PDA

View Full Version : Ashe changed face...

Ashton
09-23-2004, 09:45 PM
http://www.ffxiionline.com/main.php?ffxii=news.html
look at the site...There's some pictures of Ashe after SE changed her...
What do you think of her now?
to me...I liked the old face

Zifnab
09-23-2004, 09:48 PM
Boo, new face looks rubbish. Actually... it's Yuna!

UltimateSpamGrover
09-23-2004, 10:55 PM
They look the same... I don't see a difference...

DJZen
09-23-2004, 11:33 PM
The new one looks less like jailbait, which I'm all in favor of. They made her nose bigger though, that's odd, but I think she looks fine. No real preference.

TheAbominatrix
09-23-2004, 11:34 PM
The nose of the second picture looks like it's been edited in photoshop. I wont believe this until I see it from another source (preferably a magazine). I hope it isnt true, she looks terrible now.

kikimm
09-24-2004, 01:06 AM
Umm...pretty sure that's a fake. It's a crappy job, too. I wouldn't believe that. I mean, why would they change her face, near the end, or in the middle of production, when they've already made the fmvs, and everything? Doesn't make any sense.

:D

UltimateSpamGrover
09-24-2004, 03:43 AM
Umm...pretty sure that's a fake. It's a crappy job, too. I wouldn't believe that. I mean, why would they change her face, near the end, or in the middle of production, when they've already made the fmvs, and everything? Doesn't make any sense.

Kikimm, have you played the FFVIII demo? In the demo (by the way, this is the part where they have the attack on Dollet) Squall wasn't wearing his SeeD uniform, so they had to change quite a bit of FMVs between that and the real version.

TheAbominatrix
09-24-2004, 03:49 AM
Kikimm, have you played the FFVIII demo? In the demo (by the way, this is the part where they have the attack on Dollet) Squall wasn't wearing his SeeD uniform, so they had to change quite a bit of FMVs between that and the real version.

Making a seperate FMV for promotional purposes is far different from changing every instance of a character throughout the entire game months before it's release.

Ouch!
09-24-2004, 03:49 AM
I've seen both of those pictures before, and the one on the one with the bigger nose just doesn't look right to me. I'd have to agree that picture's been doctored.

Lon611
09-24-2004, 03:53 AM
i don't think square would've changed her face near the end because it looks like FFXII would have a lot of FMV's, and to my recollection, those are pretty damn hard 2 alter even the slightest.....don't think they'd go bak and change her face

whether its fake or whatever, i feel that the "old" ashe is WAY better looking ;)

TheAbominatrix
09-24-2004, 03:56 AM
From what I learned up at EA Games, after the pre-alpha development stage, whatever's in the game is in. There are no more additions, everything has to be in as it'll appear in the game before the alpha development begins. I'm pretty sure Square has to be in alpha development by now. At least alpha, maybe further.

Lon611
09-24-2004, 04:01 AM
that suprisingly made sense :greenie:

for some reason, FFXII reminds a lot about FFVI. i don't know why...

neway, bak on topic. does ne1 feel that her face would make a change in the story?i kno it shouldn't,but when i look at her alterations, i feel like she's a completely different person with a dif attitude than the "old" ashe

Ashton
09-24-2004, 08:14 AM
Maybe it is a hoax but many people saw this change in square-enix.jp site
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ is where people first saw the change. There's a little FFXII section with a pic of Vaan
http://img87.exs.cx/img87/72/ff12_chara2.gif
notice that its ff12_chara2.gif, the ashe one is
http://img87.exs.cx/img87/4078/ff12_chara1.gif
I don't know if its a hoax or not but they did put it in the official site...

TheAbominatrix
09-24-2004, 03:38 PM
She looks exactly the same as she always has in that picture. I've looked all over the official website and I cant find her looking any different.

Ashton
09-24-2004, 04:26 PM
Like I said I don't know if its a hoax or not But I believe they brought back the old Ashe because many fans dislike the new one
So I can't really said SE did or not...

TheAbominatrix
09-24-2004, 05:15 PM
It's gotta be a hoax. First of all, look at the appearance of the nose on that first picture. It's clearly been put on in a photo editing program, it's not a re-worked cg.

Secondly, once they've done as much as Square already has, going back and changing the game to add a larger nose... that's a lot of work and a lot of lost money.

Third, this is the only site reporting it. If this really happened, why isnt JUMP magazine all over it, not to mention American gaming mags?

And foruth, the character designs are very Japanese... no pretty girl will ever have anything other than a cute little nose.

Ashton
09-24-2004, 05:33 PM
You know now that i think about it...You're right! it is a hoax there's no doubt about SE couldn't do that after they published her and JUMP would talk about it too so i guess it is hoax beside SE wouldn't change to such uglyness :p

Trumpet Thief
09-24-2004, 05:35 PM
chaos: Not too much of a difference I see... Still, she looks very nice...

Rubedo: I always liked her design. Too me, this is quite a minor change. Ah well...

Levian
09-24-2004, 08:25 PM
Pfft. There's no difference.

Takara
09-26-2004, 03:08 AM
This is so a fake. Why? Because if you look at a picture of Balthier, you can see it is the exact same nose and eyes. Not entirely too difficult to just crop them from a pic of Balthier, paste it on Ashe's face, and recolour the skin so it's the same tone. All you need is good quality pics of both characters, Photoshop, and too much time on your hands.

Rostum
09-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Well lets hope it is a fake, because I really liked the first version of Ashe, it's alot more cuter.

Ashton
09-26-2004, 03:56 PM
In the site they didn't say it's fake or not but I don't think there's gonna be a new face to Ashe like TheAbominatrix said before if SE really were gonna change Ashe's face then JUMP magazine would have wrote about it....Maybe a hoax or maybe SE just tried to do something...Dunno

Del Murder
09-26-2004, 05:06 PM
The new one looks worse, but it's not bad enough for me to lose enjoyment over playing the game.

TasteyPies
09-26-2004, 05:43 PM
Ok, everyone agrees. Its a hoax and there is no way they would have slowed down production to make her nose huge and her eyes narrow.

Ouch!
09-28-2004, 01:34 AM
Apparently the front site would agree that both Ashe's and Vaan's faces have been changed to look more realistic, as was stated at the TGS. I guess we can't deny what's said there by SE.

TheAbominatrix
09-28-2004, 01:42 AM
Why havent things changed at the official site then?

Ouch!
09-28-2004, 02:47 AM
Hell if I know. Generally, I trust information that comes out of the Tokyo Game Show.

TheAbominatrix
09-28-2004, 02:49 AM
Hell if I know. Generally, I trust information that comes out of the Tokyo Game Show.

I do too, but I havent seen the TGS confirm anywhere but here. Hmm...

I just dont believe anything until I see it on the official site or in JUMP.

Ouch!
09-28-2004, 02:52 AM
True. I find it hard to believe that they would change something like that. I don't really think it's such a big deal if they're going to tweek their faces...

Ashton
09-28-2004, 05:46 PM
As I read at the site that I gave you to see the change that SE put in the official site of FFXII they put a new wallpaper of Ashe but after a few days they put the new wallpaper down for some unknown reason.
Maybe they heard the fans hated the new Ashe who knows :p

TheAbominatrix
09-28-2004, 07:31 PM
The lack of solid info is what makes me so suspicious...

Optium
09-28-2004, 08:48 PM
What I want to know is who's the idiot who made this whole thing up?
Hey look, I'll use the smudge tool and make everyone think that for some
reason Square has made one of the main characters extremely ugly and
see how many people I can get to buy it?

I hate hoaxes.

.opt

Carnage
09-28-2004, 10:15 PM
According to videogames.com, the characters appear to have changed slightly from the previous footage we have seen. Ashe and Vaan's faces have been "tweaked" and now appear less cutesy and more realistic. Whether or not this was an action taken by Square-Enix to appease fans who were not happy with the looks of their main characters is unknown.

If it was a hoax why would cid post it in the site's news??

Optium
09-28-2004, 10:23 PM
Honestly I don't see the difference between previous pictures and the
first "new" picture on that site. The second one looks hideous and if
Square, after somewhere around 2 decades of making games has changed
one of the characters from a beautiful princess to a dog then I might as
well jump on the "lost-faith-in-Square" bandwagon as well.

But I haven't lost faith in Square, and I still have faith in the fact that
hoaxes spread like wildfire and not many people are able to discern fact
from fiction. Not even a webmaster.

$20 says it really is just a photoshopped picture. Who's in?

.opt

TheAbominatrix
09-28-2004, 11:08 PM
If it was a hoax why would cid post it in the site's news??

Because Sean got the news from videogames.com, and they got it from... wherever. It's still not anywhere on the official XII site, the official SE site, or in any magazines. I refuse to believe it until it appears in those places.

$20 says it really is just a photoshopped picture. Who's in?

I am. I could really use 20 bucks.

Optium
09-28-2004, 11:20 PM
We need someone to bet against us Abom! :P

.opt

TheAbominatrix
09-28-2004, 11:44 PM
We need someone to bet against us Abom! :P

.opt

I dont think those will be in short supply. Just read the comments for the pictures on ffxiionline.com! xD

Optium
09-29-2004, 12:11 AM
Haha, I read it when I first saw the thing and laughed my ass off.

.opt

kikimm
10-02-2004, 08:36 PM
Haha, I read it when I first saw the thing and laughed my ass off.

.opt

Hrmm....I gagged, but hey. Then I laughed.

20 bucks sounds REAL good right now. Sad, isn't it?

Del Murder
10-03-2004, 07:08 AM
What kind of odds would we be getting here?