PDA

View Full Version : wat level

true edge
09-21-2004, 12:30 PM
ye im at the toroiran castle or wateva at the moment, and cecil is on lv20, yang 21 tellah 23 and cid 21, and im having trouble beatin the normal monsters without usin lots of magic. shud i be on a higher level, cas cecil only does like 150 or so damage with one hit.

DJZen
09-21-2004, 09:27 PM
If you're having a hard time, obviously you should level up.

Martyr
09-21-2004, 11:01 PM
But if you have guts, you should beat it. Who knows, you may get yourself a record in those ranks of beating the game earliest!

Del Murder
09-25-2004, 06:19 AM
It's ok to have trouble there. Use your airship to go to the town that has the Mythril items. That should help you. If Cecil is ineffective I would have him cover Yang since his def sucks. At this point in the game I usually nuke the foes outside Tororia with powerful lev3 spells and then go into town to heal when Tellah gets low on mp. That should get you a few levels before you go into the dreaded no metal cave.

nik0tine
09-26-2004, 07:45 PM
Yeah, the metal cave SUCKS!

Robotic Chameleon
10-04-2004, 07:05 PM
This is the hardest part in the game in my opinion, the difficulty spike of enemies from the mysidia area to baron/toroia/tower is quite abrupt.

Mage_of_Fire
10-31-2004, 07:54 PM
O yeah I defintely fought some monsters to level before going into the cave. You can get your mp back easily though if you go to the chocobo forest and talk to the white one.

Going to silveria/mithril town will help a lot, if you have the money (which fighting monsters will help). Tororia has pretty much the best non-metal stuff that you will be able to use in the cave.

I did find that throughout the game I had an extreme shortage of gold. However, of course once I started getting to the moon i got lots... -_-
I now have like over 400k gold and nothing to buy. grrrr. Some of the monsters give you over 10k each (*cough*behemoth*cough*) but with nothing to spend it on the only thing you will care about is the experience. You get a lot of that. ;) My levels are mid-40s now, and I was back about where you were a couple of days ago. Just try to keep your characters alive on the last turn so they all get experience.

I'm looking forward to beating FF4j soon, especially with all the summons that I have. They are my saviors.

Captain Maxx Power
10-31-2004, 09:01 PM
I've never had a problem with money in FF4. Maybe it's because I level up quite a bit between each dungeon, but most equip you buy in FF4 is dirt cheap, and like all good FF, the best items are found in the dungeons.

As for the underground River, the Lit spells will be your best friend. Use them ;)