PDA

View Full Version : I hate computers

Meat Puppet
09-22-2004, 10:34 AM
My computer now, no longer seems to want to install programs anymore. I've tried installing several programs/games, from Harddrive and from a CD rom.

But, when I try, it blubs and whines for a bit, then attacks me with this message:

C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

It gives me the option to close or ignore, which is basically a waste of time because they both do the same function. Which is quit the program.

Can someone rescue me? It's making me sad.

Baloki
09-22-2004, 11:03 AM
Looks like a virus has infected this file or it has become corrupted, virus scan if first, if its ok seek a replacment off the web, not sure where best though...

Peegee
09-22-2004, 01:08 PM
If you need a replacement (windows XP right?) I have an SP 2 copy.

crono_logical
09-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Reinstall Windows seems the quick option :p

Shoeberto
09-22-2004, 07:38 PM
Reinstall Windows seems the quick option :p
Yeah, he actually has a good point there. Seems like something is f'ed up beyond common repair, honestly.

And yeah. Computers are dumb biznitches.

Dr Unne
09-22-2004, 07:51 PM
PEBKAC

Doomgaze
09-22-2004, 08:26 PM
Normally I'd agree Unne, but it's WINDOWS, you know.

Baloki
09-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Its not that difficult to replace a file, but oh well format windows, install linux, start using Firefox and you know take drugs because your friends said so, and while your at it jump off a cliff because you were told to.

Peer Pressures a nasty thing.

Dr Unne
09-22-2004, 09:38 PM
Normally I'd agree Unne, but it's WINDOWS, you know.

Using Windows is a choice. I don't have Windows problems myself, for example. It doesn't install itself onto computers (...yet), rather it is installed by the entity which EBKAC, if you will.