good with computers??

louby_4eva
09-20-2004, 08:14 PM
hi, i have a problem with well my computer..........duh. Anyway, the prob is I have freeserve hometime internet thing and, ya know the lil E at the bottom of the screen, whenever I click on it, nothing happens, and on internet tools, it says the my homepage is ??G I've tried to change it but it just stays the same, if I cant sort this problem out I'll have to re-install windows which is REALLY annoying :mad2: . I think the virus my comp has may have caused this problem, its a trojan horse. Can anyone help?? :cry:

Baloki
09-20-2004, 08:20 PM
whats a computer?

scan with antivirus and spyware killers :D

Levian
09-20-2004, 08:25 PM
May I recommend Spybot? My computer was a mess before I installed it. After that it worked like a charm! .... and now it's a mess again. :freak:

Shoeberto
09-20-2004, 08:43 PM
From what I could tell (sorry, but your message was a bit cryptic for me), they seem to have a problem getting Internet Explorer to open, which makes it difficult to download and install spybot, not doesn't it?

If you have access to a different computer, though, especially one with a CD burner, try getting Spybot Search and Destroy and Adaware installed and run them on your computer. Hopefully it will help.

Baloki
09-20-2004, 08:44 PM
From what I could tell (sorry, but your message was a bit cryptic for me), they seem to have a problem getting Internet Explorer to open, which makes it difficult to download and install spybot, not doesn't it?

If you have access to a different computer, though, especially one with a CD burner, try getting Spybot Search and Destroy and Adaware installed and run them on your computer. Hopefully it will help.

I said use an anti-virus and most new ones come with anti-spyware thingies built in

Dr Unne
09-20-2004, 09:56 PM
Format your HD and reinstall Windows. That's the only real way to remove a virus.

Levian
09-20-2004, 10:21 PM

He/she said he/she had a problem by clicking the internet explorer button on the toolbar, but she also said she/he entered the internet tools screen, which means that she/he in some way must have opened IE, so I guess she can open it in some way, but not when she presses the IE button on the toolbar. And he/she obviously has a problem with startpages too. So, if I understood her/him right, she can still download spybot. Besides, if she didn't had the ability to download it, she could easily download it from a friends' computer and burn it onto a CD. Things aren't harder than what you make it to be.

crono_logical
09-21-2004, 01:19 AM
There's clearly something bad going on if you can't change your home page :p I think Unne's answer is the most sensible in this particular situation :p After following Unne's steps, download Mozilla or Mozilla Firefox, and replace IE completely to help prevent getting infected again :p