PDA

View Full Version : HELP URGENTLY NEEDED

iluvpenelo
09-20-2004, 10:24 PM
Could someone pleeeeeeease give me the best, most kick-assenist strategy for killing the machina crawler thing??? you know, the thing that disables all your magic, when yuna is going to marry seymour. i just cant kill it. plleeeeeeeease,. i need the ULTIMATE, FOOL PROOF strategy for this one. he's the only boss so far that i havent beaten on my first go and he's driving me crazy!!!

Necronopticous
09-21-2004, 12:12 AM
Simple, get full overdrive bars before the battle and instantly take out the negator with physical overdrives like Wakka's attack reels (if you have them, they're worth the 2-3 hour time investment into Blitzball) and Kimahri's Seed Cannon. If that doesn't take it down, pound it with Wakka's normal attack and Kimahri's lancet. Make sure you have someone keeping your health up with potions, preferably Rikku since she's quick. She can also mix up something nasty for the negator if need be, although it doesn't have many hit points and should go down relatively fast. After this thing's gone it's no-holds-barred, have Lulu nuke him, and use all of your Aeon's overdrives. You should have this guy beaten in no time with this method.

P.S. Make sure you build up your Aeon's overdrives beforehand so they're ready to be used once you take that pesky Negator down. Good luck! Let me know if this helps.

Mo-Nercy
09-21-2004, 08:21 AM
Necronoifjhunjioundsfoujhiuzndsdfudus's strat is pretty generally accepted to be the most effective way to take down most tricky bosses with only a little preparation.

However, the Machina Crawler is hardly difficult by any definition. You can take down the Negator if you want but then that let's the Machina use Magic Cannon. I don't like this so much so I prefer to leave the Negator be and just hammer away while healing..that's right healing. Without Magic Cannon, tha foo' can only chip away at the health. If you have Pray, it's really all you need to survive this. If you use Rikku, Tidus and Yuna, the three will dodge those crazy Machina potshots Matrix-style. It 0wns.

iluvpenelo
09-21-2004, 12:13 PM
thanx guys, il try both of them and tell ya which one worked

*modify*:

Not getting rid of the negator worked better and gave me more time but the thing still killed me.. TWICE!!

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help??! :( :cry:

Old Manus
09-21-2004, 04:35 PM
Ready?

Machina Crawler

HP:16000
AP:4400

ELEMENTAL PROPERTIES:
FIRE: - LIGHTNING: x1.5
WATER: - ICE: NONE

Negator
HP: 1000
AP: 220

ELEMENTAL PROPERTIES:
FIRE: HALF LIGHTNING: -
WATER: HALF ICE: HALF

STRATEGY:
It would be useful to enter the battle with all overdrives at maximum if you are at low levels. Use wakka to take down the negator, then immediately bring Yuna in and Grand Summon an overdrived Ixion. Immediately unleash Thor's Hammer to deal around 9999 damage, then if the crawler does not use Mana Beam, use Thor's Hammer again to kill it off. If, however, Ixion loses out to Mana beam, continue to attack it with overdrives such as Energy Rain and Attack Reels to defeat it. It is also useful to use Armour break on Crawler if it is available.

P.S. If you are strong enough to fight without using magic and Aeons, don't destroy the Negator.

Necronopticous
09-21-2004, 09:20 PM
Necronoifjhunjioundsfoujhiuzndsdfudus

For future reference: "ifjhunjioundsfoujhiuzndsdfud" is equivilent to "ptico".

As a matter of ratios: 4:2+2 as "ifjhunjioundsfoujhiuzndsdfud":"ptico"

iluvpenelo
09-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Okay, this will make me sound like im completely crap at FF games, admittedly, im far from the best but ive never had this much boss trouble in any of the other games. could anyone help me kill seymour natus?? he's a b*tch!! PLEEEEEEEASE HELP!! Oh and im a little dim, so step by step stratregies would be GREATLY appreciated

Cloud man 1989
09-27-2004, 12:16 AM
undefined
Necronoifjhunjioundsfoujhiuzndsdfudus's strat is pretty generally accepted to be the most effective way to take down most tricky bosses with only a little preparation.

However, the Machina Crawler is hardly difficult by any definition. You can take down the Negator if you want but then that let's the Machina use Magic Cannon. I don't like this so much so I prefer to leave the Negator be and just hammer away while healing..that's right healing. Without Magic Cannon, tha foo' can only chip away at the health. If you have Pray, it's really all you need to survive this. If you use Rikku, Tidus and Yuna, the three will dodge those crazy Machina potshots Matrix-style. It 0wns.

This is the worst way. Just kill the negator then bring out Lulu and pound away with thundara(If you dont have this by now I dont see how you got this far) and just before it uses the magic beam bring out your Ixion(well any Aeon that has its overdrive) and use its overdrive.
Keep doing this until it puts out another negator. Destroy the negator and as long as you attack the machina crawler with Auron within one turn of the magic beam then the magic beam will fail.
-easy as pie-