PDA

View Full Version : First Arena fight

Sabotender
09-23-2004, 12:16 PM
Erm...Another question about FF 6:

How can I defeat the first enemy in that colosseum where you can fight?? He just blow me away when I come into battle...

Flying Mullet
09-23-2004, 01:30 PM
You most likely fought Chupon, which you really can't defeat. If you bet an insignificant item, like a Potion, you will fight Chupon, who will sneeze you right out of battle. You have to bet nicer items, like weapons, armor and relics to fight "normal" enemies in the coliseum. If you need a chart of what you can bet and win, check here: http://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/figarocastle/coliseum.html.

One last bit of advice: Save before every battle/bet at the coliseum. That way if you lose the battle, and your bet, or the item you win isn't what you want, you can reset and keep your old item.

Necronopticous
09-23-2004, 04:30 PM
If you want to me ritualistically admitted into the Chupon fan club then it's necessary to lose against him at least 1,000 times. Send in VHS video proof along with an application for admittance. All applications are evaluated the third Saturday of every month.

Del Murder
09-25-2004, 06:34 AM
You can beat him! Celes + Genji Golve + Offering + Excalibur + Atma Weapon = dead. But he doesn't give you anything good so it's just for pride.

Sabotender
09-25-2004, 10:13 AM
Hmm...In have the Atma-Weapon and the other stuff but I dont have Excalibur...Where can I find it? Can I find it after the world-change or before?
And I tried to bet some better Items like "Exp.-Egg" but there is always Chupon attacking...I think I have to beat him first.

Flying Mullet
09-25-2004, 05:18 PM
You can win Excalibur from the Coliseum by betting the Ragnorak, which you find in the WOR in Narshe from the weapons shop owner when he gives you the choice between the Ragnorak Esper or Sword.

Del Murder
09-25-2004, 05:35 PM
That would be Illumina you refer to, Mullet. I think you get Excalibur in Kefka's Tower after beating one of the statues, or right before.

Flying Mullet
09-25-2004, 05:43 PM
Doh, yeah, you're right. I had the bet backwards. If you bet Illumina you win Excalibur (I think).

And that, kids, is why we have super heroes in our forums to keep order and facts inline.

Necronopticous
09-25-2004, 06:00 PM
Bet Ragnarok > Win Illumina
Excalibur > Win from Goddess on Kefka's tower

And that's just all there is to it.

Flying Mullet
09-25-2004, 06:15 PM
For some reason I keep thinking you can win Excalibur from the Coliseum. Wonder why...

Necronopticous
09-25-2004, 06:36 PM
For some reason I keep thinking you can win Excalibur from the Coliseum. Wonder why...

Nope, but if you bet Excalibur you can fight Chupon and that counts as one battle toward your Chupon Fan Club Application.

Sabotender
09-25-2004, 07:54 PM
Thx a lot. At the moment Iam at that dungeon at the middle of a mountain where you have to land in the middle of that mountain.Its that dungeon where you have to split your group into 2 groups and you can switch between them to push some buttons which opens a door and that stuff...Right after that I fly to Kefkas tower and get Excalibur and THEN I kick Chupons a** :D

Mo-Nercy
09-26-2004, 07:47 AM
You'd be in Phoenix Cave. At the end of that, you'll get Phoenix who actually becomes useful for the boss fight at the Fanatic's Tower, if you choose to do that side quest.

Also, you don't need Excalibur to kick Chupon's butt. I just did it with Genji Glove + Offering + Illumina + Scimitar + Edgar. If you don't have an Offering yet. Bloody go get it. Because just like me, and probably everyone else whose used the Genji Glove + Offering combination, you'll be laughing for about 15 mins non stop as your silly character pwns everything in it's path (it's like that episode of the Simpsons when Bart starts spinning his arms to intimidate Lisa and says, "If you get hit, it's your own fault.")

I'll assume you don't have it so I can talk more. :D You get Offering by submerging in Figaro Castle and stopping halfway and choosing to Explore. Go down to the jail and in one of the cells in a doorway which leads to a cave you are to navigate through to get to an ancient castle. Before entering the actual doors of the castle, enter through the doorway to the left to fight a Monster-In-A-Box. Beat that monster to win Offering. You can then get Odin/Raiden inside the castle.

Sabotender
09-26-2004, 02:17 PM
Thx a lot! :D
But I think I dont have to beat Chupon anymore. I bet some good weapons and finally it worked, I fought some other enemys and got some items. But that with Figaro is interesting. I remember that a guy by that big tower said something about that if you give him 100.000 Gp.I will try that next. Ahhhh and another question: A little time ago I flight trough the air by airship and suddenly a dragon attacked me, but I actually dont know where it was :cool:
If someone could give me the position I would be very thankfull.

Mo-Nercy
09-26-2004, 02:27 PM
That would be Doom Gaze. He gives you the Bahamut Esper which is hella useful. He is a random encounter on the world map. Just fly around for a few minutes to meet him. If you don't want to fight him, you can escape if you want, but he's easier than you think. Beating him is easy if you're using Genji Glove + Offering and if you have acquired Bum Rush. Even easier is the Vanish --> Doom "strategy" which kills this boss instantly. X-Zone works too but if you use X-Zone, you won't get Bahamut. So don't do it.

Doom Gaze isn't one of the eight dragons though. But like the eight dragons, he's just too easy.

Sabotender
09-27-2004, 01:47 PM
Yeah! Thx! I beat him, he was really too easy! But its annoying that he always escapes from battle...But I killed him after 2 turns. And my last question for the moment (I know, Iam annoying :D ) How many special-party members can I get? At the moment I have "Mog" and this Jeti guy. Are they the only ones?

Mo-Nercy
09-27-2004, 04:53 PM
It's cool. I'm a helpful guy.

And yes, you are missing one guy. The ones you've got now are Mog and Umaro and the one you're missing is the elusive, Gogo. To get Gogo...

Go the triangle shaped island in the north eastern portion of the world map. There you'll find these abnormally symmetrical mountains. Run around the area to fight a Zone Eater who will use the attack, Engulf on you. Let the Zone Eater Engulf your entire party to wind up in a parallel dimension..*ooh*

Go down from where you are as going up will just send you back to the surface. Before you go to find Gogo, there are a few items for you to collect. Go left after going down a screen to see these green dudes running up and down suspended bridges. You have to hop over the bridges and NOT make contact with the little men of they'll knock you down. Get all the treasure chests here this way. Then let a little man knock you down after you've done that and you'll fall to the next level. Pick up the chests here too and then use the switch to go back up the stairs. Hop over the bridges again and go through the left hand side door to end up in a room with a ceiling that threatens to crush you. Put Sprint Shoes on and go over to the treasure chest and stand directly below it. Get the chest. Wait. Look for the gaps in the ceiling and just make your way through the room. It's pretty easy.

The final room is just a bunch of bridges for you to jump over. Not too hard to decipher at all. Gogo is at the end of it all.

m4tt
09-27-2004, 06:25 PM
You guys should really be marking your spoilers. And since this thread has gone way off topic, I'll ask you two to continue your discussion in PM.

Sabotender
09-27-2004, 09:40 PM
Erm...sry we should really mark our Spoilers :rolleyes2
And Thx a lot for all that help Mo-Nercy!! Now I can play the game without missing anything (I hope :D ) For the moment I have no questions but...maybe soon...there will be new ones :tongue:
Thx again for the help! You are a really nice guy!

And the others who helped me are really nice too :D

EDIT: Also don't double post. -SD