PDA

View Full Version : Vocal Music

Jolts
09-21-2004, 07:29 AM
So, which one did you like the most? (man, I like asking these kinda' question...don't I?)

Anyway, mine is definately One Winged Angel. Otherworld was awesome, too.

By the way, if I failed to list one, I'm sorry, but I can't know everything.

Polaris
09-21-2004, 02:40 PM
The Dream Within and Eyes on me

Heartless
09-21-2004, 03:41 PM
I like them all a lot but i'll go with 1000 words..it has something special....

Chris
09-21-2004, 06:37 PM
Where's the song "Sound of the Wind" from the FFCC soundtrack?
It's the best vocal song in the entire Final Fantasy serie.

Ouch!
09-22-2004, 02:14 AM
I loved One Winged Angel, but not really for the vocals, so I didn't vote for it.

Eyes on Me wasn't too terribly good, but it wasn't bad either. I won't attempt to spell the song from the beginning of FFVIII, the kind of theme for the sorceress, but that was a bit better. Still, like One Winged Angel, it was just Latin, except in the case where they said the words that the song is named for which were some strange rearrangement of something like Succession of Witches Love. Yeah...

I only like the The Layers of Harmony version of Melodies of Life. The other versions weren't anything special.

Otherworldwas awesome. Maybe the song itself wasn't awesome, but the blitz match and the final battle definately made the song great. It was also something different, there hadn't been any songs like that in Final Fantasy before, not really.

Both of the songs from FFX-2 were horribly annoying. I don't like pop. I didn't like Yuna turning into a pop-diva. I didn't like the songs she sang. Real Emotion was worse than 1,000 Words, but I didn't much like either.

I don't even remember The Dream Within, but I don't think I'd like it.

I don't know the chocobo one either.

Both versions of Simple and Clean were awesome. The one in the openning credits was upbeat and got you going, while the slower version in they end gave a sad tone with the splitting of two friends. I personally liked the slow one better, it had more emotion to it.

I voted the longer Simple and Clean and Otherworld.

Trumpet Thief
09-22-2004, 02:19 AM
chaos: Oh, Simple and Clean was so catchy! I would be voting for that one, except...

Rubedo: Meh, I'm more of an Eyes on Me fan. I just couldn't help but love it...

chaos: Rubedo? I thought you would agree with me...

Trowa: I enjoyed Melodies of Life. Something more simple...

chaos:... Albedo?

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally* I prefered one of those powerful tones, like One Winged Angel!

Trowa: Now what do we do?

Rubedo: Draw sticks?

chaos: *Holds hand out*

Albedo: *grumbles as he sees the smallest one*

Trowa: I win?

chaos: Damn!

Jolts
09-22-2004, 09:29 AM
As for the FF: CC song, sorry, but I've never even heard of it. Well, now we know Chris's favorite :D.

Mo-Nercy
09-22-2004, 02:46 PM
I'm a sucker for mainstream pop culture and you can't get anymore J-Pop than Real Emotion and to a lesser extent, 1000 Words.

Simple and Clean's japanese version sounds a lot better. Koda Kumi is definitely a better singer in japanese.

crono_logical
09-22-2004, 03:17 PM
Kaze No Ne from FFCC is great, especially the remix of it that came on the single :p

The Chocobo Racing ending is called "Treasure Chest of the Heart", and I don't particularly like it at all, I don't even find it listenable to like some of the worse ones amongst that list up there :p

One Winged Angel is okay, though I guess it's starting to get boring to me due to it's age :p

Eyes on Me isn't too bad either, I prefer the japanese lyric version though with different instruments.

Melodies of Life is pretty good. I was particularly impressed in the live version where the singer started off in Japanese, then switched to English for one of the middle verses, then back to Japanese to finish the song off :p

Otherworld, although mostly noise to me when played on its own, fit in the game during it's respective scenes pretty well :p

I find 1000 Words pretty boring. Real Emotion is better, though I prefer the Japanese version, I don't like the English version used on the English version of the game though. The English version sung by Koda Kumi is much better, if only because of all the engrish she uses which makes it quite funny to listen to :p

The Dream Within (first ending theme for TSW) is a nice track, but I don't like the theme that plays after it, nor can I remember its name :p

I find KH's song too generic :p

I'm too lazy to go through all the other few dozen vocal FF songs there are with someone singing to a remix of regular FF themes, or all the other decent songs from other game series :p

Chris
09-22-2004, 03:25 PM
As you said the Japanese title of "Sound of the Wind" is called "Kazenone" And the singer is called Yae. It's fantastic.

Jolts
09-23-2004, 08:25 AM
Hey, isn't there another one from FFX? I think it plays during the "kissing" vido. I'm just now remembering this, and I also don't know the name of it (I'm pretty sure it exists...).

dman
09-23-2004, 11:50 AM
OWA, Liberi Fatali, and some Risa Ohki tracks.

crono_logical
09-23-2004, 12:53 PM
Hey, isn't there another one from FFX? I think it plays during the "kissing" vido. I'm just now remembering this, and I also don't know the name of it (I'm pretty sure it exists...).That would be the short version of Suteki Da Ne, but it appears the longer version isn't on the poll either :p

Jolts
09-23-2004, 11:41 PM
Hey, read my first post, thrid line. I'm not perfect, nor do I claim to be. Any song I missed, you'll just have to mention yourself (or create the poll again, but it'll probably be closed 'cause this one is still here).

I simply remembered one that I forgot, and mentioned it.

Del Murder
09-26-2004, 05:12 PM
OWA. I'm not a big fan of songs with lyrics.

Ancient Goddess
09-26-2004, 05:24 PM
I did like the orchestrated version of Suteki da Ne better than any of the ones on the poll. However, if I had to pick, it would be Other World.

One-Winged Angel is good, but it's getting to be on my nerves...so many FF fans play it nonstop (including some of my friends who are gamers), and I am totally drawn off by fanboys.

Eyes On Me was so incredibly annoying. Mostly because I hated Rinoa and her theme when it came on during the game.

Melodies of Life was okay...nothing really special about it, IMO.

All the music in X-2...I didn't like it enough to make much note of the songs in it.

The Chocobo Racing one...hmm Chocobo songs/themes don't really impress me too much, but I think I like this Chocobo theme (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=58184) better.

I agree with the people who have said that the Japanese version of Simple and Clean was better. It had a little more substance than the English one.

So, yeah...I voted for Other World.

Necronopticous
09-27-2004, 08:52 AM
"A voice from the past, joining yours and mine, adding up the layers of harmony."

"A thousand words, called out through the ages will cradle you and carry you home, and back into my arms."

Beautiful quotes from my two favorites.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-27-2004, 09:14 AM
By far, "Small Two of Pieces ~Restored Pieces."

Rusty
09-28-2004, 09:31 AM
I loved Eyes On Me and 1000 words, they were both beautiful.

Daryl
10-03-2004, 04:29 AM
Of what was listed, I liked Melodies of Life and The Dream Within best.

Overall the best song I have heard a vocal version of is Wanderer of Time/Terra's theme. Oh, yeah.

Odaisé Gaelach
02-26-2005, 08:55 PM
The Japanese version of Real Emotion is my favourite.

The only other one that I've heard is Melodies of Lfe and The Dream Within. Every version of Melodies of Life either has poor music or bad vocals. The Dream Within had brilliant lyrics, but Real Emotion is just much more upbeat.

Jojee
02-26-2005, 09:19 PM
Hehehe... I've only heard the first three up there :| Melodies of Life = pretty! I recorded myself singing Eyes on Me years ago >_> What was I thinking? Anyway, Eyes on Me is pretty too.

Maya
02-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Emiko Shiratori has the best voice. So melodies of life is my choice.

I Don't Need A Name
03-02-2005, 09:18 PM
1000 words is my choice

Destai
03-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Final Fantasy VII - One Winged Angel I didnt like as much in the game but I love the reorcestration the AC trailers
Final Fantasy VIII - Eyes On Me I really loved this one when i first heard it but Ive grown less fond of it. I still enjoy it though.
Final Fantasy IX - Melodies Of Life meh
Final Fantasy X - Otherworld Unique and realy great
Final Fantasy X-2 - Real Emotion *yawn*
Final Fantasy X-2 - 1000 Words More interesting than real emotion but not much better.
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - The Dream Within I havent heard this song much but what I have heard I really enjoyed
Kingdom Hearts - Simple And Clean Im assuming you're talking about the version that plays in the opening? Its the platnm b remix. I found the english full version of the remix recently and I absaloutely love it.
Kingdom Hearts - Simple And Clean (longer version) The normal version you mean? Not half as good as the remix.
Xenogears - Small Two of Pieces Ive never played anything xeno but for no particular reason I downloaded this and really really enjoy it.

Mittopotahis
03-31-2005, 05:21 AM
Where's the song "Sound of the Wind" from the FFCC soundtrack?
It's the best vocal song in the entire Final Fantasy serie.
Im listening to it now! But i still like 1000 words the best
Isnt it Sigh of the Wind?

DocFrance
04-01-2005, 03:48 AM
Clearly, the only choice here is "Small Two of Pieces," sung by the beautiful and talented Joanne Hogg.

crono_logical
04-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Im listening to it now! But i still like 1000 words the best
Isnt it Sigh of the Wind?They're both the same, since it's only a rough translation anyway :p I prefer "sound" anyway :p

Heath
04-01-2005, 03:52 PM
I've not heard all of them myself, though I like Eyes on Me the most. Melodies of Life was nicer without the vocals, I think. And I've always liked The Birth of a God and Jenova Absolute more than One Winged Angel out of the final boss themes of FFVII.

DaggerFlux
04-07-2005, 09:57 PM
even though it doesnt play in a actual final fantasy game, i would have to say my favourate final fantasy vocal track is from Final Fantasy Pray (i think) and its terras theme vocal.

in the games though, i would have to say suteki da ne

Raven Nox
04-10-2005, 12:21 AM
hmm... I like the Layers of Harmony version of Melodies of Life, but I also really like the korean version of Suteki da ne. The japanese isn't nearly as good as the korean. I love the FFX-2 themes though... but I really like Simple and Clean... (someone said Koda Kumi sang it and it's japanese, but she did the X-2 theme, not the KH ones, that was Hikaru Utada, it was probably a typo... but it annoyed me...) so yeah, I'm going with Simple and Clean, I even enjoy it more then it's japanese version.

Destai
04-10-2005, 12:33 AM
What about that song from Chrono Cross, Radical dreamers~Without taking the Jewel. At least thats what I think it was called. It was really nice. Not as nice as Small two of pieces but not far behind.

Servilonus2112
04-10-2005, 01:26 AM
Go listen to J-Pop, or listen to better songs.

Masamuneˇ1600
04-10-2005, 01:51 AM
OWA. Liberi Fatali should have been on the list, though.

*~Nirvana~*
04-15-2005, 12:21 PM
1000 words. It had the most meaning and depth to it (i thought anyway) and it just came at the right moment and right time - had the most impact on me and i found it pretty emotional :crying:

Perducci
04-16-2005, 12:03 AM
As muich as I like One Winged Angel, I think that Eyes On Me will get my vote.

Charlotte
04-26-2005, 04:19 AM
I like the Simple and Clean long version. I love listening to that theme. :D

Fire_Emblem776
04-29-2005, 02:49 PM
I also love FF Pray. Mayatoyas Cave, and terras theme :D