PDA

View Full Version : Sephiroth VS Ansem

Jolts
09-21-2004, 07:43 AM
This is a tough one for me. I like it when Ansem yells out "submit!," but I also like it when Sephiroth says "Sin's harvest" before instantly killing you (unless you have Second Chance equipped, or interfere his attack).
However, I'm choosing Sephiroth. You see how insane he really is when you defeat him. As he's being "returned to the planet," I noticed he was slightly smiling, as if he were glad to be defeated.

Dark Matter
09-22-2004, 11:50 AM
I chose Ansem .... because he said sth like .....
"Come and open your heart to darkmatter. :spin:
I fell in love with him after I won the final battles. :love:

Pheesh
09-22-2004, 12:29 PM
yeah but i don't think he would win. You have to take into account that sephiroth kind of....well.... kicks A$$. He's the hardest boss, he's got more style and a move that takes off all of your health and mp. I dont think all the love from you can save ansem from a masamune (dunno how to spell that.) through the guts.

P.S. SEPHY OWNZZZZZ

Ouch!
09-22-2004, 06:06 PM
Ansem really wasn't anything special. I was able to defeat him on expert around level 50. When I tried Sephiroth at level 55 (which is what I was able to beat him at on normal, go figure) he handed my ass to me on a silver platter.

Sephiroth was much cooler, and he only had a brief introduction. I just loved it when he was kneeling, his wing spread out and then he held his arm out at his side and the remix of One Winged Angel started playing. It was simply awesome. It gave me a chill, whereas Ansem's introduction was the same thing he said at the beginning of the game.

Even Ansem's final form would get whooped by Sephiroth. Sin of Heartless Angel would leave Ansem for dead, and even all the Shadow Balls and Invisibles would go down in one hit. Ansem had nothing on Sora for me, and he would definately have nothing on Sephiroth.

Bahumat
09-23-2004, 08:36 AM
Sephy would OWN Ansem. sorry, the only way to survive would be to hide behind that bloody shadow all the time. thats just to survive. once sepheroth goes berserk (flies around hacking everything) Ansem would fall.

DJZen
09-24-2004, 05:57 AM
I dunno, Ansem just won't die. Besides, I liked him more as a character, just a lot more interesting.

And it's DESCEND, HEARTLESS ANGEL!!!

Ultima Shadow
09-24-2004, 07:10 AM
Sephy all the way. He's stronger, harder, cooler and have better boss music.

Pheesh
09-24-2004, 02:40 PM
you realize that all the people that have voted for ansem can't really say how ansem would win they've just sed that they like him better (thats a point not an insult). Go on, admit it...... sephy would beat the living %@%* out of ansem.

I dunno, Ansem just won't die.

Thats a bit wierd considering that sora kills him.

DJZen
09-24-2004, 10:58 PM
Nope, he didn't. Watch the ending again.

Carnage
09-24-2004, 11:15 PM
If youve fought sephiroth and ansem and beaten them both you would know sephiroth is a million times harder. I didnt even have to bother healing against ansem. (No sarcasm)

Dante WolfWood
09-24-2004, 11:53 PM
I know, septhy is WAY harder than ansem...I decided once I was able to defeat septhy, I could maybe take on ansem...Well, after 17 tries (yes, SEVENTEEN TRIES!!!!) I finally defeated septhy and took on ansem. I also cried when I found out how EASY he was! Hell, that monster in agrabah at the end is way harder then him! fook, i was so mad...

Trumpet Thief
09-25-2004, 12:10 AM
Trowa: There is no use reasoning on why Sephiroth is better than Ansem...

Rubedo: Heck, it should be a fact!

DJZen
09-25-2004, 04:37 AM
Alls I'm saying is that Ansem doesn't stay down.

Pheesh
09-25-2004, 05:25 AM
he may not stay down but he blows up into a million peices of light. I think thats considered as a death.

Jolts
09-25-2004, 07:28 AM
that monster in agrabah at the end
Kurt Zisa?

I don't think Sephiroth died either. He disappeared into a stream of light, just like Ansem did. I think they just teleported somewhere to rest up a bit.

Bahumat
09-28-2004, 07:00 AM
Sephy teleported, although it did look like the Kingdom Hearts door blew Ansem up, i reckon he survived (he is too good a villain for them not to keep him for KH2!!!). Kurt is A LOT harder than ansem, but not nearly as hard as sephy.

raoul2000
09-28-2004, 01:13 PM
Sephiroth and Ansem are both on whole different levels...!
Sephiroth wins easily...plus Ansem, in terms of design is just a Sephiroth clone with much much less charisma...!
However I was glad Ansem was the villain and not that sorceress...from sleeping beauty, or Rikku

KentaRawr!
09-28-2004, 03:18 PM
Ansem...or Sephy... if they battled, sephy would win. But if you mean whos a better character... Well I still say sephy. He may not have any story what so ever in KH, but he has alot of story in ff7 ^_^ allthough if were only talking KH... Ansem wins! now if ansem yells submit to sephy and the lone gaurdian *did I see him in super mario RPG!?* goes into sephiroths body, sephiroth miiight lose. but then sephiroth rids of ansems HP >_> dun dun! the boss thats harder to beat is clearly sephy. Ansem...even though sephy's attacks are random too, its easier to notice ansems. Spoiler: After Ansem turns into that huge beast, just fly away from him and his slashing away at air o_O

Del Murder
09-29-2004, 02:34 AM
I had a harder time with Seph so he would win.

Ouch!
09-29-2004, 02:43 AM
DESCEND, HEARTLESS ANGEL!!!
Oh dear god, don't get into that.

Fun fact: Kurt Ziza's name came from one of those name-in-game contest thingies.

Spoilers, yay!
As a character, Ansem is so much cooler than Sephiroth. Sephiroth read a couple books, that totally misinformed him about his origins and decided to become a God. He's running around like a raving lunatic who thinks he's an Ancient and that he should take back the world for his heritage.

Ansem, on the other hand, slowly turned to darkness as he studied the heartless. He learned more and more until he cast off his body and delved into complete darkness. How does an insane guy with a big sword go against that?

I still stand by, Sephiroth would serve Ansem his rear on a silver platter any day.

Ryth
10-05-2004, 01:48 AM
What kind of question is this!?!?! Sephiroth is 999,999,999x cooler and stronger than Ansem it is cool how Ansem says "Submit!" and "Open your heart to the darkness!" but Sephiroth is cooler and Ansem doesn't use his own strength most of the time and when he does he needs to fuse with the monster ship and become gigantic at first he made his Hunguardian (sometimes he says that and I assume it is what that thing behind him is) to do all the dirty work he just shouts commands and even when he is a giant thing he still gets assistance from these Heartless and giant monster head....wuss. So Sephiroth in every category.

DJZen
10-05-2004, 07:49 AM
That "monster" and that "ship" were created of Ansem's will. Much like how Sephiroth turned himself into a weird six winged thingy. Cloud takes the real Sephiroth out in one hit. For reals, yo. Just wait and see who's really more powerful...

TasteyPies
10-05-2004, 10:37 PM
Sephiroth is just so bad arse.

Ryth
10-06-2004, 12:43 AM
That "monster" and that "ship" were created of Ansem's will. Much like how Sephiroth turned himself into a weird six winged thingy. Cloud takes the real Sephiroth out in one hit. For reals, yo. Just wait and see who's really more powerful...

Sephy wins in every category EVERYTIME! Though Ansem did make a better dicision as Zaphier said, so really almost every category not all catergories Ansem might of had more of a chance if he wouldn't say darkness in almost every sentence he speaks and wasn't such a boring boss he is such a wussy little numbnut!

Trumpet Thief
10-06-2004, 12:47 AM
chaos: My opinion has slightly changed. Firstly, I liked Sephiroth quite a bit. First how he fought alongside Cloud, and slowly, fell into denial, felt like he was being used, or something to that extent, and turned everyone else into his puppet.

Rubedo: I liked Ansem just as much though. Reading the Ansem Reports tells you a bit more. First, studying the darkness, then slowly, getting enguled by it. So I guess staying neutral would be best for me. Although, in terms of battle, Sephiroth would win simply because of SuperNova.

Vaprice
10-06-2004, 01:23 AM
Okay seriously dude...

Look at Ansem...

Now look at Sephiroth...

*Famles burst out from nowhere as one winged angel theme song starts to play...all hell has broken loose. All shall die, all shall die by his mighty hand*

:love:

DJZen
10-06-2004, 07:10 AM
The only thing Sephiroth is good at is being a pawn.

ninja-yuffie
10-09-2004, 10:43 AM
what a pointless vote. i totally kicked ansems ass into the light, totally seprioth two words "SIN HARVEST" and he's down.

Ansem/Sephy
12-03-2005, 05:00 AM
They're both awesome; a tie. Personally, I think if they did come across one and other, Sephiroth would say Ansem was unworthy; Ansem would say Sephiroth wasn't worth the effort. Seph would brandish his sword, and Ansem would laugh, Seph would loose it, and attack. Guardian shows up, blocks Sephy, and Ansem mocks him. Sephiroth teleports behind him and attacks. Ansem gets mad, and starts his Strike Raid-like move and Seph blocks what he can. Sephiroth calls Meteor and attacks Ansem. He is hit, a lot, so he calls upon the Realm Hearts and Darkness. Sephiroth makes good use of his wing and performs jumps and acrobatics while attacking. Ansem blocks and attacks back with his halberd. They battle extrodinarily in the Realm of Darkness until it ends. Personally, if one goes down, I think, he's taking the other with him.

Raven Nox
12-03-2005, 05:50 AM
In a battle, Sephy would win. For personally, it's a tie. They both have nice stories, even if Sephy's is a little psyco.

FFX_fanatiq
12-03-2005, 06:16 AM
Sephiroth would kick that weak disney characters ass :O

KH1992
12-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Sephiroth would kick that weak disney characters ass :O
Without a doubt. Sephiroth beats Ansem all the way. Can't be any simpler than that...
Sephy would make Ansem drink his own piss...
Anyway, they both lost to Sora... that's kinda sad...

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Ansem isn't a Disney character.

And in terms of battle, Sephiroth would win easily.

KH1992
12-03-2005, 10:57 PM
Ansem is kinda a Disney character... he's half Square's and half Disney's... oh well, he still sucks big time...

Ansem/Sephy
12-05-2005, 01:32 AM
Ansem doesn't use his own strength most of the time and when he does he needs to fuse with the monster ship and become gigantic

Neither did Sephiroth. He used Jenova's power and couldn't even stand up to Cloud without it. He proved that in his final form.

Cruise Control
12-05-2005, 02:08 AM
Ansem, Sephiroth is an annoying pretty-boy (like Link).

RaidenWeb17
12-06-2005, 12:01 AM
You shouldnt even have to think about this one. Sephiroth of course.

Psydekick
12-06-2005, 08:31 PM
You shouldnt even have to think about this one. Sephiroth of course.
I have said before and I will say again sephy rules ansem drools!

Ansem/Sephy
12-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Psyco! Ansem was designed by SE (COMPLETELY BY SE)!

An-e-ways . . . they're both KOOL . . .

ffxfreak93
12-07-2005, 03:01 AM
sephiroth would pawn the sh!t out of ansem

KuRt
12-07-2005, 10:21 AM
Sephy all the way. He's stronger, harder, cooler and have better boss music.
and also, He´s overrated.

Fatal Impurity
12-07-2005, 12:31 PM
sephy is COOL but he was piss easy to beat in ff7!

Yuffie514
12-07-2005, 03:04 PM
not quite, i found him [Safer Sephiroth] a little harder to beat than Ansem. still, the vote goes to the birthgod and - red.

Super856
12-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Sephiroth was a pathetic character in KH his personality was so shallow. It only takes a few sentences to describe it. Duel Sora, I think I'm so good by casting Death on him (not duelign anyway!). See, how lame of him. And he should've been difficult as he was SUPPOSED TO be the hardest battle. Well, he might have been if all bosses weren't such a breeze. Kurt Zisa was the best boss along with The Phantom!

Ansem was bad A$$ to the max! Where as Sephy was a wimp who was just a lost as Squall in his own mind. Sad, sad, sad. The vote is obvious in my opinon. Ansem is darkness. Explain how anyone can defeat something that never dies. Go on explain....

But first what would most likely happen. Sephiroth comes from his own world and challenges Ansem to a duel (like with Sora), they then start the battle. Sephiroth does his pathetic Berserk like moves (which are so unoriginal and gay), and swings around like mad all the while Ansem uses the "power of darkness" to simply engulf Sephiroth. Of course Sephiroth teleports behind Ansem to start succeeding. Now like most people have said they make it sound like Ansem would just sit there. HELLO! He'd fight back. Since it is a duel you could trust Ansem not to cheat but not Sephy. Sephy would occasionly cast Death on Ansem, which would have no effect. Ansem who likes to teach others wouldn't cheat like Sephy does with Death and he'd use his own strength. Using the dark balls (sorta cheating i suppose) to wring HP off of Sephy instantly. He would them use his long (i think it was a lance) to whack Sephy around a bit. All the while the same would be happenign to Ansem.

The winner would be no-one. A draw is instant. but if it weren't for Sephy's pathetic and childish move Death he might just win. I voted Ansem because he is cool and doesn't dress like a freakin' pyscho that Sephy really is.

Pouring Rain
12-08-2005, 11:54 PM
Sephiroth kicks major butt, so he like, wins. Ansem...I like it when he says "Submit!" and "Welcome to the darkness." That's about it.

Bahumat
12-12-2005, 11:27 PM
The winner would be no-one. A draw is instant. but if it weren't for Sephy's pathetic and childish move Death he might just win. I voted Ansem because he is cool and doesn't dress like a freakin' pyscho that Sephy really is.
Have you ever seen Duel Of Fates? When Sephy fight Cloud, he is moving so fast it's not funny. He would Thrash Ansem. Plus, sephy can use meteor and turn invulnerable. Ansem just can't match that.

here for a limited time
12-12-2005, 11:44 PM
have u seen the things seph does? against ansem??
tch
seph all the way i approve

RaidenWeb17
12-13-2005, 01:08 AM
Ansem was bad A$$ to the max! Where as Sephy was a wimp who was just a lost as Squall in his own mind. Sad, sad, sad. The vote is obvious in my opinon. Ansem is darkness. Explain how anyone can defeat something that never dies. Go on explain....
Ha ha thats funny.
Oh and to answer your question about how to defeat something that never dies, I suggest using a keyblade and rapidly tap x over and over again.

It sounds like you have never played FF7, cause then you would realize that Sephy is not a wimpy character or anything like that. He was in SOLIDER, and he was number one in SOLIDER. No one could match him. He could kill anything and everything and no one could stop him. I especially love the first bit of FF7 when you infiltrate Shinra headquarters and find Presiden Shinra dead with Sephy's sword sticking out of his back. That's just so cool. And what did Ansem ever do that was all that bad. He studied the Darkness, thought it was the coolest thing and decided to become one with the Darkness. If that isnt the best motive, then what is?
Another question??? Are we talking about the Kingdom Hearts Sephiroth or the FF7 Sephiroth or just both??? Cause the one in Kingdom Hearts was a little easy after a while, but Ansem was just a stupid pushover, that really didnt have any cool powers, he just relied on that thing behind him to do all the work. Then after that he just swings his sword blindly and you can just bash him in the head.

So with that in mind....while Ansem swings his sword with his eyes closed, Sephy will laugh at him and smack him the face with his Masamune.

here for a limited time
12-13-2005, 01:17 AM
well sed

RaidenWeb17
12-13-2005, 01:21 AM
I haven't played FFVII yet, might soon but it doesn't loook all that good... so I'm rating by personality in KH. Easily Ansem wins, Sephiroth held no personality while Ansem did. While Sephiroth had great strength Ansem posed a serious threat. I could go on but I won't be bothered. Besides Ansem is a cool character and I especially like the:

"This world has been connected. Tied by the darkness. Soon to be completely eclipsed. There is so very much to know. You understand so little. One who knows nothing can understand nothing. A meaningless effort."

That line just puts all the personality into Ansem. While what Sephy (who was a wimp in KH, hope he is better in VII) said was just his moves, and he was useless like Squall when their world was destroyed.

So I say Ansem is definetely much more cool. Those who said Spehiroth haven't given any reasons (those who did had bad ones). So I'd like to hear you explain.
*double post*
This was in the other Sephy vs Ansem thread

you havent even played FF7 and therefore you know abosolutey NOTHING about Sephiroth. But we thank you for you opinion anyways

EDIT: Just kidding about the double post part

here for a limited time
12-13-2005, 01:22 AM
he jus got PWNED

Cloud_omnislash_Strife
12-13-2005, 06:07 AM
Ansem blabs about darkness so I choose Sephy.

summoner_skylar
12-13-2005, 11:59 AM
i say sephiroth cause he would defeat ansem in a heartbeat
ansem don know that many powers but sephy does anywho im all for sephy lol:D

Anniexo
12-13-2005, 08:57 PM
man sephiroth could kill ansem in like one secdon just like he did with aries

Bahumat
12-14-2005, 10:13 PM
For the benifit of those poor souls who have yet to play the game, use spoiler tags when revealing the story.