PDA

View Full Version : Yes it is coming to the cube!!!! First Screen Included!

Vega
09-22-2004, 07:13 PM
This is great for cube owners like me!!!! I can`t wait! It was announced yesterday! So PS2 owners and GCN owners will get it! By the way here is the first screen!

http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=2362408&object_id=693672&channel_id=70&page_title=Final+Fantasy+VII%3A+Cerberus+Update&adtag=network%3Dign%26size%3D468x60%26channel%3Dps2%26site%3Dps2_hub%26channel%3Dnews%26type%3Dpartn er

Is it not sweet? :D

Ouch!
09-22-2004, 07:17 PM
What? The GameCube? Cite the source of this information now or I will be forced to believe that this is just rumor mongering!

Why don't I see a screen shot, either?

Flying Mullet
09-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Why don't I see a screen shot, either?
Because they used the page link as the image source.

Here's the image:http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/549/549966/final-fantasy-vii-dirge-of-cerberus-20040921033844817.jpg

And the link: http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=2362408&object_id=693672&channel_id=70&page_title=Final+Fantasy+VII%3A+Cerberus+Update&adtag=network%3Dign%26size%3D468x60%26channel%3Dps2%26site%3Dps2_hub%26channel%3Dnews%26type%3Dpartn er

Chris
09-22-2004, 07:24 PM
YES, it's about time that we Cube owners get some more Final Fantasies to toy with. I'm so happy about this.

I'm Happy :) :D :) :D :) :p :D :)

Ouch!
09-22-2004, 07:25 PM
I still don't see anything about the GameCube... Am I just blind or something? I looked at the profile as well and didn't see anything about it...

Cid
09-22-2004, 07:34 PM
That image comes from a PS2 story. Nice try, buddy.

Chris
09-22-2004, 07:44 PM
What!?! Why you little :mad2:

BackRoomKid
09-23-2004, 07:04 AM
yeah, where's the source man?

Carnage
09-23-2004, 08:24 PM
cmon guys hes like 9 years old. What would make you think that the greatest playstation game of all time would have a sequel on gamecube instead of the PS2? blasphemer!!!

Chris
09-24-2004, 10:51 PM
cmon guys hes like 9 years old. What would make you think that the greatest playstation game of all time would have a sequel on gamecube instead of the PS2? blasphemer!!!

:mad: What did ya' just say !!!!! GameCube is a bonafided stud machine.

Lon611
09-25-2004, 02:39 AM
by the looks of the pics DoC isn't headed towards being an rpg :mad:

im kind of dissapointed now...

nevermind6794
09-30-2004, 08:03 AM
Man, Vincent looks disturbingly alike to Edward Scissorhands.

Vega
10-05-2004, 01:19 AM

Holy crap I am not nine! :mad2: I have to correct myself it is a rummored title for the GCN, and this was on the IGN.com cube page under the rummor section! I am sorry I got excited and didn`t read all my sources! But I will bring info if I can! I am so sorry everyone I did not mean to dissapoint you. :(

Shoeberto
10-05-2004, 01:22 AM
Wow. Way to be, guy.

For some reason, I can imagine this game fitting perfectly on the cube. Just seems like it would work.

Starcrest
10-05-2004, 02:47 AM
but why make a sequal to a PLAYSTATION game on the GAMECUBE, and not on the PS2? commen sense people. look at CC, did that do well? (honestly, did it? i'm totatlly unsure)

DJZen
10-05-2004, 08:08 AM
Don't be foolish. People cross systems all the time. Look at Phantasy Star Online. You can't get THAT on Sega consoles anymore! Remember when people scoffed at the thought of Street Fighter II CE appearing on the Genesis? It happened, didn't it? What about when Bubsu jumped from SNES and Genesis to PSX? How about Mega Man 8 showing up on PSX and Saturn when Mega Man 7 was a SNES only game? How about Megaman & Bass coming out on GBA after all that? What about DoA jumping to X-Box? What about........

I think you guys are just miffed 'cause you might not own the console a game you want is coming out for.

Mei
10-05-2004, 11:56 AM
If IGN say it, it must be true. :-*

Carnage
10-05-2004, 07:54 PM
Don't be foolish. People cross systems all the time. Look at Phantasy Star Online. You can't get THAT on Sega consoles anymore! Remember when people scoffed at the thought of Street Fighter II CE appearing on the Genesis? It happened, didn't it? What about when Bubsu jumped from SNES and Genesis to PSX? How about Mega Man 8 showing up on PSX and Saturn when Mega Man 7 was a SNES only game? How about Megaman & Bass coming out on GBA after all that? What about DoA jumping to X-Box? What about........

I think you guys are just miffed 'cause you might not own the console a game you want is coming out for.

Sega is dead. They can only leech of of other systems now. I have gamecube it just sucks so i dont play it anymore. Im only keeping it around because i hear of a new zelda coming out(Real Graphics now to)

iluvpenelo
10-05-2004, 08:07 PM
um.......sega dont LEECH off other systems, its called "designing games" for other systems. have you played the quite frankly fantastic "sonic heroes" on x box??? didnt think so. its awesome. sega arent dead. and you missed the entire point of the post you quoted

Shoeberto
10-05-2004, 08:31 PM
Sega is dead. They can only leech of of other systems now. I have gamecube it just sucks so i dont play it anymore. Im only keeping it around because i hear of a new zelda coming out(Real Graphics now to)
Wow. Way to be, guy.

Starcrest
10-06-2004, 03:16 AM
i dont need to own the system ne way, even though i dont have it, i dont want it. if i were to get it it'd only b for the new zelda game and ssbm, and metroid2. it'd make more sense to only make it for the ps2, and i dont think they'd want to risk a FF being multiplatform, which hasn't happened, but FFI-II, and V-VI don't really count...i guess

striker of ff
10-10-2004, 10:50 AM
/http://www.ffodyssey.com/ heres your proof it says its gonna be on the ps2 and psp

Ryth
10-10-2004, 02:00 PM
Good for you but I have a PS2 and GCN. Yeah Sega isn't dead it just lost some of it's um what's the word power(?) if it could dish out a few awesome new Shining Force titles like Legacy of the Great Intention (rereleased on GBA as Ressurection of the Dark Dragon) was and mastered 3D Sonic games (Sonic Adv., Sonic Adv. 2 (Battle), and Sonic Heroes were good but I still have a feeling 3D Sonic hasn't reached it's full potential) and a remake and sequel to Gunstar Heroes (Genesis). It is kinda dead now actually now that I think about it Sammy bought 60-70% of Sega and Sammy wants to focus it's games to arcades (Why they would want to do that I don't know) but this mistake will probaly be releazied and Sammy-Sega Co. will head back to the consoles, hopefully and Sega doesn't leech off systems geez it doesn;t make consoles anymore which is reasonable because most of it's later system SUCKED or just didn't sell well 32X, Game Gear, Dreamcast. So to save some millons it made a truce with Nintendo and threw out Dreamcast remakes on the cube then FINALLY made a new one Sonic Heroes. The GCN has good games PS2 is superior but GCN is still great with Legend of Zelda, Metroid Prime, Baten Kaitos, Tales of Symphonia, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles and much more, come on give the GCN a chance the new Zelda looks like it could be the new king of the Zelda games throwing Ocarina of Time/Link to the Past (depends on you I never played Link to the Past but Ocarina looks better) off it's throne if you ask me I only can hope.

Yameki
10-20-2004, 02:04 AM
Hum...I don't know if you where noticed but Squaresoft and Square-Enix work with PS2. FFCC was only a special do to a lot of request so they juste made this game of FF to make stfu the Cuberz.

So maybe it will be PS2 and Cube and XBOX(coz it microsoft and FF already being on PC) And to have the most sold out maked in the world for a Game:P

"Oh and for those who doesn't know Squaresoft is the original compagni of Japan and Square-Enix is with Europe and America"

One winged angel of death
10-31-2004, 02:57 PM
ummmm....do you mind if i quote something? "ORO?!" @_@'
U

SomethingBig
11-08-2004, 11:35 PM
i hear of a new zelda coming out(Real Graphics now to)
What are you talking about? Wind Waker had incredible graphics. It just went back to its roots with the child Link. I'll personally apologize on behalf of Nintendo for making an incredible game which, by the way, sold millions the week it came out.

As for people that are saying it's ludicrous for Square to create games for the Cube, don't forget who Square first worked for. The only reason Square didn't create FFs for the N64 was because of the N64's use of cartridges instead of CD's. SE could very well make another Cube exclusive FF.

Ouch!
11-09-2004, 03:35 AM
As for people that are saying it's ludicrous for Square to create games for the Cube, don't forget who Square first worked for. The only reason Square didn't create FFs for the N64 was because of the N64's use of cartridges instead of CD's. SE could very well make another Cube exclusive FF.
However, considering the FFVII franchise has been connected to the PS, I doubt they'd make in a Cube exclusive. Maybe a release for both systems (which I still find very unlikely) but not an exclusive.

11-10-2004, 06:48 PM
i believe it's comeing to the ps2 system first...although the first final fantasy ever made was used on the nintendo system...i have no doubt in my mind that it will not come out for the game cube, but there's only a 50% that it will....but don't fight with me i'm only hypothiseing...

DJZen
11-21-2004, 08:34 PM
"Oh and for those who doesn't know Squaresoft is the original compagni of Japan and Square-Enix is with Europe and America"

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/

Also, there's a LOT of good GC games. Sure, many of 'em are also multiplatform, but Resident Evil (remake), Resident Evil 0, 4 Swords Adventures (which is one of the best games I've ever played), Mario Sunshine and Super Smash Bros. Melee are GC exclusive.

DMKA
11-22-2004, 02:57 AM
I have a Gamecube but it just sits upon my closet shelf in it's box never to be played...I don't like it and it lacks any games that entertain me.

Even if this was true (which it apparently was just a rumor), I would buy it on PS2. I stopped playing RE because it went to Gamecube and I just can't play with that control.

11-25-2004, 08:53 PM
well there is possibilities (plz don't argue with me or fuss at me) i'm takeing a guess that...if it dose come to the cube first, it might not sell as much and there could be buggs on it. but that's good if it's bad for the cube they can fix it and put it on Ps2 and psp without the faults and wrongs on the game. but then it'll be bad for the game cube gamers because, they spent their money on a defective program, but then it could revolutionize the industries if they tie together on this game and make some money on it. well...then it might not come to the cube 'cause when the first one came out for nintendo the plasystation adopted it, then thus nintendo no longer owns it and lost probably money on the deal, and etc. etc. and so you have it now the nintendo could be re-adopting it and in hopes for more currency to be prophited and thus make the industries bigger. but that's only a 49% chance. so people with gamecubes please don't give your hopes up.

Starcrest
11-25-2004, 10:26 PM
the ppl with playstation, though, i think, bought the rights to FF off of nintendo. if nintendo wanted it back, they'd have to re-buy it off sony. and if i remember, nintendo's not doing to well, and i think they're staying alive only cause of their handhelds. so, even if they wanted, they might NOT b able to, fore lack of funds. this is from the informatino that i've heard from my friends. but if it did come to the cube first with bugs and junk, and then perfected for ps2, sooner or later they'd fix it for gamecube and re-sell it out

11-29-2004, 02:28 PM
yes that is true i see your point. but you can possiblely see it from my point of veiw too right?

Rostum
12-01-2004, 09:55 AM
i'm takeing a guess that...if it dose come to the cube first, it might not sell as much and there could be buggs on it. but that's good if it's bad for the cube they can fix it and put it on Ps2 and psp without the faults and wrongs on the game. but then it'll be bad for the game cube gamers because, they spent their money on a defective program, but then it could revolutionize the industries if they tie together on this game and make some money on it.

Why would Square-Enix, a professional video game producer, make a game and release it unfinished with bugs in it? I don't understand that logic at all. No game company (unless they are releasing a MMORPG) will release a game with huge amounts of bugs, unless they are a very poor company.

Sorry I just don't understand that logic.

I wouldn't be too fussed on it going to the gamecube, as long as it does go on PS2. Then I will be happy, because I can play it then. I'm not sure if they would release it for Gamecube, I just can't see why they would choose to do that.

12-01-2004, 12:22 PM
well i guess it's logical from your point i mean, test it on the game cube first, not huge ammounts of bugs what i ment was they test it like they did all video games look at the game and improve things. not release it out to the public uncompleted,. sorry if that's what it sounded like. they have a place in tokyo where they test all games and one in america so they'd be able to test it on a game cube there first if they are releaseing it to game cube. So that's what i was trying to point out, sorry i wasn't so persice on my quote.yes if I wasn't me i wouldn't have understood what I was saying either. sorry.