PDA

View Full Version : GOD GIVE ME SOMTHING EPIC

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
09-24-2004, 01:16 AM
I NEED somthing epic TRuly epic( this may be the wrong forum to voice my thoughts however). FF6, 7,8,9 were all epic. The ffXs however I feel were not as epic. Dont get me wrong i love the tens but please, when i finished 6,7,8, and 9 I felt this feeling of completeing a long journey. I was sad it was over. If ff12 or DOC arent epic i will die.

Ps. any suggestions on epics games?

Haggard756
09-24-2004, 01:25 AM
hmm...i know alot of timewasters but.....an epic is hard to come by...

krissy
09-24-2004, 01:56 AM
fft

Shoeberto
09-24-2004, 01:59 AM
fft is for posers
rad racer

DJZen
09-24-2004, 06:19 AM
If ff12 or DOC arent epic i will die.

VIDEO GAMES!!!!!!

THESE ARE VIDEO GAMES WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG!!!!!!!

NM
09-24-2004, 09:33 AM
Ps. any suggestions on epics games?

www.epicgames.com

I prefer UT2004 myself.

Sorry couldn't resist. :D

Chris
09-24-2004, 04:04 PM
http://www.thoughtbomb.net/reviews/rarchive/BeyondGoodEvil-thumb.jpg
It doesn't get anymore epic than this great game.

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
09-25-2004, 01:06 AM
Is it really that good. ho wlong did it take to beat

Chris
09-25-2004, 01:15 AM
I don't really remember.
But trust me when I say, it'll blow you away.

Shoeberto
09-25-2004, 01:43 AM
Many reviewers said quite specifically that while it was an amazing game, it was disappointingly short. So yeah.

Carnage
09-25-2004, 01:58 AM
Dont expect anything epic from square for a while. FF12 will suck my nuts so hard it will hurt. FF7: DOC Is just a sad attempt to make money(although i am hopeing it will be great. But slim chances). KH2 might be good though.

DJZen
09-25-2004, 04:43 AM
so if it sucks your nuts so hard that it hurts, doesn't that mean it's gonna kick your ass?

kikimm
09-25-2004, 06:57 AM
I highly, highly, highly, doubt DOC will be anyhting close to epic. From what I've seen, and read, it sounds like it's just going to "BAM!POW!BANG!BOOM!" With big blasts, loads of action fast-paced psycho gameplay. But that's just me.

Hrmm....Drakengard's story feels very epic. It's a great game, despite what too many reviewers have said about it. Xenogears, too. Possibly Xenosaga, but i haven't played that yet. :shame:

:D

Casey
09-25-2004, 07:01 AM
www.epicgames.com

I prefer UT2004 myself.

Sorry couldn't resist. :D

OMG YES~

nic: |SiN|CK @ Instagibe gameplay servers! Been playing since 2k3...

epicgames also is coming out with the latest epic unreal engine to. :D In a few years! Also look forward to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas! It comes out in about a month or so!

The Shoeless Hobo
09-25-2004, 10:58 AM
Dude, Square-Enix has been stabbed. All it needs now is for someone to pull out the knife.

(...I've lost my faith in Square-Enix...)

-N-
09-25-2004, 11:06 AM
Is Xenogears considered an epic? (Not that Xenosaga shit.)

Jolts
09-25-2004, 11:12 AM
I'm not sure ya'll actually know what epic means (and if you do, then disregard that).

epic (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=epic)

Final Fantasy Tactics was pretty good. I like Breath Of Fire III a lot, too.

-N-
09-25-2004, 11:14 AM
We're not looking for ancient verse narratives here.

*clicks link*

Yep, I was right.

Jolts
09-25-2004, 11:29 AM
There is more than one definition there.
adj 1: very imposing or impressive; surpassing the ordinary

None-the-less, I've stated my opinion. I liked FFT and BOFIII.

edczxcvbnm
09-25-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure ya'll actually know what epic means (and if you do, then disregard that).

And I am not sure you quite have a grasp upon ze english lan-guuuage! We are using epic as an adjective and not a noun. It was an epic game. Not an epic ;)

Epic game...epic...game. You want a game....that is an epic. Well Metal Gear is about as epic as they come. While never very long at all, they are about nothing other than super humans who are all about kicking ass taking names.

I don't know what you want though. "epic" is a pretty broad term used to describe games as probably 70-90% could be considered epic.

Zifnab
09-25-2004, 08:57 PM
Yep, Xenogears.

The original Grandia has an incredibly epic feel to it.

Giga Guess
09-25-2004, 09:42 PM
VIDEO GAMES!!!!!!

THESE ARE VIDEO GAMES WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG!!!!!!!

Whoa. Why do people read books? To immerse themselves in a world. Why do people read epic books? To COMPLETELY lose themselves in a world. So is it really such a bad thing to expect a game to do the same? I mean, a game's purpose, at least by this genre, is to tell a story. On the other hand, it's a fair assumption that many have been spoiled by FF7, and 9 for example, that anything less seems inadequate. At any rate, I don't think looking for an "epic" game is unfair.

Craig
09-25-2004, 09:54 PM
KH wasn't mentioned in your list of epics, now that is one epic game I tell ya.

Giga Guess
09-25-2004, 09:56 PM
Oh it is. And if you're in it for all the bells and whistles, it can last a while...

Ouch!
09-25-2004, 10:20 PM
I honestly think FFXII will be perhaps one of the best games in the Final Fantasy series. I think it has the potential to be even greater than FFVII or FFVI, which are generally regarded as the best by most.

If you're looking for epic games, as far as plots go, FFT is amazing, if you can follow it without getting confused.

I love Xenosaga, but I don't know if you'll consider it an epic until you've gone through all six of the games, and those will take a while to be released.

Shoeberto
09-26-2004, 01:09 AM
I love Xenosaga, but I don't know if you'll consider it an epic until you've gone through all six of the games, and those will take a while to be released.
Yeah...play Xenogears first, gain a love for it, then move on to Xenosaga and gain a second love. Or hate, possibly. Depends.

Giga Guess
09-26-2004, 01:12 AM
The Silent Hill games, IMO, are epic. Or at the very least, they require you to think. A lot. About the story, the riddles...

Lord Chainsaw
09-26-2004, 03:58 AM
Epic games: Lunar and Lunar 2.

They aren't epics as in 40-50 hours each, but you WILL grow close to all of the characters. And you WILL be sad when they're finally over. Once you get into the games, you're a part of them.

Those games are as close as you'll get to a video game fairytale. I highly suggest you play them.

Chzn8r
09-26-2004, 05:53 AM
DRAGON WARRIOR 7

The best selling PS1 game in Japan for a good reason...

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
09-27-2004, 12:03 AM

An extended narrative poem in elevated or dignified language, celebrating the feats of a legendary or traditional hero.

yea that is how i would define an epic game. A work of art that tells of hero, and is legendary

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
09-27-2004, 12:06 AM
Epic games: Lunar and Lunar 2.

They aren't epics as in 40-50 hours each, but you WILL grow close to all of the characters. And you WILL be sad when they're finally over. Once you get into the games, you're a part of them.

Those games are as close as you'll get to a video game fairytale. I highly suggest you play them.

that is exacly what i am loking for.
and by the way i do love the metal gears.

StarlightAngel
09-27-2004, 01:23 AM
Tales of Symphonia isn't bad. Neither is Disgaia: Hour of Darkness

Cloud_Strife14
09-28-2004, 04:59 PM
I thought FF4 and 5 were epic. The graphics blowed by i thought the story and gameplay were awsome. :)

BraSkAs_FiNAl_AeoN
10-13-2004, 11:43 PM
I have found it!!!!!!!!!!!
STAR OCEAN TILL THE END OF TIME