PDA

View Full Version : gba ff1 played it.what i noticied. (FFI&II Gameplay Differences)

Whitemage_Bishieboy
09-21-2004, 11:40 PM
welcome to my first post,im an obbessive early FF fan and yeah but anyways.
the new GBA ff1.lets see what's diffrent.

stuff is cheaper,lvl4 spells are only 2500g now.
no silver swords in elfland.
you lvl faster,i got to lvl59 without trying :cry: .oh yeah you can go to lvl100 now.
black magic is better,its now intbased.i did 140 or so with fir2,500 with nuke!if not for the fact my black mage enjoys boosting my fighters attack in boss fights he would be the boss killer.though i guess since its his atk buffs and hasteing going on.....
mp system changed to ff standard.some of the prices are just funny though,soft is 10mp :p
chaos' hp is offcially disgusting,i did well over 12000 to him and he never used cur4.
new dungeons didnt see them much though just wanted to speed though the game.
edit:tiamat is immune to bane now

so overall,i dont know wether or not its an improvement being that its somewhat easier.but i cant fault them for makeing my black mage a worthwhile charecter.

Chris
09-22-2004, 06:49 PM
First of all--Welcome to EoFF ;)

And yes, alot has changed since the original Final Fantasy was released for the NES in 1987.

Whitemage_Bishieboy
09-23-2004, 08:05 PM
First of all--Welcome to EoFF ;)

And yes, alot has changed since the original Final Fantasy was released for the NES in 1987.

i just didnt notice any posts noteing whats changed in the gba version(and since i went back 4pages...)i figured id post what i noticied.

Lon611
09-24-2004, 04:14 AM
wait a minute, the gba version is already out?!?!?!?woah man, what have i been up 2 *looks at homework pile*. oh yah .can ne1 tell me how long its been out?

DJZen
09-24-2004, 05:48 AM
It's been out in Japan for a few weeks. It hasn't been out anywhere else. If it was out in the US I wouldn't be typing to yous guys, I'd be busy killing me some more Leg Eaters.

Holla!

Whitemage_Bishieboy
09-24-2004, 07:07 AM
wait a minute, the gba version is already out?!?!?!?woah man, what have i been up 2 *looks at homework pile*. oh yah .can ne1 tell me how long its been out?

yep its in jap.though i doubt that really affects the playability of FF.i just needed unne's walkthough with me when i was buying magic.

DJZen
09-24-2004, 10:48 PM
If you have a walkthrough you won't see the new stuff ;)

Lon611
09-25-2004, 01:52 AM
is there a difference between the wonderswan colour version?> :confused:

DJZen
09-25-2004, 04:35 AM
Dude, read the first post of this thread.

Lon611
09-25-2004, 04:47 AM
i thought that was just comparing to the nintendo version

DJZen
09-25-2004, 05:09 AM
The game is more or less the same with the exception of random monster groups instead of scripted monster groups and different HP levels. FFI-II Advance actually made changes.

Whitemage_Bishieboy
09-25-2004, 08:25 PM
ok,i played it some more.i decided to do a 4 thief team.let me say this,lich pwned me.utterly pwned me.i did 4 damege to him per thief.it is much harder for teams seeking a challenge now.i dont even want to think of trying to beat chaos with those 4 thieves.

oh something i forgot to mention.theres now ethers,X-Potions,X-Ethers and elixers.but as far as i can tell they can only be dropped by enimes.

Lon611
09-26-2004, 12:45 AM
i've never tried playing ff1-IV, so can sum1 tel me the battle system?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Apparently random encounter rates in both games have been lessened now, and the experience and gil rewards have been increased. Also, building stats in FFII is much faster now, and it's either harder or straight-up impossible to cheat the system; I don't know the details yet, but I assume they've at least completely removed the select-cancel trick.

Captain Maxx Power
10-11-2004, 12:21 AM
Have they straightened out how you gain stats? I'd like to know there's an actual way to raise Agility without running all the time :mad:

DJZen
10-12-2004, 09:15 PM
You'd know how to do that if you read the manual. Get targetted by physical attacks.

Captain Maxx Power
10-14-2004, 11:00 AM
Haven't got the manual, at least for the psx version. I kinda threw it out during a rather extensive cleaning session. BTW has the monster difficulty rose significantly any for FF1?

abrojtm
10-14-2004, 01:48 PM
Not at all, some monsters seem even easier; however, many bosses (especially Chaos) are rather tough still.

DeathGold
11-24-2004, 04:16 AM
new dungeons didnt see them much though just wanted to speed though the game.

well yea you didnt see the new dungeons. cause they dont get unlocked till after chaos..... what most dont know is that this GBA game holds more than meets the eye. there are 4 new dungeons each huge and have tons of lute. all have there own bosses(wich were takin from other FF games from 4-6) there is new monsters that you can fight wich evens out the abbility to go to level 100(some are harder than chaos.) they also added an MP system instead of the old magic system.(this makes magic more usefull) also as for FF2 they almost remade the game from ground up. the game is more player friendly and isnt so annoying to gain your characters abbilitys. the game has also been extended with more that just 4 main characters. the story is more deep and is about 10 hours longer(if your an averge player) in all there is 20 more hours worth of gameplay. not to minchon that there is a complet bestery and sound track with in it. yes its all on one small gba cart.

abrojtm
11-24-2004, 04:47 AM
Actually, the dungeons are unlocked after you beat each Fiend respectively. Also, the bosses are taken from FFIII-FFVI, and almost all of them are much harder than Chaos. The dungeons are extremely difficult to traverse, and they are also long and tedious. They have randomly generated maps so looking at a walkthrough won't really help. There are also many new weapons and items for you to use and collect, many of which are found in the Chaos Dungeons.
That's all :)

Erdrick Holmes
11-24-2004, 06:00 AM
When did the GBA version of FF1 and 2 arive in the US?

abrojtm
11-24-2004, 08:44 PM
It hasn't; it comes out Monday.

black orb
12-08-2004, 07:27 AM
>>> What?? They had a GBA FF1 too, :sweat: geez.. give it a rest already!

DJZen
12-08-2004, 06:56 PM
So far FFI has come out for Famicom/NES, MSX2, FDS, WSC, PS1, FoMA 900i, and now GBA. If that weren't enough, I think there's even multiple versions of several of those releases (FFI for PS1 in Japan came in a boxed set with toys of the characters, and alone).

Dignified Pauper
12-08-2004, 10:20 PM
WAit, there's a chaos dungeon!? plus the 4 fiends... is that what the new game plus is for?

Captain Maxx Power
12-10-2004, 08:33 PM
If you'll check the chaos dungeons are unlocked as you go along.

As far as I can tell the whole stat system appears to have been overhauled. Intelligence as reported now affects magic damage/effectiveness. Also I believe agility _may_ affect your hit%. I noticed that my theif throughout the game had much higher hit% than my fighter (triple figure by about level 20 odd), eventually maxing out at 255 surprisingly quickly (with equipment as well). This might be the extra levels, but I'm at level 46 now and both my fighter and theif have 255% hit. I have a sneaking suspicion that intelligence may also affect mp gain, much like vitality affects hp gain, but I have yet to confirm that. Evade rates are much higher than they used to be. Unequipped my fighter has 105 evade, and 96 when armoured up.

-wyvern
12-13-2004, 02:10 AM
Personally I don't like the addition of MP. I wanted FF1 on my gameboy so that I could play FF1. The Dawn-of-souls version isn't final fantasy 1. It's still a nice game, but with a central and unique system snipped off and replaced by something homogenised from the rest of the series. *sigh* Oh well, times change. At least the new dungeons are interesting. :)

DJZen
12-13-2004, 02:50 AM
So buy the Game Axe or the Time Machine.

-wyvern
12-13-2004, 04:13 PM
...que?

Mage_of_Fire
12-23-2004, 09:52 PM
ok,i played it some more.i decided to do a 4 thief team.let me say this,lich pwned me.utterly pwned me.i did 4 damege to him per thief.it is much harder for teams seeking a challenge now.i dont even want to think of trying to beat chaos with those 4 thieves.

oh something i forgot to mention.theres now ethers,X-Potions,X-Ethers and elixers.but as far as i can tell they can only be dropped by enimes.

On my NES version, my 4 thieves did 1 or 2 damage each turn lmao, that's a 100% increase. You have to rely on critical hits, it is all a matter of luck.

sh1nta
12-26-2004, 07:27 PM
how do u class change in final fantasy 1, for gba... ive been playing it for awhile i got 2 rublies the floater and im lvl 42, how come i havent changed classes yet, or how do i?

Rase
01-03-2005, 01:30 AM
On my NES version, my 4 thieves did 1 or 2 damage each turn lmao, that's a 100% increase. You have to rely on critical hits, it is all a matter of luck.

Or an obscene amount of leveling up. :)

how do u class change in final fantasy 1, for gba... ive been playing it for awhile i got 2 rublies the floater and im lvl 42, how come i havent changed classes yet, or how do i?

Well, first, you need the airship. Then, fly to the little islands that look like they have holes in them, between the two northern continents. In one of them is Bahamut, King of the Dragons. He tells you to go to the Citidel of Trials and make your way to the top to obtain a "symbol of courage". Once you do this he changes you.

Not sure if that HAD to be in spoilers but...

Erdrick Holmes
01-04-2005, 03:08 AM
Well, in the game Richards name is Ricard. Also they made FF2 not suck so much. I'm begining to think FF2 was an inspiration to FFVI, then when they made FFDoS they gave Borghen a laugh sound effect. I figured he'd be a "Kefka" in the game but He dies early on

You spoony Bard!!!!!!!!!!
01-04-2005, 11:07 PM
To get a class change you must go to the Tower of TRials get the rat's tail at the end then beat the zombie dragons. After that head to the dragon caves ( islands with holes in them) and go into the 1 with 2 islands go up to see Bahamut. Hell level u up.

DJZen
01-14-2005, 05:57 AM
...que?

Usted va y compra un "Game Axe" o un "Time Machine".

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

The Game Axe is a handheld system that plays NES cartridges, and the Time Machine is an adaptor for the GBASP that lets you play NES carts on a GBASP (not a regular GBA though).

Fire_Emblem776
01-26-2005, 02:25 AM
well it was made easy so that the new fans can get into it.
Magic is stronger, cheaper, and :( too easy for me.
But at least they enjoy it. If only they knew how hard it was :eek:

DJZen
01-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Shinryuu and Omega Weapon are pretty hard if you don't powerlevel like a madman.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-26-2005, 06:42 PM
Omega. Not Omega Weapon.

Citizen Bleys
02-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Tower of Trials? That sounds so crappy compared to the Castle of Ordeals.

vireblaze
03-08-2005, 10:21 PM
No, no. It's the Citadel of Trials. Not Tower.