PDA

View Full Version : FF VIII Poster, Who Are These Characters?

Treblesix
09-24-2004, 02:08 PM
Does anyone know who these characters are on this poster ?

One looks a bit like Zell, who who knows!

Cheers

Starcrest
09-24-2004, 02:24 PM
umm...i dont think this is VIII, looks more like XII...i...think. i'm not sure, but i dont think it looks like VIII

Treblesix
09-24-2004, 02:38 PM
Odd thing is, is that its got FF VIII logo at the bottom

Xander
09-24-2004, 02:45 PM
The guy is definately the guy from FFXII. (Vaan?) So its probably just a stupid edited thing. I don't recognise the girl, but I don't think it's anything to do with FFVIII.

Polaris
09-24-2004, 02:53 PM
like I said they must be from other FF!

Flying Mullet
09-24-2004, 03:07 PM
Yeah, they just changed the "Final Fantasy XII" at the bottom to "Final Fantasy VIII"

TheAbominatrix
09-24-2004, 03:28 PM
It's Vaan and Penelo... but the background looks vaguely like Garden. Conclusion? Poorly made pirate merchandise.

Polaris
09-24-2004, 03:31 PM
Conclusion: They should have wrote FF and not FF8!

Flying Mullet
09-24-2004, 03:38 PM
Conclusion: If it only cost 1p (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?p=872057#post872057) there's a reason it only cost 1p. Most things are too good to be true.

Polaris
09-24-2004, 03:44 PM
Conclusion: If it only cost 1p (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?p=872057#post872057) there's a reason it only cost 1p. Most things are too good to be true.

or that!

SadisticStreetSoldie
09-25-2004, 12:42 AM
DANG MAN! If those two characters were in FF8, they'd be the ugliest two people in the Eighth World (that's what I call FF8's world) bleurgh they look a lot like me :eek:

TasteyPies
09-25-2004, 01:10 AM
Ugh, something just haunts me about this topic, Vaan and Penelo aren't cool enough to be in 8

Codak
09-25-2004, 01:22 AM
It has Balamb Garden in the background. But yah, this is an edited photo. Not to mention, it shows some striking resemblences of character design????!!!!!

Ancient Goddess
09-25-2004, 01:30 AM
One of two things could have happened:

1.) The person took the characters and placed it in the background and changed the names....or..

2.) These were the original ideas for the images of Squall and Rinoa. They don't look a thing like the ones we're used to, but then again, I've seen the original cells for Zidane of IX and he is WAY different from the one they decided on (in my opinion, it was cooler).

TheAbominatrix
09-25-2004, 01:36 AM
They arent original designs for Squall and Rinoa. They're exact pictures of Vaan and Penelo, in the exact cg's for XII, and someone took the picture and slapped it on a recolored (used a tool in photoshop no doubt) picture of Balamb Garden, and were too dumb/unobservant/lazy to change/remove the Final Fantasy VIII logo.

If you go in small Korean/Chinese/Japanese shops (like in Chinatown/Little Saigon/Little Tokyo/etc edit: and no I'm not being racist, these are simply the only places I've found them in, mainly because they're the only places who carry this sort of merch) they have stuff like this everywhere. And there's people who sell this stuff to schmuks on ebay who're desperate for XII merch. They do this kinda stuff with anime and video game pictures all the time. People make a lot of money with these pirated materials.

There, I've attached a scan from JUMP magazine with both of those pictures included. You can also visit the official site and learn the exact same thing.

Codak
09-25-2004, 01:53 AM
Ding Ding! We have a winner.

I made a fake photo one time of FF8. It's not spectacular, and it has a girl on it from some other game (the name escapes me, starts with a K).

Zifnab
09-25-2004, 10:14 AM
Ding Ding! We have a winner.

I made a fake photo one time of FF8. It's not spectacular, and it has a girl on it from some other game (the name escapes me, starts with a K).
That would be Koudelka, from the game... Koudelka.

sakuraV
09-26-2004, 01:34 AM
maybe some1 use photoshop to did that. It's look ffXII

Baloki
09-26-2004, 04:01 PM
Still a nice poster though, dunno why your all complainging...

nik0tine
09-26-2004, 07:17 PM
Didn't you actually get to see the poster on ebay before you bought it? And if not, why the hell would you buy something off of ebay when there was no picture?

TheAbominatrix
09-26-2004, 11:39 PM
Still a nice poster though, dunno why your all complainging...

No one's complaining, we're discussing what it is since there's obvious confusion.

Starcrest
09-26-2004, 11:54 PM
truely

Treblesix
09-27-2004, 08:12 AM
Didn't you actually get to see the poster on ebay before you bought it? And if not, why the hell would you buy something off of ebay when there was no picture?

There was a picture, that's why I bought it.
It's unusual, and I have been offered a refund If I so wish, but I will keep it, as it is, like I said unusual.

TheAbominatrix
09-27-2004, 05:16 PM
There was a picture, that's why I bought it.
It's unusual, and I have been offered a refund If I so wish, but I will keep it, as it is, like I said unusual.

I think it's a pretty neat poster. Besides, a lot of videogame posters you'll find will either be just characters on a white background (they have tons of X-2 'dress sphere' posters at my local Anime Club store like that), or just be a scene from the game, or have a lot of swirly colors behind it. This poster is pretty neat, for being pirated.

†Fallen_Kaizer†
10-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Those two ain't definitely FFVIII characters as far as i'm concerned.
That guy looks like Vaan, and the girl looks like Penele...something, i dunno. =P And the background building looks like Balamb Garden...but maybe it was edited...yup, definitely edited. :moomba: