PDA

View Full Version : Movie Themes Done By Bands

Jack
09-24-2004, 11:20 AM
Right, when bands do songs for films, do you think they are any good?
For example, Busted's version for "Thunderbirds" is diabolical.
But The Smashing Pumpkins's songs for "Batman & Robin" (BAD FILM) are actually better than the film itself!
What are your opinions? Should bands not do Film themes?

THE END OF THE BEGINNING OF THE END
http://www.billy-corgan.com/downloads/mp3/download.php?mp3=adore&id=9&

THE BEGINNING IS THE END OF THE BEGINNING
http://www.billy-corgan.com/downloads/mp3/download.php?mp3=adore&id=10&

Doc Sark
09-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Other good batman related songs. Touch Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me by U2 and Kiss From a Rose by Seal.

I liked Hero from Spiderman. There have been atrocities though, like said Thunderbird song. I think its good though because linking a band to a movie promotes it to a select audience. Thunderbirds for example is a kids film, having a kids band do the song for it will give it mass appeal to children....I think.

Meat Puppet
09-24-2004, 12:35 PM
Doc Sark bet me to Touch Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me. The video clip is entertaining :upsidedow

Doc Sark
09-24-2004, 01:09 PM
I did and he did. It was a special experience, but where is my Kiss From a Rose? Couldn't give me that could ya....no sir!

Strider
09-24-2004, 05:29 PM
The Presidents of the United States of America, and the "George of the Jungle" theme.

:D

SeeDRankLou
09-24-2004, 08:58 PM
I liked "The World Is Not Enough" by Garbage.

Calliope
09-25-2004, 03:15 AM
THE COVER OF 'EVER FALLEN IN LOVE' IS SO HORRIBLE IT MADE ME WANT TO LEAVE THE THEATRE AND GO HOME AND LISTEN TO THE BUZZCOCKS AND PRETEND THAT OTHER, AWFUL BAND DIDN'T EXIST.

Slacker
09-25-2004, 04:27 AM
Well, what about songa bands do that are based on films?

For example, One by Metallica, which is, in my opinion, the best 'tallica song.

nik0tine
09-25-2004, 05:48 AM
Usually they suck. I certainly would lose respect for any band who did a song for a movie, unless it was really, really fitting. (doesn't happen that often.) Howver, if it was for a crappy B-movie it might be ok.

kikimm
09-25-2004, 06:30 AM
I don't know. They are usually pretty bad, but I know there's probably been at least a couple exceptions.

OH! I really like the "Queen of the Damned" soundtrack. That's a good one.<<<At least, the songs that were written for theat particular movie were good. That's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

The reason why they're so bad is because usually the people that do songs for movies are sh*tty bands, or people, aka, pop stars. No offense to anyone who likes that music, but I can't stand it. And then when they get those people to do the songs, then it's going to be a bad movie....you get it.

:D

Promise
09-28-2004, 05:15 PM
Long Road (Pearl Jam) is probably my favorite soundtrack song.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-28-2004, 05:33 PM
THE END OF THE BEGINNING OF THE END

THE BEGINNING IS THE END OF THE BEGINNINGTry "The End Is the Beginning Is the End" and "The Beginning Is the End Is the Beginning."

The Highlander soundtrack is great. Queen did the lot of it.