PDA

View Full Version : Post if you have beaten FABLE (spoilers)

The Puppy
09-23-2004, 04:35 AM
I know like we needed another FABLE thread. Well this one is special because I only want feedback from anybody who has finished the game. I reserved my copy like so many others and beat the game in 3 days. I even went to work those 3 days. So what ever happened to the 100 hour role play games like Final Fantasy. I am upset that the game ended so soon. I could have spent a little more time doing....Well I don't know. After you buy houses and master your spells you can still go fishing I guess. I'm sure I was a little anxious thinking I can play it thru again as a bad person. I am not enjoying the 2nd time thru as an evil person as much. I went bald fast and the NPC's are dissapearing.
I will say I loved the Lightning (ever cast just to hear echoing thunder miles away? Only if all other sound is quiet) nice touch with the Fireball.
Anybody can beat this game by casting time-slow and Beserk and nothing can touch you. I found myself getting bored in the villages. AI is only fun to mess with for 1hr. I loved some things about the game but was dissapointed overall. Who would want to kill your sister to end the game anyway? Well I'm trading my copy tomorrow for PS2 Sly Cooper 2. That should last until San Andreas comes out and then Halo2. Well please reply if you think I'm nuts and let me know what you thought of the game.
Keep on Gaming!

~Puppy

BatChao
09-23-2004, 07:05 AM
I really through Fable was good, but definitely not the 'revolutionary' experience that many thought it would be. I'm EXTREMELY glad it wasn't longer than it was. A lot of the things like getting married, buying houses, and even alignment are purely cosmetic and don't change the gameplay in any serious way. There are a lot of really good ideas... the game just doesn't utilize them very well. Hopefully in Fable 2 they will put things like branching storylines and childbirth (wouldn't it be cool to train your child and have him fight alongside you?), and more optional quests you can do after completing the game.

Oh, and I think if you kill your sister, you get to keep the sword for whatever you want to do after you beat the game... you know... finish up any quests or open demon doors or whatever. The sword is incredibly powerful and regenerates your health AND will just by holding it!

Amnesia Case
09-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Yeah I beat the game. I thought the games length was short enough for multiple plays, but not to short to disappoint me. Now Im trying to figure out that whole better bard thing, if its a hoax or not. If its real than theres more game play to be found out there somewhere.

Ouch!
09-24-2004, 03:10 AM
The guide says that you can take the sword and it is uber powerful like you mentioned. Like I said, I was a bit disappointed with the gameplay. I was expecting it to be much more open ended. I know how it's difficult to find a balance in a game... but I got 15 hours of gameplay. I wanted something a bit more.

I'm playing through again with as a bad guy. The first time I specialized in the strength stat section. This time I began to focus on skill. My bow is amazing. I kill everything. Being evil, I just sat at Greatwood Lake and shot down guards. They kept coming. I got the 144 general exp. for each kill and about 800+ skill experience for chaining so many attacks without being hit. Then I did that at Lookout Point, because the guards spawn faster. It's amazing.

I'll pray through again working as a magic user, which my friend says is fun. I can imagine it being fairly difficult, but it could be fun. Play through three times, I'll get 45-50 hours out of the game. That's decent, but they could have put a bit more into it.