PDA

View Full Version : Self Check-out!

Shlup
09-22-2004, 04:15 AM
Do you have any self check-out registers anywhere around where you live? You know, when you go to pay, you check-out yourself instead of going to a cashier. It's fun! There's a touch screen, and you scan things yourself and it talks to you. It's my friend.

We have them at Home Depot, and Wal Mart, and they just put a bunch in at Albertsons. I use 'em all the time.

Logan
09-22-2004, 04:18 AM
I've heard of them, but I've never seen it. The people in my town aren't smart enough to check themselves out. :(

Ichy
09-22-2004, 04:22 AM
Got em at the grocery store near my house. Unfortunately you still need to see a cashier on the way out if you buy beer or use a credit card, which is either or both pretty much every time for me. It's often faster to go through the lines now, though. Everyone is so hyped about the self-checkout that there's more people there than at the chashier iles. *shrug* I like em all the same. Pretty cool the way they eliminated several full-time jobs and crammed the same productivity into a smaller floor space. Yep, pretty cool, indeed.

escobert
09-22-2004, 04:23 AM
yeah at BJs? I dunno I think it's BJs

Del Murder
09-22-2004, 04:33 AM
Yeah, they're fun and mush faster most of the time. Even a superhero needs groceries.

Agent Proto
09-22-2004, 04:48 AM
I've seen them at Wal-Mart. :)

DMKA
09-22-2004, 05:10 AM
Yep at WalMart...its funny how they always have to have an associate standing there to help out the hicks who don't know how to touch the screen. :D

Strider
09-22-2004, 06:13 AM
I don't use them. I like to make the grocery workers earn their paycheck.

kikimm
09-22-2004, 06:27 AM
I've never even heard of that. So....no.

:D

SeeDRankLou
09-22-2004, 06:55 AM
I used to be a cashier when I was younger, so I'm pretty skilled with it, and I know I'm faster than most of the cashiers there. So, I do it myself, I get done faster, I don't hold up a cashier's line, I sack my groceries the way I want, everyone wins. :D

Peegee
09-22-2004, 07:49 AM
I have no problems using it, but my dad was doing groceries and since parents buy all sorts of confusing things, they had some issues. So he doesn't like it.